Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 02:37 PM

4,586 posts, read 6,414,204 times

Advertisements

▪ A 20-story tower will now be allowed near the Wegmans in Midtown. About 35 acres between Interstate 440 and Atlantic Avenue was rezoned to allow up to 2,000 residential units, 1.5 million square feet of office space and 75,000 square feet of retail space. Charlotte-based The Spectrum Companies purchased the office and industrial park for $59 million in 2020, The News & Observer previously reported.

RESIDENTIAL

▪ Nearly 50 acres near the intersection of Leland Drive and Hartham Park Avenue was rezoned to allow up to 179 single-family homes. Apartments and townhomes were specifically banned from being built as part of the
rezoning conditions.

Read more here: https://www.newsobserver.com/news/lo...#storylink=cpy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2021, 07:31 AM

Quote:
The Raleigh skyline could be changing. A developer has expressed interest in building multiple skyscrapers as high as 40 stories. If built, they would become the tallest buildings in the city.

This project is called The Nexus, and it originally included several buildings that would be 20 stories high.

Now, the Acquisition Group wants to build even higher, but they will need the City Council’s approval before moving forward.

Construction on the 3-acre property downtown has been put on hold. But there are still plans to build multiple towers, with offices, retail shops and condos. The development would transform an entire city block between McDowell and Salisbury streets.
https://www.wral.com/developers-hopi...eigh/19717095/

Old 06-09-2021, 09:11 AM

3,644 posts, read 4,494,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
From that article

“I have no objection at all to development," said Barnhardt. "I have objections to a 40-story wall being on my view.”

Bruh. You live downtown in one of the fastest growing cities in the United States. Tall buildings happen. If you don't want another high rise as your view, living in cities is probably not for you.

Old 06-09-2021, 09:33 AM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,721,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
From that article

“I have no objection at all to development," said Barnhardt. "I have objections to a 40-story wall being on my view.”

Bruh. You live downtown in one of the fastest growing cities in the United States. Tall buildings happen. If you don't want another high rise as your view, living in cities is probably not for you.
Yeah that article comment made me audibly laugh when reading it. Like... dude welcome to living in an urban area/zone. Your views aren't perpetually guaranteed and you knew the risks buying there.

How do you think people in other buildings felt when PNC went up and did the same thing to them?

Much facepalm.

Old 06-09-2021, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpk View Post
yeah that article comment made me audibly laugh when reading it. Like... Dude welcome to living in an urban area/zone. Your views aren't perpetually guaranteed and you knew the risks buying there.

How do you think people in other buildings felt when pnc went up and did the same thing to them?

Much facepalm.
amen

Old 06-09-2021, 11:13 AM

4,159 posts, read 2,841,729 times
I assumed the guy lived in some townhome or something. He lives in the PNC building for crying out loud. SMH

Old 06-09-2021, 12:10 PM

1,204 posts, read 776,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
From that article

Yeah, wait until housing affordability gets terrible and you have homeless people. When you live in an urban area you have to be ready for that kinda stuff. Last place I lived had so many homeless and drug addicted people, I considered learning how to administer Narcan after seeing a dude passing out next to my garage. I thought he was OD-ing. You either embrace the good with the bad, or you just move to the suburbs. At least one thing here, it's mostly suburban. You can be a city snob, still live within city limits but in your suburban like neighborhood.

Old 06-09-2021, 06:44 PM

171 posts, read 142,816 times
My favorite was “At a certain point, it’s going to look like every other city," said Esa Punch.

So people are afraid that Raleigh might grow into a real city?

Old 06-09-2021, 08:41 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,162,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel82 View Post
I assumed the guy lived in some townhome or something. He lives in the PNC building for crying out loud. SMH
No, he came from a small rural town in eastern NC.

Old 06-12-2021, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OberlinSouth View Post
My favorite was “At a certain point, it’s going to look like every other city," said Esa Punch.

So people are afraid that Raleigh might grow into a real city?
Precisely
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary