Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 07:28 AM

15 posts, read 127,948 times

Advertisements

I have been told that men with those features can just stand there and attract good looking women.I want to hear from you guys.

Also, hypothetically speaking.

Say you had two men, one with brown hair and brown eyes, another with blonde hair and blue eyes, what would he need to do in a place like Brazil to get more attention from women or do better with women there?

Old 10-02-2012, 01:37 PM

1,446 posts, read 4,596,039 times
Blond-haired/blue-eyed women are stereotyped as being sexually available in Latin America. That is just the stereotype that comes from mass media and it is a widespread belief in that part of the world. I did a study abroad semester in Mexico a number of years ago. We had several blondes in our group who used to receive many catcalls and whistles on the street. It was not so bad if they were with other women, and it never happened if they were with a man. However, they were subject to much sexual harassment, most likely due to their blonde hair, when they were alone. I say it was most likely their blonde hair, because one blonde girl dyed her hair green and the harassment almost completely stopped! After that, she was never afraid to go out alone again. I guess green hair just isn't that popular in Latin America! LOL!

Old 10-05-2012, 12:04 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,426,428 times
Forget it. You are ignored at home - you will be ignored abroad.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:53 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Who the **** cares? Why do people care so damn much? Why are these forums filled with stupid questions like this? I bet you this question has been asked multiple times in the past before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
Forget it. You are ignored at home - you will be ignored abroad.
Kudos to the most common sense post of the day

Old 12-02-2012, 01:11 AM

7,639 posts, read 18,116,906 times
Blue eyes are considered beautiful in much of Latin America, as is blond hair and other typically "Northern European" features. Part of this is because it is looked upon as "exotic". Claim as much as you want that there exist blond-haired, blue-eyed Mexicans or Argentines or whatever, they definitely make up a much smaller percentage than they do in the US. Also, blue eyes, blond hair, and white skin are associated with wealth and status.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:19 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
I think the tall and dark is what people find attractive for men. Tall Blonde and blue eyes is usually associated with the upper class. So an upper class female is what men consider to be the apex of their desire.

Old 12-03-2012, 06:59 AM

6,419 posts, read 1,427,778 times
Tvdxer, answered this question with wisdom. It is true what he says, there a few people with blue eyes in South America, just as people like something we never see in the U.S. It is the same thing. And, some there do think that white people are assoaciated with wealth. I have been to South America 7 times.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:37 PM

15 posts, read 79,433 times
It's not just Latin America, the whole world prefers blonde hair and blue eyes.

A lot of East Asians, I've read, dye their hair blonde, for example.

I've seen several Mexican girls, with obvious native Mexican ancestry, with their hair dyed blonde. Not that any of their likely Spanish ancestry would likely make them blonde either, but native Mexican ancestry definitely wouldn't, so it's clearly dyed hair.

People just like light colors better. In addition, the lighter you are, the higher you're seen in society.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:03 AM

940 posts, read 1,935,184 times
I find this to be true in my experience, but I also think the opposite is true: blond people are attracted to the dark and handsome.

The reason for the attraction to the blondes might have to do with intuitive perception of a certain status and intelligence. Look at the people in the most successful countries in the world: Scandinavia - Finland, Norway, Sweden; Germany. Also (based on my own observations) there are more blond and blue-eyed people in the most affluent towns in the US.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:23 PM

1,726 posts, read 5,859,468 times
LOL. Many blondes I've known were actually pretty dense. There's a reason for the "dumb blonde" stereotype. I've also known many stupid brunettes. There's a lot of people who find brown hair to be more attractive. To each his own. And what makes Scandinavian countries the most "successful"? By what measure?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Americas