Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2024, 03:14 PM

17,384 posts, read 15,545,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaByrd View Post
People hate it for the same reason they would hate someone farting at will in the next cube. It's nauseating. No one wants to work in an environment that smells like a wartime brothel.
The scents produced in brothels are supposed to be alluring to humans. The smells from the discharges are natural indicators that "she is ready" cause men who are in the vicinity to experience uncontrollable arousal.

And some people enjoy the strong smells of farts, else coprophilia would not be a thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2024, 03:21 PM

35,262 posts, read 17,166,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaByrd View Post
People hate it for the same reason they would hate someone farting at will in the next cube. It's nauseating. No one wants to work in an environment that smells like a wartime brothel.
The scents produced in brothels are supposed to be alluring to humans. The smells from the discharges are natural indicators that "she is ready" cause men who are in the vicinity to experience uncontrollable arousal.

And some people enjoy the strong smells of farts, else coprophilia would not be a thing.
Nit-picking aside I think you understood TeaByrd's post.

Old 05-06-2024, 05:50 PM

17,384 posts, read 15,545,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Nit-picking aside I think you understood TeaByrd's post.
Indeed.

Old 05-06-2024, 07:13 PM

24,731 posts, read 11,066,957 times
Quote:

Most folks heating lunch in the company lunch room's microwave do have food on their mind not brothel scents.

Old 05-07-2024, 04:37 AM

11,291 posts, read 19,641,386 times
We've got one who makes eggs and broccoli in the microwave, then brings it up to their desk, dragging the stench through the entire building. Almost daily.

Old 05-07-2024, 08:37 AM

9,452 posts, read 8,433,608 times
Quote:

Sorry, what does this have to do with cooking stinky food in an office environment?

Old 05-08-2024, 06:15 PM

18,491 posts, read 31,701,265 times
we are forbidden to cook any fish in the microwaves at all. e gave a few Russian boys and the food they eat is gross beyond disgusting.

so it was cooked once the next day we all got a stern memo from mangement not to ever cook fish in the kitchen because the smell travels thru out the office, and we have operable windows as well.

but it is gross, it really is.

Old 05-08-2024, 08:27 PM
Status: "Do not pass GO, do not collect $300 (used to be $200)" (set 25 days ago)

602 posts, read 275,550 times
Quote:
No, but I did just have some natto over rice for lunch.
Thankfully for my coworkers, natto isn't typically microwaved, so them smell didn't travel through the office.
Lol, natto is pretty hardcore, and I deal with almost anything. I had some natto in the source country, and now see why it's been used in comedy for trapping people (so sticky!). Maybe not just in comedy...

As for me, I actually like the smell of fish - perhaps the mental association with how much I enjoy the taste overrides anything else. Curry too, though there's some diversity there: with the right curry, I don't mind if my place smells like it for a day or two; others not so much.

(that said, I've always been on the considerate side, so almost always kept my stuff at home)

Old 05-09-2024, 03:39 AM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 3 days ago)

16,092 posts, read 21,217,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Sorry, what does this have to do with cooking stinky food in an office environment?
The fact that one man's trash is another's treasure. That smell is highly subjective and what is offensive or pleasant varies from person to person.
I'd much rather smell cooked fish than smell overpowering cheap cologne so many people choose to drench themselves with.

Old 05-09-2024, 04:17 AM

9,452 posts, read 8,433,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
The fact that one man's trash is another's treasure. That smell is highly subjective and what is offensive or pleasant varies from person to person.
I'd much rather smell cooked fish than smell overpowering cheap cologne so many people choose to drench themselves with.
Well okay, I'm sure there is someone who loves the smell of sewers as well but that doesn't mean we should remove bathroom doors to satiate that one person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment