Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2024, 01:30 PM

596 posts, read 321,821 times

Advertisements

Two trips in the plan.

One a drive down to Charleston SC ( where I lived ages 9-18 ) for a week.

And another trip to Bruges, one of my favorite places in Europe.

Already have 41 countries with boots-on-the-ground and will be hard-pressed to add any more, mainly because I rather like so many places I have already been. I can still handle the overnight business-class to Europe but not the longer flights across the Pacific. And I have probably done enough cruises for this lifetime.

Might go home one last time ( Upminster, Essex ) and/or head up to Sheffield to watch Wednesday play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2024, 02:45 PM
JRR

8,245 posts, read 5,760,578 times
Our plans are being in Alaska in early September for the gathering of the humpbacks in Frederick Sound for feeding before they migrate to Hawaii for the winter months.

Old 01-01-2024, 02:56 PM

2,398 posts, read 1,605,400 times
We are going to Taiwan at the end of February and our usual week in Nth Queensland in June. But stumped on what else to do. Had a month in Europe and Morocco in October and probably not ready to race the flight again at this stage.
I am wasting a lot of time trying to find a solution!

Old 01-02-2024, 09:46 AM

18,531 posts, read 15,362,274 times
Just got back from a week in Deer Valley, Utah, with my wife and 3 kids.

Going to a place called Punta Mita next month. I don't know anything about it. My in-laws are taking the whole family so they made all the plans. There are 17 of us. I am assuming it is nice, as we are staying in a Four Seasons.

Going to Montreal in June to see the Formula 1 race. This is a guy trip.

South of France in July with my wife and another couple.

The second half of July and all of August in the Hamptons.

Haven't planned anything in the fall yet, but I think I will be going to Cuba with the guys, and then another ski trip with the family over Christmas, either out west or maybe Zermatt.

Old 01-02-2024, 09:57 AM

578 posts, read 297,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Another busy year!

I'd love to know where you're planning to go in the Cotswolds.
We used Macs for our West Highlands Way walk in May 2022. An amazing trip but 96 miles in 8 days with a couple of 20 mile days and the Devil’s Staircase in driving rain was just on the edge of our comfort zone. Hoping that this “slower adventure” with 6 to 12 miles per day will allow us to stop and smell the roses while getting in our daily exercise and exploring the Cotswolds for the first time. Flying into Birmingham for 3 days before our walk and will make our way from Moreton-in-Marsh to LHR via public transport on the last day. Suggestions?

https://www.macsadventure.com/holida...ds-in-comfort/

Last edited by Gator Fan 79; 01-02-2024 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 01-02-2024, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs54321 View Post
Malaysia, driving-exploring the Cotswolds of England and Aruba are upcoming.
Malaysia is definitely on our list. Mom was born on Aruba and she and dad both lived at the Lago Colony until they left for college in the late 50’s. Finally visited in 2020 and found mom’s house on First avenue in San Nicolas. Their view of Baby Beach was incredible and it’s hard to believe that developers haven’t gobbled it up. Most visitors stay in the Eagle Beach area which is gorgeous but if you happen to make it out to San Nicolas, Kamini’s Kitchen is excellent. I had the goat curry and it didn’t disappoint.

Old 01-02-2024, 10:24 AM

344 posts, read 168,100 times
Nothing serious yet. The wife and I are thinking of spending a few days in Vegas, but that's about it.

Old 01-02-2024, 11:46 AM

16,759 posts, read 17,529,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Fan 79 View Post
We used Macs for our West Highlands Way walk in May 2022. An amazing trip but 96 miles in 8 days with a couple of 20 mile days and the Devil’s Staircase in driving rain was just on the edge of our comfort zone. Hoping that this “slower adventure” with 6 to 12 miles per day will allow us to stop and smell the roses while getting in our daily exercise and exploring the Cotswolds for the first time. Flying into Birmingham for 3 days before our walk and will make our way from Moreton-in-Marsh to LHR via public transport on the last day. Suggestions?

https://www.macsadventure.com/holida...ds-in-comfort/
It looks like a lovely itinary Gator Fan. I don't think that I can add anything useful, and I guess you will get advice from tour guides.

Try the local bitter beers, must be from the barrel. Maybe you already have.

When crossing a road look right first!!!!

Old 01-02-2024, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
It looks like a lovely itinary Gator Fan. I don't think that I can add anything useful, and I guess you will get advice from tour guides.

Try the local bitter beers, must be from the barrel. Maybe you already have.

When crossing a road look right first!!!!
No tour guides with Macs. They book our accommodations and transport our large bags. We’re on our own to explore.

Thanks for the bitter beers advice.

I remember in the touristy areas of London they have “look right” stenciled on the ground at crosswalks. Very helpful actually. We have a rental car here in Auckland and I’m doing OK but I can’t even count the number of times I’ve turned on the wipers instead of the turn signal!

Old 01-02-2024, 01:45 PM

22,467 posts, read 29,661,839 times
I'm so jealous of some of these planned trips!! UGH I wish he could get the time off of work to do them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel