Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 12:40 PM

78 posts, read 422,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoboy204 View Post
If you like cities, look into Albuquerque, NM. Listed as one of the lowest pollution cities in US, lots of job growth and housing, low cost of living, and growing health-consciousness -- first city in US to purchase hybrid busses, for example. Check out Rio Rancho, a auburb of ABQ.
Totally agree. Some folks think ABQ is a little barren and desolate, but I love it there. And Rio Rancho would be the first place I'd look if I moved there. Spent three days there a few years ago and loved it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2006, 03:39 PM

1 posts, read 3,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvie View Post
I live in Arkansas and suffer from severe allergies and worsening asthma. I'm an active individual, and these respiratory ailments are putting a crimp in my lifestyle, to say the least.

I've always heard that moving to the desert will help. Leaf mold is one of my big triggers, and we have enough leaves here to sink the Titanic. I wonder if moving there would alleviate?

Anyone have any experience with relieving allergies and asthma by moving to Arizona?
Hi, Don't move to Prescott area if you are allergic to smoke, they do burning most months to cut down on the fires they have in Arizona all summer. Don't forget to look into altitude with your breathing problems, the air is thin. Seems everyone is on oxygen out here. Moving as soon as I can, never sneezed so much in my life.

Old 11-04-2006, 10:35 AM

163 posts, read 826,487 times
supposedly if you are prone to allergies, even if you move eventually your system will become allergic to another trigger. Ask your dr about that.
My dr. told me that this is one of the worst states to be if you have allergies, he said what other posters said, everybody moving from all over bringing/planting non native vegatation. Also he said that something or another is always blooming here year round not just seasonally. Personally I believe that all the construction going on in the desert has disturbed ground that has probably never been disturbed and sitirring things up.
However I hear its good for arthritis out here.

Old 11-04-2006, 01:03 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,177,145 times
I am from Minnesota, my daughter and I both suffer from mold and dust allergies, I also have Fibromyalgia and suffer from the cold. We are looking to relocate somewhere to where we can get relief. My husband and I are both listed as disabled do to health problems, asthma, work injuries etc. If anyone can help as to where we should move to with low cost of living and a good school we would be very thankful. I will check on some of what dgoboy204 wrote in his thread. My many thanks, Yorkie_Mom

Old 11-04-2006, 03:41 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,687,099 times
I'm in the high desert, Sedona. Juniper blooms 4 times a year. Sometimes I'll get headaches from the low humidity.

Old 11-04-2006, 04:54 PM

If anyone has any ideas please e-mail them to me at rdtbrandsoy@web-room.net it is hard to decide when you have so many health problems to consider. We were checking out Colorado, Cheyenne, I guess any where away from to much humidity and cold.
We have been to Albuqureque NM nice place, very big, would like something a little smaller. The heat out their never bothered us since out west you don't have the humidity along with the heat, it is more of a dry heat. I really want to move out west in the best climate that we can find.

Old 11-04-2006, 04:59 PM

163 posts, read 826,487 times
Yorkie Mom. Please take note that depending on where in Arizona you go, Yes, Yes, Yes, we do have some high humidity, for the most part in July and August.
Also really check websites dealing with allergies, etc.
Another factor out here is that the temperature in one day can really deviate a lot, unlike some areas of the country in the winter it might only go up and down a little.
July and August out here are not pleasant:

Old 11-04-2006, 05:06 PM

My husband loves the mountains, and I do to, but as far as snow and cold is what I worry about. I want to move out of Minnesota for that reason.
I love the Rockies, has anyone known of any place where you don't have to deal with a lot of snow or the cold. A little is ok but not 6 or 7 months of it is way to much.

Old 11-05-2006, 05:32 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,463,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
My husband loves the mountains, and I do to, but as far as snow and cold is what I worry about. I want to move out of Minnesota for that reason.
I love the Rockies, has anyone known of any place where you don't have to deal with a lot of snow or the cold. A little is ok but not 6 or 7 months of it is way to much.
Denver/Colorado Springs area. A lot of people think that area is covered in snow all year round because of it's proximity to the Rockies, but in reality, the snow is MUCH less than Minnesota, and the temps/humidity are better as well. You should look into it.

Bob

Old 11-05-2006, 01:42 PM

Thanks, anyone know how the cost of living is in Colorado, Arizona or New Mexico? In the mid west cost of living is low, or house is worth about $75,000 to $80,000, our taxes are $282 every six months the square foot of our house is about 1200 a little to small but would like to find a three bedroom for extra space. We have a basement, with double garage, a family room with a fire place. Just need an idea on a place, that we would be able to make it, out west.
My husband wants to make sure that we can be able to make a living out west on a fixed income. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona