Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2023, 10:59 AM

28 posts, read 13,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
How do high school kids know about your sex life??
What country are you in?

Also, why are you sleeping around when you are still married?? (You say you are "separated".)
The kids have seen us together at school and they are just bullies to just bully younger kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2023, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
If high school boys knew about it, then you weren’t discrete. Sometimes it’s best to keep your sexual activities to yourself. People are going to talk.
The high school bullies just asked if the guy who comes along with me to drop my son off is his dad , and when my son said no , they just started bullying him.

Old 12-17-2023, 11:07 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargamnagda View Post
So I am 37 years old woman and been separated from my husband since 7 years.

I dated my ex husband and then married him when I was 24 and he was 37 and people we OK with the age difference.

However, now I am 37 and dating a 26 year old guy since past 8 months, people judge me and think i am a cougar.

I feel bad for the double standards in the society.

The other day some High school bullies from my son's school bullied my son by **** shaming me. My 12 year old son was scarred and I was shocked when he told me what all he had heard from the High school kids.

I feel no one has the right to point out whom I date or am sexually active with as long as I am not breaking the law.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with one person, whether it be the man or the woman being 10 or 15 or 20 years or more older than the other person. And you are right that it is no one's business but yours and your boyfriend/possible future husband.

I'm sorry your son was bullied at school.

Old 12-17-2023, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
There is absolutely nothing wrong with one person, whether it be the man or the woman being 10 or 15 or 20 years or more older than the other person. And you are right that it is no one's business but yours and your boyfriend/possible future husband.

I'm sorry your son was bullied at school.
Thanks for understanding

Old 12-17-2023, 11:36 AM

728 posts, read 463,804 times
Quote:
You are absolutely right.

I have been separated and practically divorced.

And my current boyfriend has come to drop off / pick up my kid to school many times and people know about us.
Thanks for coming back and answering these two questions. Even though to me, the answers seemed pretty obvious. Not sure why the other posters didn’t pick up on it.

Old 12-17-2023, 12:03 PM

2,955 posts, read 1,637,449 times
Quote:

I dated my ex husband and then married him when I was 24 and he was 37 and people we OK with the age difference.

However, now I am 37 and dating a 26 year old guy since past 8 months, people judge me and think i am a cougar.

The other day some High school bullies from my son's school bullied my son by **** shaming me. My 12 year old son was scarred and I was shocked when he told me what all he had heard from the High school kids.

I feel no one has the right to point out whom I date or am sexually active with as long as I am not breaking the law.
You might "feel" that way but that doesn't mean people won't talk in spite of your feelings.

And the most notorious talkers when it comes to sex are high school boys, still half children themselves in the grip of hormones. Of course they're going to make lewd comments.

Doesn't make it right, I'm sorry your son had to endure their vulgar abuse, but as they say, that's life.

And in this life discretion is the better part of valor.

Is the double standard fair? No. Is it there? Yes.

As a 37 yo adult you should be aware of this. I can completely understand your dislike of anything but full disclosure of your relationship out in the open but I'm sure you went to middle school (the worst time in life for giggling about sex) and high school. I remember how I felt, I was absolutely sure my parents knew nothing about it.

Never mind I knew how babies were made, etc, young teenage is an irrational time of life, the most volatile time emotionally of our whole lives. And your son is living through it.

Do him a favor, use a little discretion when picking him up and dropping him off at school.

Old 12-17-2023, 12:04 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
I feel so bad for this kid..

Old 12-17-2023, 04:40 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
Quote:

High school kids are going to the same school as your son? Did they flunk several times or is your son really smart? How are they in the same school? Did any of this get reported to the school? Also, shouldn't you wait until you're divorced to date? That doesn't seem healthy.

Old 12-17-2023, 05:06 PM

728 posts, read 463,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
High school kids are going to the same school as your son? Did they flunk several times or is your son really smart? How are they in the same school? Did any of this get reported to the school? Also, shouldn't you wait until you're divorced to date? That doesn't seem healthy.
What are you talking about? She could have had her first kid at the age of 16 (for example), and he would be 21 years old today. She is 37 years old now. Do the math.

Old 12-17-2023, 05:13 PM

314 posts, read 222,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post

Do him a favor, use a little discretion when picking him up and dropping him off at school.
That right there.

Is your boyfriend seen at the school alot? Why is your dating life being talked about at school and who's doing the talking? I'm less concerned about who you sleep with and more concerned about the bullying towards your son. How does your son feel about your boyfriend?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships