Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 10:38 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,563,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitgreb View Post
I see the SOB is using some of the pictures I posted on this sight.
When I posted some photos of my cabin on Totek Lake for sale, I had them lifted by some realestate guy down south that bought a lot of the cheap lots way back and was advertizing them with my lot's view of Mt. McKinley. So I took the photos and put my ebay user name accross them to stop that happening, was getting ready to post it again, but now all the photos will have highly discriptive ownership rights of the photo on them so it won't pop up somewhere else again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 08:13 AM

287 posts, read 598,765 times
Buying land completely sight unseen is a horrible idea.

And you better understand what building on it will be like when it's 60 miles from any road... Take a hint from the video - everything transported in winter... and on snowmobile - not plane.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:35 AM

2 posts, read 4,334 times
just build you something

Old 03-26-2013, 03:31 PM

4 posts, read 9,724 times
hmm where do you think your at?? I was only 8 years old just before statehood lived in Fairbanks Alaska
those were the best times of my live.
this isnt reno nevada. Dead man lake sits out in no man's land it's like wasilla was back in 1970 nothing there but hippies.
You have to be in dmm good shape to walk in or out.remember that no one is going come in to help you if your laying on
the floor from passing out. it gets down to 68 below sometimes for two or three weeks then settles down to maybe -25
oncw winter sets in i doubt if your going anywere so u had better have enough food and firewood to make it through to
may 1st.
then your be seeing bears and more bears!!! that area has more bears then mesqutoes to a square mile so keep an eye
open while walking or else your be attact and might become their dinner for a week.you might think about a electric fence
around your cabin for a while. solar powered 12v should do well.
good luck and remember dont feed the bears
pat

Old 03-26-2013, 03:40 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,817,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiha View Post
Dead man lake sits out in no man's land it's like wasilla was back in 1970 nothing there but hippies.
You say that like it's a bad thing!

Old 03-26-2013, 09:56 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,563,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiha View Post
hmm where do you think your at?? I was only 8 years old just before statehood lived in Fairbanks Alaska
those were the best times of my live.
this isnt reno nevada. Dead man lake sits out in no man's land it's like wasilla was back in 1970 nothing there but hippies.
You have to be in dmm good shape to walk in or out.remember that no one is going come in to help you if your laying on
the floor from passing out. it gets down to 68 below sometimes for two or three weeks then settles down to maybe -25
oncw winter sets in i doubt if your going anywere so u had better have enough food and firewood to make it through to
may 1st.
then your be seeing bears and more bears!!! that area has more bears then mesqutoes to a square mile so keep an eye
open while walking or else your be attact and might become their dinner for a week.you might think about a electric fence
around your cabin for a while. solar powered 12v should do well.
good luck and remember dont feed the bears
pat
Do you get out much? I'm out in that area a lot over the years and have a totally different perspective of that area than you do. I built a cabin south of there in an even more remote place than Deadman Lake and did just fine.

Are you really from Alaska or just reading up on it and pretending to be?

Old 04-08-2013, 12:51 PM

4 posts, read 8,044 times
I have read over this thread because I purchased a lot on the south side of Deadman Lake.

I plan on moving up there either this winter or next spring, whichever time is best for hauling things. I'd like to know how things turned out for you guys? I've got all kinds of questions to ask but it might be easier if I find out in person. I will probably be up there in Fairbanks around November, I might stay there for the winter a get things ready to move out to the lake in Spring. I'd very much appreciate any advice from guys who've already done so.

Just some background, I'm also an army vet. I've got seasonal work up there this summer, then the following spring and summer, and so on, though it is in a different part of the state.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:41 PM

406 posts, read 755,735 times
I have posted my name and phone number several times you are welcome to call me.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:29 PM

4 posts, read 8,044 times
Thank you, I will.

I just wanted to make contact here before you get a call from a stranger asking questions. I'm going to be up around Aniak for work this summer, after that I will head to Fairbanks and start figuring out how to get things out there to the lake and what needs to be done. So, may I call you around October? I can send you a PM beforehand as a reminder.

And thanks, I really appreciate any help.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:37 PM

406 posts, read 755,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGJ1988 View Post
Thank you, I will.

I just wanted to make contact here before you get a call from a stranger asking questions. I'm going to be up around Aniak for work this summer, after that I will head to Fairbanks and start figuring out how to get things out there to the lake and what needs to be done. So, may I call you around October? I can send you a PM beforehand as a reminder.

And thanks, I really appreciate any help.
I field questions all the time about Deadman call email any time if I'm busy I will give time when I can.

Tim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska