Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM

19,768 posts, read 20,334,973 times

Advertisements

I can't believe we fixed the hole in the ozone layer for these ingrates and they don't even care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:39 PM

6,614 posts, read 5,018,533 times
Today I went to Trader Joe’s to return cans I’d bought there. Guess what? There are a few brands their machine doesn’t like and mine was one of them. Worse is I sorted them all out over the weekend and drove by the store I normally go to (which has rejected that brand in the past anyway)

Charge me more to buy something and then make it hard to get my money back. Sounds about right.

Old Today, 09:45 AM

6,614 posts, read 5,018,533 times
I'm going to chronicle my experiences. CT went up to .10 on bottle on Jan 1 and because there was no way of knowing what anyone had, if you bought stuff with a .05 deposit prior to that, you could return it for .10 after Jan 1

We don't have a lot of returnables, but I saved what we had over the winter, seemed silly not to.

Today I brought a small bag to the local grocery store chain. There were 27 cans in it (I made sure it was all cans). We rinse the cans as soon as we use them, so these were clean and dry. Sticky returnables are gross!

I went up to the return area and there was a line. I guess only one person goes in at a time even though there's a lot of machines in there. I needed stuff in the store, so I figured I'd do it on the way out, but then I decided to check with the service desk.

Apparently they were having a bad day. They could have just said no, but instead they said they'd do it and proceeded to complain about the whole process. One of the cans had a small dent and that created a problem. "They can't be dented!!!" They had to check them to make sure they sold them, one got returned to me. "We'll do it this ONE time!!!" Lady 1 dumped them in a shopping cart to count them, Lady 2 yelled at her for contaminating the cart. In the end I got my $2.70, and she made sure she gave it to me so the change went all over. I apologized to the people piled up behind me for creating a line.

In the end I'm glad I did it inside because when I left, the line was even longer in the return room.

Maybe I'll try a different store tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology