Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2020, 07:18 AM

8,029 posts, read 4,720,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
He wants you to explain to him that Prospect Heights is a low income housing project in order that he may subsequently berate you for your lack of "wokeness" in suggesting such a thing.
So, they're calling that lack of "woke" these days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2020, 07:31 AM

4,231 posts, read 1,687,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by independent man View Post
So, they're calling that lack of "woke" these days?
If I'm wrong, please accept my humble apologies.

Old 03-07-2020, 07:52 AM

23,710 posts, read 18,816,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBoston View Post
He wants you to explain to him that Prospect Heights is a low income housing project in order that he may subsequently berate you for your lack of "wokeness" in suggesting such a thing.
I wouldn't expect anything less, but I'm trying to not take the bait.

Old 03-07-2020, 08:31 AM

17,842 posts, read 9,277,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
I think we should give I-MAN the benefit of the doubt. I don't think many folks in Jamestown are familiar with Prospect Heights.

Old 03-07-2020, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Try hard to resist. It can't be easy. But, as long as they let me stay here, I'll point it out - in the gentlest, kindest way such obvious stuff can be responded to, without giving it a pass.

Old 03-07-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Try hard to resist. It can't be easy. But, as long as they let me stay here, I'll point it out - in the gentlest, kindest way such obvious stuff can be responded to, without giving it a pass.
When you answer this question on the other thread, I will answer yours about Prospect Heights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I'm glad to hear that you've attended the PPS Annual Winter Bash. Speaking of eloquence and intellect, I was hoping you could tell us more about this event besides "always fun".

Old 03-07-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
When you answer this question on the other thread, I will answer yours about Prospect Heights.
That’s an easy one. I bought a ticket (as usual), but was not in the state and unable to attend this year. It happens sometimes in the winter. I’ve been a member for decades. Is that supposed to be some kind of gotcha?

Old 03-07-2020, 09:36 AM

Quote:
That’s an easy one. I bought a ticket (as usual), but was not in the state and unable to attend this year. It happens sometimes in the winter. I’ve been a member for decades. Is that supposed to be some kind of gotcha?
You said you attended in the past, and were asked to fill us in on what to expect.

Old 03-07-2020, 09:52 AM

Quote:
You said you attended in the past, and were asked to fill us in on what to expect.
Sorry. Since each "Bash" has a different theme, predicting the event is difficult. The bottom line is there's live music, dancing & finger food. Most importantly the proceeds goes to PPS, minus what's cost to put on the party. I've volunteered to varying degrees. But, almost always (I may have been traveling a year or 2) at least buying a ticket.

I joined PPS around 1990 when living in Elmwood & supported them to one degree or another ever since. Their position against the Hope Tower really disappointed me, but you can't agree with everybody all the time. And, regardless, they don't seem to have carried the day on that issue.

Answering this question sincerely, assuming it was a sincere inquiry. Not always the case here.

Old 03-07-2020, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Sorry. Since each "Bash" has a different theme, predicting the event is difficult. The bottom line is there's live music, dancing & finger food. Most importantly the proceeds goes to PPS, minus what's cost to put on the party. I've volunteered to varying degrees. But, almost always (I may have been traveling a year or 2) at least buying a ticket.

I joined PPS around 1990 when living in Elmwood & supported them to one degree or another ever since. Their position against the Hope Tower really disappointed me, but you can't agree with everybody all the time. And, regardless, they don't seem to have carried the day on that issue.

Answering this question sincerely, assuming it was a sincere inquiry. Not always the case here.
Thank you for the belated response. It might be more helpful to post in the respective thread so future inquirers can make use of it, but that is of course on you:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/rhod...nter-bash.html

Quote:
My mistake. Prospect Heights. What did you mean he had Prospect Heights written all over him?
Now as for this question, Prospect Heights is a notorious public housing project located in Pawtucket just up the street from where the packages were stolen. Like most projects, it is known to contain a rather unsavory element. Many gang bangers and other criminals call the place home. Going by the victim's account and footage captured; the thief's actions, demeanor/presentation and garb were not that of an upstanding citizen. Those of us at least somewhat familiar with the Prospect Heights area and the kind of people living there, would attribute these characteristics to Prospect Heights as opposed to the street the victim resided on. While Brewster St. is mostly "OK", its proximity to Prospect Heights make it more vulnerable to these kinds of things that it otherwise would be. This even came up on a previous thread I think. So no I Man, I would not consider this neighborhood for your next flip.

Note: In case you missed it, the video in post #6 will give you a little insight to the place.

Last edited by massnative71; 03-07-2020 at 10:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Rhode Island