Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2023, 12:44 PM

14,634 posts, read 12,299,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
Lots of folks (likely most folks) have no idea what farming and/or dealing with livestock entails. Having spent many years of my adult life in that environment after growing up 100% 'city boy', I think it's a scream. I'm sure the reactions are 'scripted' in that he may redo a scene to make it better, but the reactions themselves are spot-on.
Agreed. I think the evolution of attitudes and perspectives from the first season to now is also genuine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2023, 04:30 PM

4,956 posts, read 3,384,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
We just finished! Binge watched the whole thing.

I'll wait 'til others have finished to talk too much about lessons learned... don't want to give away spoilers too early.

Already waiting for #3.
Believe I read that there won't be a three because Clarkson has 'offended' too many different groups lately.

Old 02-11-2023, 05:14 PM

5,495 posts, read 8,235,382 times
Quote:
Believe I read that there won't be a three because Clarkson has 'offended' too many different groups lately.
Yes.

He wrote a column critical of Prince Harry and Meghan. One thing he wrote: he was "dreaming of the day when [Meghan] is made to parade naked through the streets of every town in Britain while crowds chant, 'Shame!' and throw lumps of excrement at her".

Old 02-11-2023, 05:21 PM

11,920 posts, read 6,251,225 times
Quote:
Clarkson, offensive? I refuse to believe that!

Like Monty Python, he is SUPPOSED to offend people. That is his main humor.

Old 02-11-2023, 06:28 PM

14,634 posts, read 12,299,361 times
Last I heard there will be a THREE, it's already been filmed. I'm just not sure there will be a FOUR unless someone else will pick it up because Amazon is waffling.

Old 02-12-2023, 02:31 PM

23,497 posts, read 19,210,539 times
Thanks for the tip! Loved season 1. I agree the less-than-idyllic realities of modern farming are a scream. Anyone who enjoyed reading James Herriot's books about the grubby reality of being a neophyte livestock vet during the 1930s will get it.

Keep meaning to ask my UK relatives who've lived in the area what they think about the "real" situation. When he described the public meeting held to give locals the opportunity to learn about plans for the farm I had to laugh at what he considered uncomfortable. I have vivid memories of a public meeting I happened to officiate at regarding a regionally divisive issue. When the attendees decided they didn't like what they were hearing, someone broached a keg they brought along in the bed of their pickup, they got drunk and began dismantling the building. While we were still sitting in it.

Last edited by Parnassia; 02-12-2023 at 04:01 PM..

Old 02-13-2023, 05:11 AM

4,956 posts, read 3,384,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Last I heard there will be a THREE, it's already been filmed. I'm just not sure there will be a FOUR unless someone else will pick it up because Amazon is waffling.
Most places are saying this. I'm surprised they have a third season already filmed when they just released season two.

Old 02-13-2023, 07:34 AM

9,927 posts, read 7,298,892 times
Quote:
Most places are saying this. I'm surprised they have a third season already filmed when they just released season two.
It's possible that enough material was in the can that allows them to create a 3rd season.

Old 02-13-2023, 08:04 AM

643 posts, read 410,216 times
According to his Twitter feed they are in the process of filming Season 3, so it will be new material. Binged Season 2 over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. I still don't understand a word Gerald is saying!

Old 02-13-2023, 12:08 PM

32,737 posts, read 48,366,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceira View Post
........ I still don't understand a word Gerald is saying!
No one does. Some of the reginal dialects are difficult to understand, but Gerald occasionally speaks perfectly clear English, although with a strong accent. That is the Cotswold area where the language is pretty much the same as in London, so that is not any sort of reginal speech. I lived in the Cotswold area for three years in a farming community and never ran into anyone who was unintelligible. The farmers, the travelers, the towns people, the laborers all spoke clear English.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV