Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2024, 04:09 AM

4,269 posts, read 2,572,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Austen View Post
Obviously the truth concerning Harry in the UK falls into three categories:

The haters

The likers

Those who couldn't care less, the majority being Millenials I suspect.

In the last case King Charles faces a considerable challenge ahead to bring the Monarchy firmly into modern times if it is to remain meaningful and relevant into the next decades.
May I add a fourth category? Those who are disappointed. He had such a platform to advocate for causes without the distraction of publicly airing his emotional issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2024, 12:06 PM

2,415 posts, read 888,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
May I add a fourth category? Those who are disappointed. He had such a platform to advocate for causes without the distraction of publicly airing his emotional issues.
He had issues to deal with. Lost his mother as a child. Easy to ignore but I'm truly thankful I never lost mine at that early age. Obviously we'll never know the intimate details of how the family regarded his marriage to a woman of mixed blood and an American.

Princess Anne is known to have remarked that "Meghan was destined to have a short shelf life as a member of the Royal family" which leaves a lot open to interpretation.

Old 05-13-2024, 03:11 PM

1,403 posts, read 746,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Austen View Post
He had issues to deal with. Lost his mother as a child. Easy to ignore but I'm truly thankful I never lost mine at that early age. Obviously we'll never know the intimate details of how the family regarded his marriage to a woman of mixed blood and an American.

Princess Anne is known to have remarked that "Meghan was destined to have a short shelf life as a member of the Royal family" which leaves a lot open to interpretation.
Never flies on Princess Anne.

Old 05-13-2024, 08:26 PM

380 posts, read 582,037 times
I am sure its been mentioned but Harry hasn't 'renounced' residency of the UK which he can't unless he relinquishes his British citizenship. He is now no longer a tax resident of the UK because he lives in the US - however, he is free to come back to the UK any time he likes and become a tax resident if he spends more than 183 days in the country.

Good luck to him and his wife and family. I don't know one fellow Brit who gives a monkeys about him nor wishes him or his family any harm - all the hatred and bile seems to come from online goblins with nothing better to do.

Old 05-14-2024, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villabella22201 View Post
While I have a lot of respect for her dedication and service as a member of the Royal family I never liked her much as a person. Always ever ready to use the sharp edge of her tongue is my guess.

Last edited by James Austen; 05-14-2024 at 12:02 PM..

Old 05-14-2024, 11:33 AM

1,506 posts, read 1,687,258 times
I thought it was a joke about her horsey nature.

Old 05-14-2024, 02:49 PM

1,688 posts, read 3,969,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villabella22201 View Post
I've always liked her - speaks her mind.

Old 05-14-2024, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelou View Post
I've always liked her - speaks her mind.

Many a press reporter told to "Naff Off" I'm sure

Old Yesterday, 05:13 PM

3,314 posts, read 3,261,360 times
Heat up your popcorn popper. Looks like the US is balking about releasing Harry’s visa application because certain law enforcement documents would reflect poorly on him. The exact words from the government attorney was that there would be a “stigma” associated with their release.

https://archive.ph/YGqRO

Old Today, 11:06 AM

383 posts, read 175,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
that "tourist attraction" brings a lot of money into the UK.
so does Versailles, what's your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom