Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2024, 10:49 AM

11,242 posts, read 8,345,653 times

Advertisements

First of all, I hope I'm allowed to ask that question on this site, if not (Mods) please delete and I'll look elsewhere.

Assuming it is OK, I am curious to know people's experience with them. I understand them to be a fairly premium solution for 'normal size' sunroom or 3-season room additions. I know that independent guys can charge less, but will have less ability to stand behind their work and less leverage over the manufacturer, and I'm sure that I could pay a GC a gazillion dollars and have a turn-key project too.

Anyone have any particularly good or bad experience with them? Yeah, I'll look online too, but I know a lot of the posters here through my participation on this site, so a comment from someone I've interacted with before would mean a lot more to me than a random star-rating on a google search.

(FWIW, the price they quoted was a lot more than I expected, but also seemed justified given several explanations.) Hoping to make a decision with as much information as I can have available to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2024, 11:06 AM

4,617 posts, read 3,812,077 times
I would also call Window Depot for their sunroom quote - it might be slightly better than Patio Enclosures and their work is good also, quality windows and great installers. Check Google Map reviews.

Old 05-10-2024, 11:17 AM

4,187 posts, read 4,907,291 times
The first step is to design your patio enclosure space laying out every detail of the specific features you want it to have based on your intended use. Once you've done that then you can shop around to get quotes based on the exact same design and then decide what parts if any you are willing to modify to reduce costs.

Then you'll want to find a company or contractor that has prior experience building these types of enclosures and not a friend of your second cousin's brother in law's third ex-wife. I had a really bad experience building an enclosure in Florida that took me three years and a contract attorney to get resolved, so you want to hire a reputable financially stable company with a proven track record even if it might cost a bit more.

I will add that aluminum roofs can speed up construction time and reduce costs, but they are very noisy when it rains compared to a traditional shingle roof. The room will also get hot in direct sunlight so those are some other considerations to keep in mind.

Old 05-11-2024, 11:41 AM

22,723 posts, read 36,933,257 times
I just found the paperwork from my parents house that they are selling - we collected all these documents for the buyer....

They used patio enclosures...I don't think they any issues with the process or final product. I don't have the dimensions but I"m gonna say maybe 7x18-ish?

I don't remember when they had this done and I forgot to check the date but they moved into the house in 2009 and were there a few years before they added this. They already had a patio and this was built over it.

Final cost $8200.

Old 05-12-2024, 08:25 AM

6,411 posts, read 5,538,214 times
I now have the end jingle of their old school commercial from the 90s/early 2000s stuck in my head just from reading the title of this thread...

So at least we know their marketing is effective!

Old 05-13-2024, 07:21 AM

3,322 posts, read 8,580,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
I just found the paperwork from my parents house that they are selling - we collected all these documents for the buyer....

They used patio enclosures...I don't think they any issues with the process or final product. I don't have the dimensions but I"m gonna say maybe 7x18-ish?

I don't remember when they had this done and I forgot to check the date but they moved into the house in 2009 and were there a few years before they added this. They already had a patio and this was built over it.

Final cost $8200.
I'd imagine that $8,200 figure would be at least double now, compared to some quotes I got just for enclosing my screened-in deck with eze-breeze windows last year. I received 3 quotes ranging from $7,900 to over $12,000 just for the vinyl windows on an already roofed and screened-in 12'x17' deck.

Old 05-13-2024, 07:34 AM

43,440 posts, read 77,401,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
I now have the end jingle of their old school commercial from the 90s/early 2000s stuck in my head just from reading the title of this thread...

So at least we know their marketing is effective!
Like This?
1991:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evyTk8BzOWE

Old 05-13-2024, 08:15 AM

6,411 posts, read 5,538,214 times
1991 is a little before my time (in the cognitive memory sense) but yes that end line in particular...

These ones strike the nostalgia of core memory commercials a little more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REMfGV0VGvw

Old 05-13-2024, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
And now I have a taste for Rax Roast beef sandwich (Boone, NC, circa 1986). Darn-you.

Old 05-13-2024, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post

Final cost $8200.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
I'd imagine that $8,200 figure would be at least double now, compared to some quotes I got just for enclosing my screened-in deck with eze-breeze windows last year. I received 3 quotes ranging from $7,900 to over $12,000 just for the vinyl windows on an already roofed and screened-in 12'x17' deck.
A lot more than double. I'm not going to put too much information on the web (not cool to the bidder),but what I'm seeing is not adding up. Almost as if they made a mistake in quoting us. Having done a lot of research, it just does not add up.

Ours will require a new roof, foundations, and is not currently even screened, so some (a lot) of it is expected. Still seems way out of line at well over $400/sf for a non-hvac space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary