Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 11:22 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,327,578 times

Advertisements

Okay:

Red - I don't even know if he knew where he was or why he was there....best version of Bohemian Rhapsody I've ever heard (sike ).

BushBaby - him and his friend (can't remember his name)...I thought they were sooooo bad that they were cute...my heart truly went out to them. I'm glad Simon let the friend down easy, yes, surprisingly he was very nice to him, which is good, but he was sooo rude to "bushbaby"....sorry, I don't remember his name.

Redlipstick girl & mom - OH MY GOD!!!!!! What was up with that?! After having kids, my boobs don't even hang that low (thank God, and if they did, I'd have quadruple underwire under those babies). Her mom didn't look any older than her...or should I say, she didn't look any younger than her mom. All I can say about them is WHAT THE @#$! ?????

I liked the Taylor Hicks wannabe, I thought it was very generous of him to want to fix Simon's hair ...oh brother.

My favorite though was the girl the first night, I think her name was Brenna - the blonde one who has seen and owns every single episode of AI and even watches the British version, the Australian version and all the others. Anyone who can walk in, look Simon dead in the eye and say something so ridiculous as "Me and American Idol are like BFF", is my kind of girl (remember to use your valley girl accent when reciting the above line). What was up with her eyes?! She reminded me of a dog, you know how dogs look at you but both eyes seem to be doing different things...one eyebrow goes up, the other stays down, then they shift their gaze and the other eyebrow pops up...that's what she was doing. (I personally thought she had a gun or something in her pocket...just in case....glad I was wrong).

And lastly, who could (or will ever) forget the Cowardly Lion girl?!?!?! Did you see at the end when they showed people singing Kiss by Prince? She was singing it and she "roared" like the lion in that song too!!!! Again, WHAT THE @#$! ???

However, there was some talent...none of which I thought compared to the amount of talent in the past, but I'll keep watching, I do like the show and as opposed to the other "reality" shows, this shows an upside, not bickering, cat-fighting and infidelity. I do think it's mean to make fun of people, however, you know they are either asking for it or expecting it...these people are going on national TV, they know they're putting themselves at high risk for mockery and rejection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2007, 11:54 AM

889 posts, read 3,116,520 times
I admit i dont watch this show very often. But i did watch it last night and just could not believe some of these characters.Is this for real, or do the producers find these people some how and pay them tho go on the show?In other words, is some of this "staged"?? I honestly dont know myself but it seems just to weird of some of these people.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:57 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,479,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvn2nc View Post
I admit i dont watch this show very often. But i did watch it last night and just could not believe some of these characters.Is this for real, or do the producers find these people some how and pay them tho go on the show?In other words, is some of this "staged"?? I honestly dont know myself but it seems just to weird of some of these people.
I think the same too, did you see that "urban-amish" guy? That had to been fake!

Old 01-18-2007, 11:58 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,795,138 times
I told my husband that I was going to go on and sing "Like a virgin"
He laughed at me

Old 01-18-2007, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
I think the same too, did you see that "urban-amish" guy? That had to been fake!
Totally as far as the fake goes. What else can it be including that "thing" and her mother????!!
Pleazzzz-- this cannot be real and these people taken serious other than trying to be "discovered" for being ugly misfits who cant sing!
And the urban amish guy-was that the guy with the "bug"eyes?

Old 01-18-2007, 12:31 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,479,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvn2nc View Post
And the urban amish guy-was that the guy with the "bug"eyes?
The "urban-amish" guy was on the first show! He self-professed his "look" to be "urban-amish" which was something with a ZZtop beard, amish looking garb and matching hat with sunglasses.

This guy claimed to have never seen the show as he is "amish". (they asked him if he seen it and his reply was "...no t.v....")

Old 01-18-2007, 12:58 PM

Quote:
The "urban-amish" guy was on the first show! He self-professed his "look" to be "urban-amish" which was something with a ZZtop beard, amish looking garb and matching hat with sunglasses.

This guy claimed to have never seen the show as he is "amish". (they asked him if he seen it and his reply was "...no t.v....")
Then how did he know about the show??? I venture to say he got caught in his own lie.What people will do for fame-OMG

Old 01-18-2007, 03:10 PM

1,942 posts, read 8,488,979 times
I have watched every show since the first season. I know some of my friends who watch it specifically for the crazy people. Honestly, I am only about it for the talent, and I REALLY REALLY wish they would showcase more of the people who can actually sing then the people that should be wearing straight jackets with socks in their mouths.
I liked this one girl who had long curly dark hair, I think she sang "somewhere over the rainbow". But they really didn't show us many people who could sing. I can't wait until the auditions are over and they are narrowing it down.

Old 01-18-2007, 03:30 PM

378 posts, read 1,905,405 times
Two words Apollo Creed!

Old 01-18-2007, 03:37 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,327,578 times
Quote:

I missed him! I wasn't in the room the first few minutes it was on so I missed out of some of the weirdos. Darn.

Apollo Creed, he said he was representing our country....he really thought he'd be slick and try to represent Rocky Balboa since it just came out (oooh, very original )

By the way, anybody see Rocky yet? I did, finally!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV