Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2023, 05:25 PM

13,060 posts, read 7,493,946 times

Advertisements

My wife [spouse], will pay you, to take me.
YSMV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2023, 11:46 AM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
A Florida senior citizen drove his brand new Corvette convertible out of the dealership. Taking off down the road, he pushed it to 80 mph, enjoying the wind blowing through what little hair he had left. "Amazing," he thought as he flew down I-95, pushing the pedal even more.

Looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a State Trooper, blue lights flashing and siren blaring. He floored it to 100 mph, then 110, then 120. Suddenly he thought, "What am I doing? I'm too old for this!" and pulled over to await the trooper's arrival.

Pulling in behind him, the trooper got out of his vehicle and walked up to the Corvette. He looked at his watch, then said, "Sir, my shift ends in 30 minutes. Today is Friday. If you can give me a new reason for speeding--a reason I've never before heard-- I'll let you go."

The old gentleman paused then said: "Three years ago, my wife ran off with a Florida State Trooper. I thought you were bringing her back."

"Have a good day, sir," replied the trooper.

Old 05-03-2023, 06:21 PM

24,479 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
A Florida senior citizen drove his brand new Corvette convertible out of the dealership. Taking off down the road, he pushed it to 80 mph, enjoying the wind blowing through what little hair he had left. "Amazing," he thought as he flew down I-95, pushing the pedal even more.

Looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a State Trooper, blue lights flashing and siren blaring. He floored it to 100 mph, then 110, then 120. Suddenly he thought, "What am I doing? I'm too old for this!" and pulled over to await the trooper's arrival.

Pulling in behind him, the trooper got out of his vehicle and walked up to the Corvette. He looked at his watch, then said, "Sir, my shift ends in 30 minutes. Today is Friday. If you can give me a new reason for speeding--a reason I've never before heard-- I'll let you go."

The old gentleman paused then said: "Three years ago, my wife ran off with a Florida State Trooper. I thought you were bringing her back."

"Have a good day, sir," replied the trooper.
Thank you!!!

Old 05-03-2023, 07:43 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,056,040 times
The only thing that seems to get stronger as I age is the power of my reading glasses....

I've slowed down a bit, don't do things as fast as I used to, but I'm not exactly slow either. I seem to do a half-fast job of everything....

Old 05-03-2023, 08:00 PM

11,411 posts, read 5,960,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moguldreamer View Post
Hope this is allowed.

One day God was looking down at
earth and saw all of the rascally
retirees' behavior that was going on.

So He called His angels and
sent one to earth for a time.

When the angel returned, he told God,
"Yes, it is bad on Earth; 95% of retirees
are misbehaving and only 5% are not."

God thought for a moment and said,
"Maybe I had better send down a second
angel to get another opinion."

So God called another angel
and sent her to earth for a time.

When the angel returned,
she went to God and said,
'Yes, it's true. The Earth is in decline;
95% of retirees are misbehaving,
but 5% are being good..."

God was not pleased!

So He decided to e-mail the 5% of retirees
who were good, because he wanted
to encourage them, and give them
a little something to help them keep going.

Do you know what the e-mail said?

Yeah, me neither.
Good luck with Santa this year...

Old 05-05-2023, 07:16 AM

7,746 posts, read 3,778,838 times
Inflation has gotten completely out of hand.

I remember being in elementary school and mom would send me to walk down to the corner grocery store with $1 and I'd come back with 5 potatoes, a loaf of bread, a gallon of milk, a hunk of cheese, and a dozen eggs.

You can't do that today.

Too many security cameras.

Old 05-05-2023, 04:45 PM

6,340 posts, read 4,892,353 times
Kids today don't realize how good they have it.

When I was a kid I had to walk 5 miles to school, barefoot, in the snow, up hill each way.

Old 05-05-2023, 08:16 PM

7,746 posts, read 3,778,838 times
You know you're getting old when your bank sends you their free calendar...

... a month at a time.

Old 05-05-2023, 11:48 PM

13,060 posts, read 7,493,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moguldreamer View Post
Hope this is allowed.

One day God was looking down at
earth and saw all of the rascally
retirees' behavior that was going on.

[
...snip]
Do you know what the e-mail said?

Yeah, me neither.
I periodically check the Spam bin.

Old 05-08-2023, 04:19 PM

487 posts, read 323,089 times
A blind old man wandered into a bar and asked if anyone wanted to hear a blonde joke. The female bartender told him it was a lesbian bar and she was a blonde ex-roller derby star. She said the woman to his left was a MMA fighter who was blonde and the woman to his right was a self defense instructor and blonde. She then told the man that the two women at the table behind him were blonde and ex-cops.

Then she asked the old man, "Did you still want to tell your blonde joke?"

The old man said, "Well, not if I'm going to have to repeat it 5 times."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement