Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2023, 12:05 PM

837 posts, read 1,719,063 times

Advertisements

Good news for fans of Clarkson's Farm. Season 2 is now on Netflix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2023, 12:56 PM

32,737 posts, read 48,366,038 times
This is earlier than expected. I'll look for it.

I enjoyed the show, but it is so obviously reality TV because no one can be that stupid, especially not a man who has always been very successful and who can own such an expensive large piece of real estate. Still it is fun to watch.

Old 02-10-2023, 01:40 PM

9,927 posts, read 7,298,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeluvr View Post
Good news for fans of Clarkson's Farm. Season 2 is now on Netflix.
I believe it's on Amazon Prime.

Old 02-10-2023, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
I believe it's on Amazon Prime.
You are absolutely right. I'm watching it right now--had to check.

Old 02-10-2023, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post

I enjoyed the show, but it is so obviously reality TV because no one can be that stupid, especially not a man who has always been very successful and who can own such an expensive large piece of real estate. Still it is fun to watch.
I think both Clarkson and his, supposed hayseed, sidekick Kaleb are pretty smart--there is certainly some acting.

Kaleb is very talented with mechanics and technical problems. I like seeing how much new technology is available to farmers these days.

Old 02-10-2023, 02:10 PM

14,634 posts, read 12,299,361 times
We've been looking forward to this. Enjoy all the personalities, and their message. Good PR for farming.

Old 02-10-2023, 02:17 PM

5,495 posts, read 8,235,382 times
I was pleasantly surprised when I found season 2 last night. I watched the first two episodes and enjoyed them. Funny and educational.

The young Kaleb Cooper, Clarkson's teacher and assistant, is back, and he is still unapologetic for loving the rural farming lifestyle and having no interest in the things that sophisticated urban people like. The first season, however, made him a celebrity in the UK.

Obviously a lot of the things are scripted, but they are intended to show in a humorous and interesting way, how difficult and complicated it is to be a modern farmer, which seems to be one of the main intents of the show.

The show always treats rural farming people with respect and never in a condescending way.

The second episode shows how a heifer is artificially inseminated. It was really interesting. Clarkson calls the complicated mechanism that holds the heifer in place a Max Mosley device. If you don't follow Formula 1 racing, you probably won't know what he means. This article will explain it. Mosley has a history of things like this:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ts-censor.html

Old 02-10-2023, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post

The young Kaleb Cooper, Clarkson's teacher and assistant, is back, and he is still unapologetic for loving the rural farming lifestyle and having no interest in the things that sophisticated urban people like. The first season, however, made him a celebrity in the UK.

The second episode shows how a heifer is artificially inseminated. It was really interesting. Clarkson calls the complicated mechanism that holds the heifer in place a Max Mosley device. If you don't follow Formula 1 racing, you probably won't know what he means. This article will explain it. Mosley has a history of things like this:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ts-censor.html
Shame on Max Mosley!

I agree Kaleb seems totally happy in a world that some would find too limited. But, why not? He's engaged in his work and obviously good at it.

Old 02-11-2023, 10:50 AM

4,956 posts, read 3,384,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post

Lots of folks (likely most folks) have no idea what farming and/or dealing with livestock entails. Having spent many years of my adult life in that environment after growing up 100% 'city boy', I think it's a scream. I'm sure the reactions are 'scripted' in that he may redo a scene to make it better, but the reactions themselves are spot-on.

Old 02-11-2023, 12:34 PM

14,634 posts, read 12,299,361 times
We just finished! Binge watched the whole thing.

I'll wait 'til others have finished to talk too much about lessons learned... don't want to give away spoilers too early.

Already waiting for #3.

Last edited by Diana Holbrook; 02-11-2023 at 12:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV