Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2024, 06:38 PM

30,750 posts, read 18,447,571 times

Advertisements

I'll be in Tokyo for work for a week in a half in late January through the first week of February.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaAnna View Post
We are going to Taiwan at the end of February and our usual week in Nth Queensland in June. But stumped on what else to do. Had a month in Europe and Morocco in October and probably not ready to race the flight again at this stage.
I am wasting a lot of time trying to find a solution!
We'll be in Taiwan (and Japan) for a little over a week around the Lunar New Year period. We've book a local airport hotel for Japan, as well as the Mandarin Oriental and Regent Taipei for Taiwan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2024, 07:20 PM

4,278 posts, read 8,204,057 times
We are hopefully going to the Sweet Sixteen in Detroit in march.

After that, we have a 2 week plus trip for the end of April.. Starting in Bulgaria, heading to North Macedonia, Albania, and then Kosovo. Should be a fun trip.

We are also looking at booking a trip to Cabo in December so we can swim with Whale Sharks!

Should be an action packed year!

Old 01-04-2024, 04:33 AM

4,257 posts, read 4,788,268 times
I have to go to San Diego for work soon so maybe I'll get a chance while there to see that city a bit as I've never been.

I haven't made any plans for 2024 however if I would have the good fortune to travel this year I would consider:

-Toronto
-Puerto Rico
-Houston/Dallas/Austin
-Portland
-Nashville
-Portugal

This year I'd be interested in doing a bit of 'domestic scouting' so to speak...visiting some places domestically to see if I'd ever like to move/live there.

I just returned from a very long stay in Portugal; that is the only place on the above list that I've visited previously.

Old 01-05-2024, 09:21 AM

2,126 posts, read 1,073,139 times
Fairfield Bay AK in April for the eclipse.

Lakeland FL in March for a Braves Spring Training game

Daytona Beach FL in May for a 4-day rock music festival

We were trying to plan for the Alabama vs South Carolina game in Tuscaloosa AL for October but the prices for VRBO and game tickets are exhorbitant. $3000 for 2 nights in a tiny trailer that sleeps 4? No thank you. $400pp for a ticket in the upper end zone? Nah, we'll pass.

Old 01-05-2024, 11:26 AM

395 posts, read 284,279 times
I've already been traveling this year, we spent news years eve on a Carnival cruise ship out of New Orleans (never again!).

I think next month is a trip to Las Vegas. In early April we have a cruise to Mexico to see the solar eclipse, then later in April to Kauai for a week. A quiet summer near home I think (my wife/travel planner hasn't revealed any details), then in October/November a month long tour of Japan.

Old 01-05-2024, 01:03 PM

22,449 posts, read 29,611,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb1067 View Post
I've already been traveling this year, we spent news years eve on a Carnival cruise ship out of New Orleans (never again!).

I think next month is a trip to Las Vegas. In early April we have a cruise to Mexico to see the solar eclipse, then later in April to Kauai for a week. A quiet summer near home I think (my wife/travel planner hasn't revealed any details), then in October/November a month long tour of Japan.
Where are you staying in Kauai?

Old 01-05-2024, 02:36 PM

26,138 posts, read 13,118,749 times
All these trips up there ^^^ sound great, but I don't want to fly anymore, so I'm driving to the Mountains of Western NC (Brevard near Asheville) again this Summer to stay for 2 months. I stayed 6 weeks last Summer, & liked it enough to return for 9 weeks this time.

My wife does enough traveling for both of us...she's going back to Spain (Barcelona this time), then Egypt & Jordan (she landed in Israel Dec 7th then flew right back home again so failed to get to Egypt/Jordan on that wasted trip), she recently went to Portugal/Madrid Spain, St. Croix, NJ, ATL, Asheville, NJ, ATL again, & in April a Mediterranean cruise w/ our Son & his Girlfriend.

My favorite places were Italy, the French Riviera, Hawaii, Alaska, Vancouver, & Cali's coast, North of SanFran...I've seen enough.

Old 01-05-2024, 02:53 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,398,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
Fairfield Bay AK in April for the eclipse.
The abbreviation for Arkansas is AR not AK, that's Alaska!

Old 01-05-2024, 04:06 PM

395 posts, read 284,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Where are you staying in Kauai?
Oops, I meant Lanai, not Kauai. Staying at the 4 Seasons Sensei Lanai.

Old 01-06-2024, 12:02 PM

3,094 posts, read 1,700,836 times
Either a New Mexico trip, which could include southern Utah, or an East Coast road trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel