Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 08:14 PM

1 posts, read 6,052 times

Advertisements

Hello, I was wondering seems you own property in this area would you be able to tell me some history on the property that is listed for sale at 327 Woodland Valley Ranch Road before I consult with a real estate agent. It's always good to go to the source first ;-) I want to take a drive out there on Friday. Thank you, Regina
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2011, 10:25 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMom2011 View Post
Hello, I was wondering seems you own property in this area would you be able to tell me some history on the property that is listed for sale at 327 Woodland Valley Ranch Road before I consult with a real estate agent. It's always good to go to the source first ;-) I want to take a drive out there on Friday. Thank you, Regina

I'm not sure who you are directing this to, but this is a relatively old thread, and several of the posters on it may not still be around here that often. You could try to send a direct message to the person you are asking. Just click on their username and you'll see that option on the dropdown menu.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:27 PM

1 posts, read 5,964 times
Default We Bought land at woodland Valley ranch!

Hi, My husband & I recently purchased our WVR land a couple of years ago. We went thru First American Title and had a real nice experience with the whole short process (Dallas) was our realtor. Way it started..we heard a radio commercial on one of our stations in Phx and gave F.A.T. a call and met Dallas up in St.Johns in a small mobile office in center of town and followed him to W.V.R properties and walked many sites with him (in a little snow) then choose our land and paid a 10% down once our offer was accepted.
Please don't do what I did and offer to much as I feel I could have gotten my land alot cheaper had I given it a few more minutes of thought! As Dallas said all that can happen is that my offer wouldn't have been accepted and I'd have to counter offer that's all.
I suggest either paying your choosen land off quickly, doubling or more on payments or all at once as there is no qualifying for this land it is simply sold inexpensively at a somewhat high interest rate.
We opted to double or more our payments and soon paid it off. Our POA is a phenominal $160.00 yearly for road upkeep, and our taxes are low because we haven't built any permaent structures or well yet.
There is a community well nearby and we have a key for it's use anytime we are in need of water. We purchased a used water tank for our needs when we travel out there.
The weather in the summer is georgeous, it's in the 90's during the day and drops into the 60's and 70's in the evenings. You have to be careful tho, I got sunburned in late October (it was a little brisk out) and I was somewhat bundled and didn't think about how intense the clear smogless weather could scorch my skin! I wound up with blisters on my nose by that evening! Winter is bright and cool during the day (couple of tee shirts and a sweatshirt will do), but at night it can get frigid-so bring your longjohns, knit cap, gloves and heavy coat and woolen blankets!
I gotta tell you we sooooo enjoy our land as do our kids and soon our grandkids will.
We have hopes of retiring up there and living a very simple inexpensive lifestyle. You know kind of like a dirt princess, have a large garden, chickens and roosters, a couple sheep and milking goats and a greenhouse for the winter, and our dogs. We want to can every thing we grow, and build or buy a small dwelling to live in (there are so many dwelling options!).
I am very excited about the many prospects of living this kind of life,and I know it would be best to have some family or close friends join us as it's not always gonna be so easy to carry out what our minds are envisioning, especially since we will are aging even as I write this!
Well I hope I answered a few of the quistions you my have had in your head.
Good luck with your dreams, I hope they come true!

D

Old 03-27-2013, 07:16 PM

3 posts, read 8,317 times
Looking in this area as well. I to have horses, and would like to grow some feed for them, most of these post are 2007, what is it like now in this area. Windy>>>>> like WY, windy? How are the snakes around this area as well. thanks all

Old 04-04-2013, 12:24 PM

16 posts, read 46,060 times
We visited St. Johns a year ago and looked at Sierra Highlands, etc. We met with a well driller who was the third generation to drill wells in the region. He told me the power plant takes as much water as it wants from the aquifer. This has caused some shallower wells to run dry. He told me that long term, water will become an issue as the St. Johns side of the Coconino aquifer is the high side. Food for thought.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:25 PM

1 posts, read 5,619 times
[comments on moderation are not permitted in the forums] . I'm unable to post a direct link so google this "coronado generating station source watch" hope it help.

Last edited by observer53; 07-16-2013 at 02:43 PM..

Old 11-13-2013, 07:46 PM

50 posts, read 110,961 times
Went up there few weeks ago. It's about 5to6hrs from Phoenix think it's closer to New Mexico than ST John,s .Didn't look like much going on in the area.Main roads into the ?ranch were good but if it rained you would be staying until they dry could be some time. They don't mention the coal fired power plant in the area or how the water table has fallen or how the taxes in Apache county have gone up lately.Did mention the wind think the states largest wind farm is west of St John,s and the wind seems to blow from the west . Saw some buildings few looked ok some looked like some kids built a fort and their parents made the stop half way through . Look before you buy check with county and see how many owe back taxes or are in default

Old 06-03-2014, 04:00 AM

Up date this area is in the areas of Kidder Morgans gas pipe line from east of St. John's to Texas .they own the mineral rights to all of this area and are talking about drilling 168 gas wells for co2.They also have the rights of intimate domain so not much a land owner can do?

Old 06-21-2014, 01:03 AM

5 posts, read 9,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell1949 View Post
Up date this area is in the areas of Kidder Morgans gas pipe line from east of St. John's to Texas .they own the mineral rights to all of this area and are talking about drilling 168 gas wells for co2.They also have the rights of intimate domain so not much a land owner can do?
Eminent Domain would require payment for the property. If they own the mineral rights, which would be outlined in the deed if someone does, then they would compensate you for your property, either with a payment for putting a drill on there or for the purchase price of the property. I haven't heard of this gas line extension but I know the Potash has been the big topic as of lately.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:44 PM

Think if they put a well on your property they mentioned they would need about 2 acres so take that off your 40 acres . Then pay perhaps $2000.00 for your land which is more than what land goes for in the area.So guess if you don't mind having a mini ranch with a gas well on it and what ever else is involved with its upkeep . Learn to like it because you can't stop it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona