Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2024, 10:19 AM

1,601 posts, read 1,139,958 times

Advertisements

I had them come and talk to me one evening. Quote was $13000 for a 12x20 and did not include a new deck. After talking with him for a couple of hours, ...and pulled all the info I needed... I went ahead and built it myself for $8k including a new deck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2024, 10:20 AM

7,287 posts, read 4,664,298 times
I paid 7k last year to enclose a 55
sq ft balcony. Basically I just needed one wall. I used a local contractor who ordered the window system from a company in Michigan. The quality is excellent.

Old 05-13-2024, 11:44 AM

22,723 posts, read 36,933,257 times
The back of my parents house is L-shaped, so two walls already existed. Obviously needed a roof. The windows are sliders.

These were all new houses when they and their neighbors had them done. It's possible that Patio Enclosures was low balling the bids since they were already over in the neighborhood doing a ton of work but more than double now....wow.....I actually thought they paid over $10K especially given the way my father carried on about being departed from his money.

Old 05-13-2024, 01:25 PM

284 posts, read 189,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
1991 is a little before my time (in the cognitive memory sense) but yes that end line in particular...

These ones strike the nostalgia of core memory commercials a little more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REMfGV0VGvw
For those who want their house to look like an old school Wendy's

Old 05-15-2024, 03:59 PM

22,723 posts, read 36,933,257 times
I was at my parents' today - I'm gonna say their enclosed patio is more like 6x12.

Old 05-18-2024, 11:08 AM

6,299 posts, read 16,121,864 times
2Loud -- How long ago did you get that quote?

Old Yesterday, 09:05 AM

1,601 posts, read 1,139,958 times
I received that quote last September 2023. I was quite surprised at the price. I knew I needed to replace the deck first (They were not going to do that part) so that was going to add even more to the cost.

However, they would have done it in a single day which was appealing of course. There is a cost to convenience and understand that. It took me about two months to do it myself between evenings and weekends. Finished it just a few weekends ago and love it. So it did feel like it dragged on a bit.

After he told me the price, I basically made up my mind right there I was not going to use them. But I instead used him as a resource while he was there and peppered him with tons of questions (He did not know this). I learned a lot from that interaction that was quite helpful. Add in lots of YouTube videos later, and finally pulled it off. Was a little surprised at how easy it actually is if not time-consuming to do it yourself.

Oh one advantage of their install it is 100% aluminum. Mine is about 50% PT wood and 50% aluminum. So that is an advantage to theirs as far as potential for rot in the next decade or two.

Old Today, 01:05 PM

3 posts, read 3,407 times
In early 2022 we had 5 companies quote turning our SIP into a full four season room. Patio Enclosures came in around $60k+, which was 40-50% higher than all of the other four. They did have a leg up on lead time because they manufacture their own windows here in the US which was significant in '22 with all the supply chain issues. We ended up going with a local company that was more competitive about a year later and couldn't be happier.

Old Today, 01:08 PM

4,617 posts, read 3,812,077 times
^
Window Depot also uses Provia and their windows are made in USA - in Ohio specially. Family's screened porch looks good and the slider windows look like great quality. I don't have the numbers but Window Depot was several thousand less than Patio Enclosures. I can try to get the numbers tho
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary