Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 05:58 AM

1,710 posts, read 5,679,661 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the correction. It made the news here in Charleston and I was going by what they said. I think that woman should be charged with accessory at the least. She's just as guilty as the 20 yr old especially since she left the scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
So sad three lives lost in that accident and unfortunately it was not stupid teens drag racing ... the driver of the car that killed Cynthia Furr and her daughter was 20 years old ... he was drag racing a 44 year old woman from York ... you would think a 44 year old would have more sense. But according to her arrest records she has accumulated quite a few speeding tickets. A passenger in the car with the 20 year old was killed too, 13 year old Hunter Holt.

The 20 year old has been charged with 3 counts of second degree murder ... I don't know what they will charge the 44 year old woman with unless it was contributing ... she stopped when the accident happened ... got out of her car and walked over to the 20 year old's car and looked in ... got back in her car and went home without even checking out the Furr car. How in the world can someone just drive away and go on their merry way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 07:45 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,449,778 times
Luvsdabeach - Here's a thread with a lot of information about the wreck. I live in that area and it has really touched me this week.

The horrible accident in Steele Creek last Saturday

Old 04-09-2009, 07:39 PM

1,710 posts, read 5,679,661 times
Thanks for that info. Such a shame! My daughter attends Winthrop and this has hit the campus hard.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:42 AM

21 posts, read 49,005 times
THANK YOU!!! I always go the speed limit on that bridge and see people fly right past me. Good to know that I'm not the only one that actually obeys the law around there. I am surprised that I don't see more police...

Old 04-27-2009, 11:58 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,830,787 times
I would imagine the speed limit is low there because of the potential for congestion ahead. You got to consider the fact that when you have a reduction in speed limit, most people don't immediately slow down. The bridge is about the perfect length to get pepole slowed down before T Bones, Mc Donalds, the bank, River Hills entrance, etc. That area would be a nightmare if you had to deal with cars still going much faster than the speed limit if you were trying to make a left out of those places to head north.

This concludes tonight's presentation of My Probably Incorrect Theory. Be sure to tune in next week.

Old 02-10-2023, 07:32 AM

20 posts, read 31,414 times
I can't believe that the last time someone commented on the speed on the Buster Boyd Bridge was back in 2009. I recently move here from NYC and no one follows the speed limits anywhere in this area. This is espically true on the Buster Boyd Bridge. There must be a reason the that speed drops lla the way down to 35mph on that bridge. I will stand with anyone on either side of that bridge for an hour and pay you a dollar for anyone doing less than 45mph over that bridge. Either the speed limit should be increased or the speed limit should be enforced on that bridge. What a joke.

Old 02-11-2023, 07:49 PM

33 posts, read 32,377 times
Literally. I lived in LKW for a while and always did 50-60 on the bridge, especially since the speed limit on the NC side is 55 IIRC.

Old 02-14-2023, 08:59 AM
NDL

4,516 posts, read 5,642,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccs11 View Post
I can't believe that the last time someone commented on the speed on the Buster Boyd Bridge was back in 2009. I recently move here from NYC and no one follows the speed limits anywhere in this area. This is espically true on the Buster Boyd Bridge. There must be a reason the that speed drops lla the way down to 35mph on that bridge. I will stand with anyone on either side of that bridge for an hour and pay you a dollar for anyone doing less than 45mph over that bridge. Either the speed limit should be increased or the speed limit should be enforced on that bridge. What a joke.
Not meaning to come across like a jerk: what is your complaint?

I ran up to NYC over the weekend: NY speed limits are artificially low; enforcement is ridiculous, and drivers are very discourteous and many lack sense.

In the Charlotte Metro area - outside of the immediate City itself - driving is very easy. It's not the wild west.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties