Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2024, 08:28 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,371,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Hes not a functioning man either...
Besides estranging himself from his family, losing his military status & camaraderie should tell him how badly he has screwed up.
Just my opinion of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2024, 03:10 PM

2,361 posts, read 861,744 times
Maybe fame awaits him in California. The Surf King of Zuma Beach

Old 04-26-2024, 12:19 AM

10,143 posts, read 15,029,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Austen View Post
Maybe fame awaits him in California. The Surf King of Zuma Beach
He can probably write another book of what is it like to go from living in London as a member of the royal family to his current life in California. It could be about mundaine things, but he’s the type of persona that will have success on anything he writes simply because it’s about Harry.

Old 04-26-2024, 08:01 AM

3,262 posts, read 3,217,202 times
The article today about him awarding a medal to an injured American soldier is so strange. How did he get such an honor? And he looked stupid wearing his participation medals on his business suit. Whoever is his therapist is not doing a good job. He is not introspective at all. But then again, the US military has lost the plot just for allowing him to butt in,

Old 04-26-2024, 01:02 PM

2,361 posts, read 861,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
The article today about him awarding a medal to an injured American soldier is so strange. How did he get such an honor? And he looked stupid wearing his participation medals on his business suit. Whoever is his therapist is not doing a good job. He is not introspective at all. But then again, the US military has lost the plot just for allowing him to butt in,
In all fairness the wearing of medals on suits is nothing out of the normal. My dad, a veteran of WW2 wore his medals on his suits when on parade for November 11 Remembrance Day just as all those other veterans did.

You have to consider also that the American military have no grudge towards him. As far as they're concerned he's a vet who served his country honourably and the damage he did to himself only concerns his own family.

Just trying to keep things in perspective

Old 04-26-2024, 01:46 PM

16,686 posts, read 17,457,574 times
As far as certain newspapers are concerned, Harry is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. I am no fan of his, but he has become a whipping boy, and frankly it is pathetic.

Cue royalists rushing to say how he wronged the royal family, but papers like the Daily Express use him as a distraction from the real issues of the day.

Old 04-27-2024, 12:24 AM

18,542 posts, read 18,789,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
As far as certain newspapers are concerned, Harry is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. I am no fan of his, but he has become a whipping boy, and frankly it is pathetic.

Cue royalists rushing to say how he wronged the royal family, but papers like the Daily Express use him as a distraction from the real issues of the day.
This is true about other more important things that are going on in the World.... but Harry brought it all on himself with his self pity and tall tales...hes nothing more than a pathetic traitor..

Old 04-27-2024, 04:22 AM

16,686 posts, read 17,457,574 times
Quote:
This is true about other more important things that are going on in the World.... but Harry brought it all on himself with his self pity and tall tales...hes nothing more than a pathetic traitor..
I know that many view Harry as a 'traitor', or something along those lines. What I find astounding is how this is constantly, continually and relentlessly pushed by certain media outlets, most notably the Daily Express.

This helps feed the hostility towards him, but, as I mentioned, distracts from the general ineptitude of the current 'government'.

Old 04-27-2024, 12:12 PM

18,542 posts, read 18,789,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
I know that many view Harry as a 'traitor', or something along those lines. What I find astounding is how this is constantly, continually and relentlessly pushed by certain media outlets, most notably the Daily Express.

This helps feed the hostility towards him, but, as I mentioned, distracts from the general ineptitude of the current 'government'.
The media stinks... I wouldnt want to be in the public eye... I couldnt handle it... but Harry and his wife left the UK and Royal duties....they said to have a more private life... that was a bit of a joke ,Meghan craves attention and always has done..Maybe he believed her when she said a life away from the press.... Of course it wasnt true...but hes too deep in now to dig himself out....The stress he must be under is much more than any press hounding them here in the UK.... I might be wrong of course...only my opinion...

Old 04-27-2024, 12:43 PM

2,244 posts, read 1,347,664 times
Quote:
The media stinks... I wouldnt want to be in the public eye... I couldnt handle it... but Harry and his wife left the UK and Royal duties....they said to have a more private life... that was a bit of a joke ,Meghan craves attention and always has done..Maybe he believed her when she said a life away from the press.... Of course it wasnt true...but hes too deep in now to dig himself out....The stress he must be under is much more than any press hounding them here in the UK.... I might be wrong of course...only my opinion...
.... and then they carried on across the ocean to inflict so much pain on the last few years of QEll.

How many of us had a dream job landed on our laps, and without having to go through a battle of hard knocks initially. If "The Firm" did not work out, be grateful for the lucrative life-long severance, quit and shut up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom