Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2024, 05:40 PM

588 posts, read 321,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemoon56 View Post
To be honest, she began insinuating that she knew something I didn't. She would say things like, "if only you knew" or make comments about Ben (my boyfriend) as if she knew him inside out. It felt like she was playing mind games with me.
She was just introduced and suddenly she intimately knows more than you? Mental ? It’s like out of a movie. She’s trying to undermine.

That you might fall for it as in doubting yourself means she’s been probably doing this all your life? I’d cut contact and understand she’s out to get you and keep you in your place unless she can gain from you, it seems.

Try to stay calm, don’t let her wind you up. That’s what she wants and she does not warrant the energy or stress, she’s pathetic and will drag you down to her level, which is actually one of the worst parts, to be changed for the negative by someone, ugh.

I don’t understand sibling rivalry but I’ve been exposed to it and it’s ugly. Ime, the older one tries to keep the younger a rung or two below- any better house / you name it …is suddenly against the laws of nature.

Normal people aren’t like this but around dysfunctional people, this behavior can feel uncomfortably familiar. I’m guessing she’s exhibited unhealthy signs before?

Do not fall for her “ authority”. Its a load of garbage. Why isn’t your relationship going smoothly? It’s only between you and him and should only fail or succeed based on you both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2024, 02:28 PM

23 posts, read 8,721 times
Yeah, it's crazy! Every relationship has its ups and downs, but when someone starts poking their nose in, it really messes with your head. I keep wondering what she tells him. And she's so clueless about boundaries – calling him all the time (he has stopped answering her calls) and inviting him over when I'm not around – it's too much. He saw how upset I got, and now I'm worried he's holding back to avoid more drama. It's just a total mess, you know?

Old 04-22-2024, 04:04 PM

1,904 posts, read 897,492 times
Why hasn't your boyfriend blocked her? I would have left him already.

Old 04-23-2024, 02:15 AM

588 posts, read 321,995 times
Quote:
Yeah, it's crazy! Every relationship has its ups and downs, but when someone starts poking their nose in, it really messes with your head.

I keep wondering what she tells him. And she's so clueless about boundaries – calling him all the time (he has stopped answering her calls) and inviting him over when I'm not around – it's too much.

He saw how upset I got, and now I'm worried he's holding back to avoid more drama. It's just a total mess, you know?
This is full on craziness. Sis is nuts.Bf ? Is he suspect too?

Old 04-23-2024, 05:48 PM

23 posts, read 8,721 times
Honestly, I'm not bothered by my boyfriend, but what's got me worried is if she's always going to be like this. Spreading rumors, trying to turn people against me, and poking her nose into my life – it's just too possessive for my liking.

Old 04-23-2024, 08:11 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
During a two-week work trip to a different state, my boyfriend called and told me that my sister had contacted him and asked him not to mention it to me. When I confronted her, she claimed it was related to a job, but he insisted she was prying into our relationship. She deflected the conversation, leaving me unsure and conflicted about what to believe
OP, that's just creepy. The good news is the bf is wise to her, and is upfront with you about her. But both of you (separately) should tell her to back off.

Old 04-23-2024, 08:13 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Honestly, I'm not bothered by my boyfriend, but what's got me worried is if she's always going to be like this. Spreading rumors, trying to turn people against me, and poking her nose into my life – it's just too possessive for my liking.
"Possessive" isn't the half of it! This sounds like some kind of mental illness or personality disorder. She sounds unstable.

Old Yesterday, 08:28 AM

1,904 posts, read 897,492 times
Quote:
Honestly, I'm not bothered by my boyfriend, but what's got me worried is if she's always going to be like this.

You are extremely naive. If your boyfriend has not blocked her on his own, he is enjoying the attention. Your sister is enjoying making you uncomfortable. You should cut both of them out of your life and move on with people you can actually trust.

Old Yesterday, 08:48 AM

2,975 posts, read 1,645,736 times
I suspect he's enjoying more than the attention.

And I'd bet dollars to donuts there's more to the bf/sister interactions than meets the eye.

OP and bf are going through a "rough patch"? Mm hmm.

Now why could that be?

Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM

2,100 posts, read 1,046,225 times
Quote:
Yeah, it's crazy! Every relationship has its ups and downs, but when someone starts poking their nose in, it really messes with your head. I keep wondering what she tells him. And she's so clueless about boundaries – calling him all the time (he has stopped answering her calls) and inviting him over when I'm not around – it's too much. He saw how upset I got, and now I'm worried he's holding back to avoid more drama. It's just a total mess, you know?
So this sister actually is still calling him all the time? She's asking him NOT to tell you? Wow. I would think that your boyfriend can stop this at any time. He doesn't just need to ignore her, he needs to tell her that he is with you and this is not OK and to leave him alone. I can't imagine a sister that would do stuff so devious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships