Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2024, 03:15 PM

27,182 posts, read 43,867,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Looks like VCU is NIT bound. Maybe. They just lost two in a row in conference play. Losing to Richmond wasn't bad but losing to Duquesne was another bad loss. They play Dayton to end their season on Friday in Atlantic 10 play. Only way they can dance is winning the conference tournament. As I said above, they've beaten all the leaders above them in the standings so it isn't far fetched.
The A-10 looks to have a minimum of three teams chosen for the tournament with the automatic bid and probably two At-Large bids going to a combination of either Dayton, Duquesne, Loyola Chicago and Richmond (all have RPIs in the mid-50s or above) or a bracketbuster like VCU, St Bonaventure or UMass winning the tournament maybe making it a four team pool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2024, 06:57 PM

1,979 posts, read 968,632 times
VCU/Dayton playing an intense game tonight! VCU was up over double-digits and Dayton has come all the way back in the second half...

Old 03-11-2024, 11:14 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,341,086 times
Dayton dashed VCU's dreams right there. Dayton is ranked #25 so they are the favorites to go dancing. VCU dropped to 5th in the Atlantic 10. Only way they get to dance is win the tournament.

Old 03-13-2024, 08:44 PM

93,223 posts, read 123,819,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I'll add Cornell 17-3
Ivy League
Got votes for the Top 25 recently
Only losses to George Mason, Syracuse and Baylor all on the road.

Colgate 15-8
Patriot League
Has played a tough schedule and leads conference. A tough out that has made the Tournament 4 out of the last 5 years. Beat UVM
Related to the bolded team...

Colgate wins its fourth straight Patriot League Tournament title with 74-55 win over Lehigh: https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/ce...in-over-lehigh

So, make that 5 out of the last 6 years in terms of the NCAA Tournament for the guys out of Hamilton NY.

Old 03-19-2024, 05:35 PM

77 posts, read 24,183 times
I like Mississippi St to advance to the Final 4 out of the west. The potential is there with the players they possess. They are one of those “teams with potential” like it seems Kentucky most years now, who can go deep, or easily flame out in the first round. I’ll take that chance because the first thing I look for is not the sleeper team, but the region and the matchups. That west region 1-4 is the worst I’ve perhaps ever seen. UNC, Arizona, Baylor, and Alabama? Wow, just awful. The committee decided instead decided it wanted to give UCOnn a sweat once it reaches Boston next week.

Old 03-21-2024, 01:16 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,081,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible_Sun View Post
I like Mississippi St to advance to the Final 4 out of the west. The potential is there with the players they possess. They are one of those “teams with potential” like it seems Kentucky most years now, who can go deep, or easily flame out in the first round. I’ll take that chance because the first thing I look for is not the sleeper team, but the region and the matchups. That west region 1-4 is the worst I’ve perhaps ever seen. UNC, Arizona, Baylor, and Alabama? Wow, just awful. The committee decided instead decided it wanted to give UCOnn a sweat once it reaches Boston next week.
I watched some of the SEC tourney while I was in Vegas, Baby, and I saw nothing impressive. Mississippi state was on my bracket to lose game one and they did.

I predict that by the end of the 3rd round, the SEC will not have a representative school left in the tourney.

Now if they would just fail at football, but since I do not watch or acknowledge or even pay any attention to SEC football, it does not matter I guess

Old 03-21-2024, 04:28 PM

Yeah, Miss St was a risky pick I acknowledge. They could have come with an A game or an F game, no in-between. And we know which it ultimates was. Well at least Oregon showed today. I have them in the Elite 8- albeit they were a very small underdog to S Carolina. Ugly start for the SEC.

Old 03-21-2024, 06:04 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,081,340 times
I predict no ELite 8 teams for the SEC
Tenneysee is overrated, so is KainTuck

WOuld love to see Dookie lose in an opening round upset

AND I predict that U-CONN will not repeat as champions.

Big question...how long will Perdue last this time?

Old 03-21-2024, 09:24 PM

Kentucky ouch. SEC ouch. Calipari has a lifetime contract at nine mil a year and UK fans aren’t too happy about it at this point. Zero trips to the sweet 16 since 2019. Losses in two of the last three tournaments to a 15 and a 14 seed.

Old 03-22-2024, 12:04 AM

11 seeds also went 3-0 on the first day and I think there’s a high probability New Mexico upends Clemson on day 2. The 12 seed was once considered the seed that busted brackets most frequently, but it’s been taken over by 11 seeds, including many Final 4 appearances since 2006- George Mason, VCU, Syracuse, Loyola just off the top of my head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports