Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2010, 05:27 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
This Law will never get past the Federal courts and the Politicians know it. They are deliberately wasting milllions on an unconstitutional law just so nthey can wrap themselves in the flag and pose. We need to remember these fascists on election day
Once again Clarence, on what legal authority are you relying upon when making your claim above?

Old 04-22-2010, 05:30 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,891,980 times
Quote:
"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."
Then they asked me for my papers and I didn't have them with me.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:33 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,273,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
1. Your Driver License is NOT proof of Citizenship
Clarence, if you had READ this legislation, you would have seen that the law references "lawfully in" the United States. It references "Lawful Presence" in the United States.

A drivers license, issued by the State of Arizona after 1995 is considered PROOF of "lawfu presence" in the United States (ARS 41-1080).

Old 04-22-2010, 05:37 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
I have no idea what your point is.

I'm asking what in the legislation would prompt people to answer questions about their status.

Hint, there are a couple - but you'll need to read the legislation to find them and they are fairly well guarded. One deals with federal laws, one is an expansion of a state law.

If you are asking questions about what can be used as proof of citizenship once the qualifiers are met then:

As to drivers licenses, et. al. - while not proof of citizenship - they are reasonable indicators that citizenship is probable

As such it has been determined by law that if you have these on you (along with some other documents) it's not reasonable to suspect that you aren't a lawful resident and you cannot be drilled down on any further in respect to residency.
What" other documents". Once again we will spend millions defending Sherrif Joe in Court with money we could have used elsewhere.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:39 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,485,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Please show me in this legislation where this will be allowed.

It doesn't exist.
I'm not a lawyer-Sec.2
B. For any lawful contact made by a law enforcement official or agency of this state or a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States, a reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to determine the immigration status of the person. The person's immigration status shall be verified with the federal government pursuant to 8 United States code section 1373(c).

I found a part of the bill I actually like. It closes a major loophole in the hiring of illegals where a corporation can just subcontract out to someone they know is hiring illegals and not be liable. (will it be enforced?) It doesn't look like the penalties are anymore than a slap on the wrist and isn't anything more than words.
Sec.6 A. An employer shall not knowingly employ an unauthorized alien. If, in the case when an employer uses a contract, subcontract or other independent contractor agreement to obtain the labor of an alien in this state, the employer knowingly contracts with an unauthorized alien or with a person who employs or contracts with an unauthorized alien to perform the labor, the employer violates this subsection.

In Sec. 5 they are trying to make it illegal to pick up someone at home depot. From looking at the bill you could just pull into the parking lot to get around the law. lame

Format Document-Senate Bill 1070

Old 04-22-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Well the government just spent how many millions of dollars on this unconstitutional health care bill. We will remember the marxist on election day as well.
divert, divert.......This isn't a Health Care thread

Old 04-22-2010, 06:12 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,911,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Very interesting theory, AZDesert.

Clueless as to why these kids are "marching" but merely being Hispanic is probably not even close. I have a number of Hispanic friends, both dark and light complexioned, and not one of them is against this legislation.

If the Race Card is being used or abused here, it is by those implying that ALL Hispanics are against respecting and honoring the laws of this country. I firmly believe that is far from the truth.

I am not all that crazy about the extreme security procedures at the airports, nor am I thrilled about having to obtain and carry another ID Card, however, I do not have my head up my butt nor do I live in a case so I fully understand and appreciate the necessity. Unfortunately, the world is not what it was a few decades ago and in order to survive, we need to act accordingly.
I have relatives that are Hispanic. A whole family of them. And they have been in AZ for many years longer than the part of the family who moved here and married them. I have seen the 'race card' played against even them. I have no idea how they feel about this new legislation though.

I said what I did about the kids maybe just wanting to get out of school to go "march" because I probably would, if I were a kid.

Why would/do you have to get yet another ID card? Won't our drivers license be enough? I haven't flown since 9/11 and don't plan to.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post
I'm not a lawyer-Sec.2
B. For any lawful contact made by a law enforcement official or agency of this state or a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States, a reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to determine the immigration status of the person. The person's immigration status shall be verified with the federal government pursuant to 8 United States code section 1373(c).

I found a part of the bill I actually like. It closes a major loophole in the hiring of illegals where a corporation can just subcontract out to someone they know is hiring illegals and not be liable. (will it be enforced?) It doesn't look like the penalties are anymore than a slap on the wrist and isn't anything more than words.
Sec.6 A. An employer shall not knowingly employ an unauthorized alien. If, in the case when an employer uses a contract, subcontract or other independent contractor agreement to obtain the labor of an alien in this state, the employer knowingly contracts with an unauthorized alien or with a person who employs or contracts with an unauthorized alien to perform the labor, the employer violates this subsection.

In Sec. 5 they are trying to make it illegal to pick up someone at home depot. From looking at the bill you could just pull into the parking lot to get around the law. lame

Format Document-Senate Bill 1070
Until we have mandatory jail time for employers, it's all just Posing for the Camera

Old 04-22-2010, 07:52 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,710,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I have relatives that are Hispanic. A whole family of them. And they have been in AZ for many years longer than the part of the family who moved here and married them. I have seen the 'race card' played against even them. I have no idea how they feel about this new legislation though.

I said what I did about the kids maybe just wanting to get out of school to go "march" because I probably would, if I were a kid.

Why would/do you have to get yet another ID card? Won't our drivers license be enough? I haven't flown since 9/11 and don't plan to.
Sorry, AZDesertBrat . . .

I was referring to obtaining and carrying another ID Card as the worse case scenario for the complainers and whiners.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Sorry, AZDesertBrat . . .

I was referring to obtaining and carrying another ID Card as the worse case scenario for the complainers and whiners.
May need that ID, The City of Phoenix is planning to have their Officers challenge the citizenship of EVERYONE they stop. This means you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona