Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2023, 04:06 PM

21,881 posts, read 12,936,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Are you guys all getting too old to remember any jokes???
I think it's more a case of some being too YOUNG to remember jokes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2023, 04:44 PM

23,587 posts, read 70,358,767 times
Hmmm... Any email I get that claims to be from a divine being gets automatically sent to my spam folder. Thats my story and I'm stickin to it!

If the big one resorts to sending emails, I can just imagine some of the classic stories as updated and retold to future generations:

"NOAH! Its raining already. Check your email!!!"

"Job! Your wait time for technical support is now 472349 hours. You call is very important to US, please continue to hold for the next available angel."

Unread email: "Goliath, please update your shield to version 5.0 for protection against stoners."

"Moses! Whadda ya mean you broke my tablet?!? I lend you my Kindle to make it easier for you and you break it? Here, take these two 3-D printed rocks with the user manual on them and try not to trip."

Old 01-18-2023, 03:11 PM

1,100 posts, read 1,248,713 times
Recent true story.. (while I can still remember)...

I had hip replacement surgery recently and a fairly common problem (I understand) after surgery is constipation and I cant speak for everyone.. but this was an important "thing" for me.

About 2 months after the surgery, I was at a party where everyone was retired seniors. I was in a conversation with a lady at the party. She knew I had had surgery and asked me:

"how are you pooping?"

Odd question to ask at a party but I figured because of her (and my) age, she understands the importance of this issue after surgery. So.. I didnt get real detailed but got into a little bit of that subject and how I had dealt with it. Pretty quick she looked a little confused about what I was discussing.

Turns out she had actually asked:

"how are you doing?"

Just a little bit embarrassing LOL..

Old 01-18-2023, 03:57 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,110,417 times
When I delivered my son he had bright red hair. Neither his father nor I had red hair tho I suspect it was in both families. I was talking to one of the nurses who jokingly said "how often do you and your husband have sex?" Obviously the answer was supposed to be not very often. She said oh, that's it then. The red hair was from rust.

Not very funny here, but it was back then 59 years ago.

Old 01-18-2023, 08:01 PM

8,326 posts, read 6,419,063 times
Oatmeal is 14% fiber.

Old 01-18-2023, 09:30 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,779,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
When I delivered my son he had bright red hair. Neither his father nor I had red hair tho I suspect it was in both families. I was talking to one of the nurses who jokingly said "how often do you and your husband have sex?" Obviously the answer was supposed to be not very often. She said oh, that's it then. The red hair was from rust.

Not very funny here, but it was back then 59 years ago.
I was called "The Throwback" my parents were brunettes.deep dark cherry wood red. The girls kind of liked it....some did.

Old 01-19-2023, 12:29 AM

1,204 posts, read 933,989 times
Ok, I laughed at all of them!

Old 01-19-2023, 09:44 AM

482 posts, read 901,468 times
"An elderly gentleman on a train was mumbling to himself, smiling, and then raising his hand. After a moment of silence, he would go through the same process: mumble, smile, raise hand, silence.

Another passenger observed this, and after about an hour, he said "Pardon me, sir. Is there anything wrong?"

"Oh, no" he replied. "It's just that long trips get boring so I tell myself jokes. "

"But why, sir, do you keep raising your hand?" asked the passenger.

"Well," said the oldster, "that's to interrupt myself because I've heard that one before."

Old 01-21-2023, 03:04 PM

6,340 posts, read 4,892,353 times
A guy goes into confession and says to the priest, “Father, I’m 80 years old, widower, with 11 grandchildren. Last night I met two beautiful flight attendants. They took me home and I made love to both of them. Twice.”
The priest says, “Well, my son, when was the last time you were in confession?”
“Never Father, I’m Jewish.”
“So then, why are you telling me?”
“I’m telling everybody!”

Old 01-22-2023, 10:23 AM

899 posts, read 669,785 times
When your dog sees a police dog, does he think, 'Oh no! It's a cop!' ~from Facebook
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement