Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities
 [Register]
Tri-Cities Kennewick - Pasco - Richland area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 08:00 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,863,546 times

Advertisements

The cleanup of Hanford continues on schedule, and reaches a milestone.

https://komonews.com/news/local/majo...reatment-plant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2021, 08:29 PM

Not a sexy topic, but this continues to drive employment in the Tri-Cities. And will for atleast another 25 years, probably more like 40. That said, with this base, the rest of the TC economy continues to boom with a residential housing surge, more retail, more apartments, etc.

Look to what is happening out at Horn Rapids at Hwy 240. Once a small suburban community of 100 homes, now a major intersection of impressive growth with new retail, apartments, and continued new homes. Horn Rapids may become the next major suburb of the Tri-Cities. I wouldn't rule out Hwy 240 being expanded at some point.

I still believe a lot of the growth is coming from those sick and tired of Seattle and Portland, with their issues.

Old 01-14-2021, 03:11 PM

5,703 posts, read 4,276,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Not a sexy topic, but this continues to drive employment in the Tri-Cities. And will for atleast another 25 years, probably more like 40. That said, with this base, the rest of the TC economy continues to boom with a residential housing surge, more retail, more apartments, etc.

Look to what is happening out at Horn Rapids at Hwy 240. Once a small suburban community of 100 homes, now a major intersection of impressive growth with new retail, apartments, and continued new homes. Horn Rapids may become the next major suburb of the Tri-Cities. I wouldn't rule out Hwy 240 being expanded at some point.

I still believe a lot of the growth is coming from those sick and tired of Seattle and Portland, with their issues.

How can growth be "impressive"? I find it "depressive" as more and more formerly nice places are overrun with people and development.

Old 01-14-2021, 05:09 PM

You have every right to be anti-growth. I don’t share that view. Growth provides jobs, helps improves lives for families and individuals, improves schools, hospitals, entertainment options and I could go on and on. I guess I prefer to look at the glass half full.

Old 01-14-2021, 06:12 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,038,690 times
Quote:
You have every right to be anti-growth. I don’t share that view. Growth provides jobs, helps improves lives for families and individuals, improves schools, hospitals, entertainment options and I could go on and on. I guess I prefer to look at the glass half full.
My community has more than tripled in population. Home prices have also tripled.

Did I get anything out of the deal?? Rude, obxious neighbors from western Washington. Traffic jams. Chain stores selling crap.

Now instead of seeing my doctor the next day....I wait THREE months for appointment. And how did the schools improve?? Well, the western Washington migrants don't believe in supporting local schools. Entertainment?? Wow, that is important....let me get back to you on that.

Please go on and on....and explain how growth is different from CANCER.

Oh yes, my home price has tripled....so I can leave and move someplace else. Oh wait, the place I wanted to move to......their prices DOUBLED in the past year.

I bet their NEW residents are just as awful as the western Washington residents infesting my community.

Old 01-14-2021, 06:14 PM

636 posts, read 327,957 times
Quote:
The cleanup of Hanford continues on schedule, and reaches a milestone.

https://komonews.com/news/local/majo...reatment-plant
Hanford. What were they thinking when they put a Nazi in charge of the plutonium factory? I guess NASA did not want him?

Old 01-14-2021, 06:37 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,038,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairmanoftheboard View Post
Hanford. What were they thinking when they put a Nazi in charge of the plutonium factory? I guess NASA did not want him?

I don't know about the Nazi....

BUT If you think something a priority....lower taxes....Something you want to STOP......hike taxes.

According to Jay Inslee and the B&O tax schedule.....the MOST IMPORTANT PRIORITY in Washington state.....is HORSE RACING.

According to Jay Inslee.....the highest B&O tax rate and LOWEST PRIORITY......applies to the Hanford clean up. Tax rate is really high...he really wants to end the clean up.

I assume this means than Jay Inslee wants to STOP the cleanup and so he is taxing it out of existence.

Here is the link:https://dor.wa.gov/taxes-rates/busin...lassifications

Old 01-14-2021, 07:50 PM

Anti growth is counter productive to everyone involved. We will agree to disagree. And the growth will continue whether you like it or not.

Old 01-14-2021, 08:36 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,691 posts, read 58,004,579 times
Growth.... Displacing the elderly who invested their lives and families to create a desirable spot for you sounds a little callused. Been happening for centuries.

(higher valuations= higher property taxes)
I repurchase my home from the tax man every 7 yrs. But there is no value or desire to sell, since I still need a place to lay my head.

Tri-cities is benefiting from urban exodus and WFH / delivery of goods commerce.
Not always the strongest ways to build a community, but change happens.

My very desirable mountain tourist hometown has grown from 1000 to 7,000.

There are a lot of people seeking a few previously nice places to live.

Last edited by StealthRabbit; 01-14-2021 at 09:43 PM..

Old 01-14-2021, 09:00 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,121,823 times
Not related to the topic, but does anybody know what happened to this project that was supposed to build a water park in Tri-Cities? It's strange how a place with such hot summers doesn't have anything like that.

Bahama Bay Waterpark Coming Soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Tri-Cities