Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2022, 12:04 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,248,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Well, it looks like another Easter is going to pass without the return of Jesus.
I'm not seeing any evidence the Jesus-thing was supposed to return at that time.

Quote:
My question for athiests/non believers on this board is how many years/decades/centuries do you think it will take before Christians who believe in a second advent realize that he isn't going to return?
My best guess is sometime around the year 2240.

I base that on the Nippurian Calendar, aka the Jewish Calendar, which the Hebrews adopted.

It is a 6,000 year calendar created in 3740 BCE and ending 2240 CE due to a specified event.

I also base it on the writings of Hebrew prophets who weren't really prophesying, rather they were regurgitating information already known, and they say the Lord of Hosts will return on the Day of the Lord which coincides with 2240 CE.

Suffice to say x-tians will not be even remotely thrilled about it and will do everything in their power to stop it (and so will non-x-tians.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2022, 01:08 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,355,235 times
As long as there are Hot Cross Buns. Easter can continue. L

Old 04-09-2023, 07:15 PM

17,918 posts, read 13,864,743 times
Welp....

Maybe by next year.

But we know he is risen. Just not in any hurry to come back. Can't blame him actually.

Old 04-09-2023, 11:49 PM

16,879 posts, read 5,063,341 times
Quote:
Welp....

Maybe by next year.

But we know he is risen. Just not in any hurry to come back. Can't blame him actually.
At least we know the Easter hare is real. He left chocolate eggs.

Old 04-10-2023, 05:27 AM

6,321 posts, read 4,342,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Furthermore, governments always tout that they provide "peace and security". It implies that without their tender mercies you would have war and insecurity. It helps keep people in line. There is literally no era when someone somewhere is not trumpeting "peace and security".

Yet just like clockwork you can count on the Watchtower to point out that this universal trope is a sign of the end of days when in fact it's an indication that the end of days hasn't yet happened, since people have, are, and will always be saying it.

The REAL sign of the End of Days is Putin threatening the West with nuclear annihilation and having thousands of nukes to back that threat up. As he did just again yesterday.
One of the most ridiculous aspects of Christianity - one that I have rarely touched upon here - is that it actually shuns peace.

Christian doctrine claims that anyone trying to offer peace is really the anti-Christ trying to create a one-world-government. So as long as we keep fighting and dying, the world can continue.

It is one of the most absurd positions I've ever seen any paradigm take - religious or otherwise.

Old 04-10-2023, 05:47 AM

7,267 posts, read 7,141,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
At least we know the Easter hare is real. He left chocolate eggs.
... that's not chocolate ...

Old 04-10-2023, 08:53 AM

51,220 posts, read 24,691,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
One of the most ridiculous aspects of Christianity - one that I have rarely touched upon here - is that it actually shuns peace.

Christian doctrine claims that anyone trying to offer peace is really the anti-Christ trying to create a one-world-government. So as long as we keep fighting and dying, the world can continue.

It is one of the most absurd positions I've ever seen any paradigm take - religious or otherwise.
Right. Remember, "Onward christian soldiers marching as to war..."

Old 05-28-2023, 04:43 AM

84 posts, read 54,678 times
I worshipped the Greek goddess Aphrodite by eating chocolate eggs for Easter this year. I've spent much time studying the Christian religion these last ten weeks and I am confident that it is false.

Old 03-31-2024, 11:37 AM

17,918 posts, read 13,864,743 times
March, 31, 2024...

Time to resurrect this thread again as Christians celebrate their risen savior who is supposed to come back... but never does... .....but who's return is "imminent".

And before anybody bothers to try to be clever this year. Yes we know that Jesus didn't say he was coming back on Easter. So don't bother pointing that out AGAIN... this year.

As a non believer I just celebrate his non- return on this particular day because Christ's resurrection on Easter morning is the event that Christians point to to indicate that he most assuredly will return.

And as a special treat...

An Easter message from my buddy who I call "Hillbilly Hal (Lindsay).... A CNA from West Virginia who preaches the imminent return of Christ with the pre trib rapture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrCV_Q6WvlY

Cliff notes...
Great "Left Behind" type intro...
Rehash of Jesus death on the Cross/Resurrection referencing some Medical journal article from 1986 about Jesus death. (They beat the crap out of Jesus just like in Passion of the Christ... and crucifixion is a tough way to go)... and then the stone was rolled away and the tomb was empty (did you all see that coming?)
The Church has lost it's way and doesn't teach the true gospel anymore.
Jesus actual resurrection occurred on April 8th... Same day as the eclipse.
Rapture Indian(a) will be eclipsed for 3 minutes and 51 seconds when turned backwards is 153 which is a sign of the rapture.
The Jews secretly sacrificed the red heifers on Friday.
Reads (or tries to) Revelation 17.
Lengthy prayer about everything including thanking Jesus for waking all the Global Rapture watchers.
Jesus is coming soon to take him and the other awake people home
A barge running into a bridge in Oklahoma is a sign of the end of days...\
Alarm goes off to signify what will happen when they fly away...
__________________________________________________ ________________________________
There is a global cottage industry on You Tube for all these "watchers" who take geopolitical events etc. and claim they are signs of the end times... Just like Hal Lindsay did some 50 years ago in his "Late Great Planet Earth"...

Perhaps the rapture will occur by this time next Easter and I since I will be left behind I'll have to bring this post up again and eat some crow.

I guess the good news is that if it does happen then we all know that we just have seven years before Jesus comes back and burns this whole thing down.

Last edited by eddie gein; 03-31-2024 at 12:11 PM..

Old 03-31-2024, 12:01 PM

64,091 posts, read 40,390,471 times
Quote:
Welp....

Maybe by next year.

He came back as promised on Pentecost as the "born again" Comforter (Holy Spirit) to guide us to the truth God has "Written in our hearts" with agape love. Those looking for a physical return will be waiting for an eternity since He is already with us in our consciousness. My experience of Him was unmistakable, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism