Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2020, 02:52 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,556,199 times

Advertisements

Do you think Tom Brady will stay with the pats after this year?

I’ve heard a lot of speculation that he’ll go to the chargers but this seems crazy. It would be great for them in that they’re one of the most unpopular teams in the nfl but what would this do for Brady??

The thought of it actually irritates me. I’m not from San Diego but I can’t stand dean spanos and his sons. Brady is too good for them in so many ways
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2020, 07:46 PM

815 posts, read 738,832 times
I think he stays in New England or retires, probably plays. Supposedly the Patriots scouts have not been doing tons of work on QBs in the draft.

I can't imagine he wants to acclimate to a new team, new receivers, etc at age 43. If McDaniels gets a head coaching job, it could be possible, but even then I doubt it. I think he wants Kraft and Belichick to think he would consider walking, can only help his next contract.

Old 01-02-2020, 07:50 PM

50,479 posts, read 47,238,069 times
Brady and Rivers are both pocket passers that cannot run. If they switched teams the teams would have the same record. Give either a decent O line and they do great.

Old 01-02-2020, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Brady and Rivers are both pocket passers that cannot run. If they switched teams the teams would have the same record. Give either a decent O line and they do great.
I don't think Rivers would do too well in New England. He has too many gunslinger tendencies that would drive Belichick nuts.

Plus both guys are at an age where arm strength is declining. Brady still throws with good velocity due to his very precise mechanics. Most of his throwing power is generated by his lower body. Rivers would struggle in New England conditions with his awkward side armed delivery.

Old 01-02-2020, 09:18 PM

Well I don’t think the patriots would want rivers anyways

Why is there so much speculation that Brady is going to the chargers? The chargers are a joke of a franchise. There no football market in LA, the rams are in better shape than they are. Tom Brady is the GOAT. How could people even think hed go to the chargers? Why did this rumor even start ?

Old 01-02-2020, 09:23 PM

Because he is originally from California, albeit the completely opposite end of the state. As far as I can tell, that's the main reasoning.

Of course he and his wife lived there part time a few years ago and she supposedly did not like living there at all. But nobody talks about that lol.

Old 01-02-2020, 09:48 PM

4,675 posts, read 3,876,878 times
He'll stay, but for entertainment sake I'd speculate he'd play for the Jets or possibly the Giants.

Brady would follow his buddy LeBron's lead. They both have nothing left to accomplish, so Brady would make a family move to NYC (like how LeBron moved to LA for family reasons.)

Gisele is often going to NYC for business reasons. Tom is often spending time in NYC too in the off season. They have a condo in NYC, & a house in upstate NY. Tom's son's mother lives in NY. Brady playing for the division rival Jets would allow him to get revenge against the Pats for letting him go like how Favre went to the Vikings to get revenge against GB after they moved on from him. Or maybe he'll go to the Bills. I forgot that Buffalo is in NY too.

Old 01-03-2020, 05:13 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,029,986 times
Brady to the Chargers...what a great topic to get us through the off season, though the off season hasn’t even started yet. That has the makings of a Johnny Unitas to the Chargers feel to it: that weird final chapter of an all time great’s career we’d just like to forget even happened. Sort of like Jordan and the Wizzards.

Old 01-03-2020, 07:59 AM

The difference with Favre going to the Vikings is that the Vikings actually had a good team. The Jets are a train wreck, and I can't imagine Brady at 43 wanting to try to be the savior.

Now the Giants on the other hand, are an interesting prospect. He and his wife do both love NYC and have a home there. He has to look at that division and think there are 6 relatively easy wins. McDaniels is supposedly interviewing for their Head Coach position. Overall the NFC looks a little weaker than the AFC at the moment, though that shifts a lot. That may be a legitimate possibility, depending on what happens with McDaniels. I don't see him leaving New England to work for an unfamiliar coach.

Old 01-03-2020, 08:12 AM

I just don’t know why he’d want to go to another team at his age. He’s had a great career, he has more money than God. It probably will be difficult to him for transition into a role that isn’t football.

If I were him I’d be a stay at home dad at this point!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football