Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2024, 07:30 AM

220 posts, read 114,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessimprov View Post
If you're in the US and if your boy is in a state that does cyber school, also if your boy is not involved in any sports currently, if he is also self-disciplined to do his work, maybe have him transfer over to a cyber school.
Right. So let's isolate the 12-year-old in response to difficulties caused by the mother and her boyfriends.

Quote:
Who you're separated from, maybe that person indirectly passed information on to the community. People notice things.
So it's not the mothers fault. Probably the fault of a former husband boyfriend. Got it.

Quote:
No one is fault except for the people who make fun of you, make fun of your son, and make fun of the person whom you are dating.
More enabling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2024, 12:13 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
High school boys will pick on someone just because of their shoes , and all depending on how well they can deflect it. You obviously let him to deal with it.

Cougars and 20 something is not really atypical, but its an unstable equilibrium. The status is equal because yours is on the decline and his is on the incline starting from about zero . All depends on his slope. HVAC guy and balds in his 30s might keep it stable. Who knows?

The reason why its less common is what could pass it on? Its not like children watch their 25 year old father with their 37 year old mother because there are few too none. So there is little cultural and biological support.

Old 03-14-2024, 08:54 PM

9,399 posts, read 11,147,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargamnagda View Post
So I am 37 years old woman and been separated from my husband since 7 years.

I dated my ex husband and then married him when I was 24 and he was 37 and people we OK with the age difference.

However, now I am 37 and dating a 26 year old guy since past 8 months, people judge me and think i am a cougar.

I feel bad for the double standards in the society.

The other day some High school bullies from my son's school bullied my son by **** shaming me. My 12 year old son was scarred and I was shocked when he told me what all he had heard from the High school kids.

I feel no one has the right to point out whom I date or am sexually active with as long as I am not breaking the law.
None of their business. That's not a great age difference. How do people know?

Long ago I was seeing a woman 14 years older. I didn't know or care, in that age range it's not easy to tell age. She was 53, I was 39. Her age came up in casual conversation, started by her. No biggie. Finding someone who's compatible, that is the main point.

Arbitrary markers--age of the players--are meaningless except to meaningless people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships