Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2024, 11:57 AM

2,775 posts, read 5,732,813 times

Advertisements

You have to know the rules:
1) Yield to the car on the right
2) Biggest POS car has the right of way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2024, 12:05 PM

5,769 posts, read 11,397,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
You have to know the rules:
1) Yield to the car on the right
2) Biggest POS car has the right of way.
Wrong. As clearly stated in post #2, the car approaching the traffic circle yields to any vehicle already in the circle. Vehicle in the traffic circle has right of way over any vehicle approaching from the entrance to the circle. Size of vehicle doesn't matter. Perhaps you were saying the above as sarcasm?

Old 02-06-2024, 12:57 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,732,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
Wrong. As clearly stated in post #2, the car approaching the traffic circle yields to any vehicle already in the circle. Vehicle in the traffic circle has right of way over any vehicle approaching from the entrance to the circle. Size of vehicle doesn't matter. Perhaps you were saying the above as sarcasm?

Old 02-06-2024, 01:26 PM

335 posts, read 156,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
Naw we got this....
Those traffic circles are huge like the ones in Europe. They started putting them in up here in Canada and they are an accident waiting to happen. They are far too small so they back traffic up much further than a stoplight would, and are usually "decorated" with some large rocks or bushes directly in the middle of them so you can't see if a car is coming until it is basically too late. I avoid them at all costs whenever possible.

Old 02-06-2024, 02:02 PM

15,427 posts, read 9,121,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickIlhenney View Post
Those traffic circles are huge like the ones in Europe. They started putting them in up here in Canada and they are an accident waiting to happen. They are far too small so they back traffic up much further than a stoplight would, and are usually "decorated" with some large rocks or bushes directly in the middle of them so you can't see if a car is coming until it is basically too late. I avoid them at all costs whenever possible.
Me too. Fortunately the nearest one to me is over 100 miles away. But if I travel that far, it becomes difficult if not impossible to avoid them.

Despite my limited experience driving through them, in my 48 years of driving a car, I have probably only driven through them less than 100 times, but I have had plenty of close calls. And not usually my fault. It's usually somebody who just plows right threw the roundabout without slowing down or yielding to anyone.

Roundabouts are some scary s...

Old 02-06-2024, 02:49 PM

416 posts, read 537,587 times
They have been tried in other states years ago and were removed. Too many wrecks.

Old 02-06-2024, 02:58 PM

39,096 posts, read 51,295,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarbuilder View Post
They have been tried in other states years ago and were removed. Too many wrecks.
I don't know where you got that from as quite the opposite is true. They are rapidly gaining in popularity. They cut down fatal intersection accidents by 90% and save drivers time to boot. I was in Wisconsin recently and they have roundabouts everywhere with construction of new ones going full blast. The people there seem to know how to use them possibly reflecting the greater experience with them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...affic-circles/

Old 02-06-2024, 03:01 PM

45,484 posts, read 60,707,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Sure beats an accident thanks to some IDIOT running a Red Light and/or Stop Sign.
You actually will have more idiots not yielding to traffic in the circle. The end result is the same. Ask me how I know.

Old 02-06-2024, 03:03 PM

1,695 posts, read 1,281,272 times
The problem with roundabouts is that people using them need to be paying attention and have an IQ above 70. So really the roundabout is not the problem, it's the people using them.

Old 02-06-2024, 03:19 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,585,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
You're both right, it just depends where you are. In The Netherlands, if there are no signs, or lights, the traffic on the outer lane of the circle must yield the the car approaching to enter the roundabout on your right.

However most I believe have Yield signs so that the car entering the roundabout yields to the traffic in it.

France has a similar situation.

"In most countries, vehicles which are already on the roundabout get priority. On traditional roundabouts in France, however, vehicles entering the flow of traffic from the right get right-of-way, meaning drivers must yield even though they are already on the roundabout."

https://www.frenchentree.com/living-...e%20roundabout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona