Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2024, 06:52 PM

20 posts, read 8,231 times

Advertisements

Here's the kicker! When I confronted her about it, she claimed she didn't tell him her name and only mentioned she was friend of mine. However, my boyfriend informed me she introduced herself as Rachel my sister (her name) and said we met at the store. What baffles me are the lies. I understand we all have moments of insecurity, but I'm deeply hurt at this point. I confided in my mum about the situation, and she told my sister off for interfering in my affairs. Shockingly, my sister then accused me of the exact same thing - What the heck! It seems like she’ll do anything save face at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2024, 09:57 AM

7,342 posts, read 4,131,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemoon56 View Post
It seems like she’ll do anything save face at this point.
No, she'll do anything to destroy your relationship with his guy.

My question is does she just want to destroy your relationship with his guy or destroy your entire life?

Old 01-31-2024, 10:00 AM

37,465 posts, read 61,388,499 times
I think that you have somehow been able to avoid sibling rivalry up until now. Now it has hit you and you are stunned by it.

I suggest that you arrange to have a long sit down discussion with your BF.

You are both adults. You can not 'tell' him to do anything.

But you can tell him how you feel. How you are mad at your sister for making moves on him, and that you want him.

He must make his decision for himself. Drop you, hold onto you, or snag your sister. You can not make that decision for him. [you may be able to sway his thinking though if you sweeten the pot].

He has the option to 'Play the field' and you can not stop him from doing that.

But, I think for your own sanity, you owe it to him, to have an open conversation about this.

Be nice. Do not say anything mean or cruel to your sister. Remember 10 years from now this BF will likely be gone, but she will always be your sister. Do not make this into a big family feud.

Old 01-31-2024, 10:16 AM

2,100 posts, read 1,043,966 times
Quote:
I've recently entered a relationship and shared details with a few people, possibly painting a positive picture because he checks all the boxes for me. Lately, my older sister, who's two years older has expressed interest in meeting him. Although I planned to introduce them, conflicting schedules got in the way. While out shopping with my sister, we ran into him, and she mentioned he smiled at her when I wasn't around. I dismissed it, thinking she might be reading too much into it.

The following day, while out with my boyfriend, he remarked that my sister seemed to be staring at him at the shops and asked if I had shown her a picture of him. I confirmed that I had, and we left it at that. During a two-week work trip to a different state, my boyfriend called and told me that my sister had contacted him and asked him not to mention it to me. When I confronted her, she claimed it was related to a job, but he insisted she was prying into our relationship. She deflected the conversation, leaving me unsure and conflicted about what to believe
First of all, a person smiling at another person means nothing other than the person smiling may make the other person's day a little better. Wow. As for Sis, she had NO reason to contact your boyfriend. She is a troublemaker, a backstabber, and sports some really serious issues within herself.

Boyfriend seems perfectly normal, did nothing wrong and he did tell you about the "discreet" call she made. He did the right thing. You sister is WEIRD and for her to reach out to him via phone without your knowledge and ask him not to mention it is CRAZY STRANGE. I would nip that in the bud real quick. While doing so, she would leave with her head hanging. Wow.

Old 01-31-2024, 11:14 AM

1,894 posts, read 892,017 times
Quote:
she claimed I didn't mention my name and just said I was a friend of yours. But my boyfriend told me she introduced me as Rachel (her name) and said we met at the store. What confuses me are the lies...Then my sister turned around and accused me of the exact same thing

Your sister is gaslighting you. She's proven she's not trustworthy. I'd stop speaking to her.

Old 01-31-2024, 11:16 AM

1,894 posts, read 892,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Be nice. Do not say anything mean or cruel to your sister. Remember 10 years from now this BF will likely be gone, but she will always be your sister. Do not make this into a big family feud.

Horsehockey. OP needs to make sure her sister knows she will not put up with this behavior, period, or the sister will continue.

Old 01-31-2024, 12:19 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
I do not understand how you and your sister where getting along until now. I am sure she did not turn overnight into a conniving backstabber.

Old 01-31-2024, 01:20 PM

20 posts, read 8,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I do not understand how you and your sister where getting along until now. I am sure she did not turn overnight into a conniving backstabber.
——————————

Youre right! While we weren't super tight, we got along well and had each other's backs. Usually, she's alright, but for some reason, my new relationship seems to have gotten under her skin, or maybe she's dealing with stuff she hasn't told me about. Anyway, I don't think the way she's handling things is cool. Not great for my mental health

Old 01-31-2024, 02:08 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Your sister sounds sketchy
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-31-2024, 02:40 PM

2,100 posts, read 1,043,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon56 View Post
i forgot to mention that when i confronted her about it, she brushed it off and called my boyfriend. She told him i'm upset and questioned why he told me, also asking if he was okay with her having his number. I'm not trying to be possessive; i just don't understand why she wants to be on good terms with him without considering my feelings.
woman pay attention !!!
Your sister is all up in your boyfriend. Your relationship. She's trying to have private talks with him. She is trying to cause strife and you have to handle this. Wow, i wish i was there i would love to have a talk with her. Omg she is hitting on your man !!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships