Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 03:40 PM

16,447 posts, read 12,624,041 times

Advertisements

The Buck storyline doesn't bother me in the least. He's always been kind of a flaky character, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit that he never realized he was bi until a guy came along that he was attracted to and was attracted to him.

What I can't believe is that people don't seem to be bothered by the ridiculous 3 episode Poseidon Adventure-esque cruise ship debacle. The show really jumped the shark with that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2024, 04:09 PM

6,201 posts, read 4,606,993 times
I was bothered by the Poseidon Adventure. Next week is The Bachelor Party. I think this is supposed to be the last season of a show that's been ridiculous from the start, so they're swinging for the fences. I think the Buck story line is just plain stupid after introducing him as a womanizer. I think the whole show is stupid and I just watch as a guilty pleasure to see how low it can go. My husband keeps asking did they have a (fill in the blank) yet? and they have: hurricane, tidal wave, earthquake, meteor strike, terrorists, this show has it all (sarcasm).

Old 04-12-2024, 04:11 PM

11,835 posts, read 12,100,776 times
I’m stuck on the sudden transition to the wedding of Maddie and Chim. That came out of left field and felt like a dream or a spoof.

Old 04-13-2024, 08:52 AM

12,818 posts, read 15,113,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnan View Post
I’m stuck on the sudden transition to the wedding of Maddie and Chim. That came out of left field and felt like a dream or a spoof.

Right & then the 2 guys suddenly running in all in disarray is copying the scene from the movie, The Hangover, it seems.

& I guess they'll keep up w/ the Buck now being gay (or bi) situation.

It feels like this show's on its last season because it seems like it's running out of ideas being all over the place. OK, seems like it's been renewed for an 8th season.

Old 04-13-2024, 10:05 AM

27,282 posts, read 44,258,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Right & then the 2 guys suddenly running in all in disarray is copying the scene from the movie, The Hangover, it seems.

& I guess they'll keep up w/ the Buck now being gay (or bi) situation.

It feels like this show's on its last season because it seems like it's running out of ideas being all over the place. OK, seems like it's been renewed for an 8th season.
I stream it on Hulu and notice it's consistently among their Top 10 most watched shows.

Old 04-13-2024, 10:11 AM

12,818 posts, read 15,113,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I stream it on Hulu and notice it's consistently among their Top 10 most watched shows.

I watch on Hulu too. Don't get me wrong, I still like the show overall.

Old 04-14-2024, 12:33 AM

6,201 posts, read 4,606,993 times
The Hangover, not the bachelor party. To go along with the Poseidon Adventure. I can't imagine a season 8 because they ran out of ideas a long time ago.

Old 04-14-2024, 02:56 PM

27,282 posts, read 44,258,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
The Hangover, not the bachelor party. To go along with the Poseidon Adventure. I can't imagine a season 8 because they ran out of ideas a long time ago.
I'm sensing different writers and would bet short-lived based on fan reaction thus far. Ratings are good but only because of the cast.

Old 04-14-2024, 05:14 PM

16,447 posts, read 12,624,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I'm sensing different writers and would bet short-lived based on fan reaction thus far. Ratings are good but only because of the cast.
Keep in mind that "fan reaction" presents rather a rather skewed picture of how it's being received. Sure, you're hearing from the loud closed minded folks who have an issue with Buck being bi, but you're NOT hearing from the people who aren't bothered by it in the least. Because the complainers are usually the loudest, but that doesn't necessarily mean they represent the opinions of the majority. We'll know in a few weeks when we see if the ratings actually reflect a loss of viewers.

Old 04-15-2024, 06:54 PM

1,493 posts, read 1,237,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
The Buck storyline doesn't bother me in the least. He's always been kind of a flaky character, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit that he never realized he was bi until a guy came along that he was attracted to and was attracted to him.

What I can't believe is that people don't seem to be bothered by the ridiculous 3 episode Poseidon Adventure-esque cruise ship debacle. The show really jumped the shark with that one.
TOTALLY annoyed with 3 episodes of that cruise ship nonsense!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV