Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2024, 09:37 AM

1,847 posts, read 867,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloPicachu View Post
My wife and I are separating and she is moving to her parents house
I’m stupid?

If you're stupid, it's only because you are here asking if she cheated when she is already moving out. Lawyer up and move on with your life. Your marriage is over, as it should be if everything you said is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2024, 09:49 AM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times
Still having sex and not having to live with her has its benefits.

Old 01-16-2024, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Still having sex and not having to live with her has its benefits.

That only works if you don't still care about her. OP still wants his marriage to work but his wife does not, so he is being used for sex.

Old 01-16-2024, 11:20 AM

22,561 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
That only works if you don't still care about her. OP still wants his marriage to work but his wife does not, so he is being used for sex.
I don't see that he wants the marriage to work.
He just wants proof she was cheating. He also wants people to agree with him that she was cheating.

The trust is gone; the wife has left; the marriage is over.

Old 01-16-2024, 11:52 AM

I was going on this, but I agree this marriage is long over:

Quote:
My wife and I are separating and she is moving to her parents house, despite me begging her not to...I’m crying and begging her to stay...For me, it’s a solemn event. I’m sad.

Old 01-16-2024, 12:47 PM

314 posts, read 222,285 times
She drinks too much, gets defensive before you question her about anything, seems happy to be moving out...has she changed her appearance? Is she working out more? Dressing differently or buying new clothes? Has she changed her hair? These are also things to be looking out for. There is always a change somewhere when a person is having an affair.

No amount of begging will make someone stay who wants to leave. Did she take the kids or leave them with you? Like someone else said, time to lawyer-up. Even if its to get one on retainer in the event she files or you need to take custody in an emergency situation. Divorce is ugly. Be prepared.

Old 01-16-2024, 03:31 PM

979 posts, read 538,618 times
Nothing in your post bodes well for your marriage. If she's acting happy and excited to get away from you instead of compassionate and remorseful then I'd say you should go ahead file anyway, even if she doesn't. It sucks but at least you got a couple kids out of it so just make sure moving forward that you are the best father you can be!!

Quote:
She’s pretty much like, “if you don’t trust me there’s no reason to be together.” So I can’t even ask her if she’s been unfaithful. When I alluded to it, she was mortified, angry and argumentative.
It depends on how often you're asking. Asking turns into accusing real quick if it happens often. If this is the first time in your relationship that you've asked then I see no need for her being defensive.

Last edited by CCS414; 01-16-2024 at 03:59 PM..

Old 01-16-2024, 03:53 PM

979 posts, read 538,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
Affairs don't cause sand in your pockets. You sound like a big child She already has children, she doesn't need you acting like one, too.
He didnt accuse her of cheating, all he did was ask her where the sand came from.

Old 01-16-2024, 10:12 PM

627 posts, read 295,641 times
Does it really matter if she's cheating or not? She's unhappy with you and that is enough to end it. Regardless of how many guys she bangs or doesn't bang.

Old 01-17-2024, 05:53 AM

9,381 posts, read 8,345,252 times
Yeah, I don't think it matters if she's cheated/cheating. She willingly moved out with you, the best revenge is to live your life and ignore her as much as you can at this point and try and find someone else.

You may be in a "no fault" state as well so hiring a PI would only serve to satisfy your curiosity and not necessarily benefit you in divorce proceedings, need to look into that first before spending that kind of money.

I can guarantee one thing - if she is, in fact, cheating......her phone is all the evidence you'll need. Get your hands on that somehow and that will have all the clues you need. Good luck and sorry for all the angry/bitter responses here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships