Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2024, 03:42 PM

22,019 posts, read 9,596,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Didn’t we already answer this question for you? Did you not like the answers we gave last time?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...-district.html
Interesting. You went back through my posts to come up with this. And more interesting, only the lefties are defending it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2024, 04:58 PM

38,159 posts, read 22,262,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Our district has a PR dept. They have some actor/announcer guy who does the voiceovers and they regularly run polished videos of all their programs which are often feel good videos about the low income areas of our district.

Meanwhile, they are cutting our fantastic fine arts dept back significantly in a district that has some of the highest tax base in the country. So my question is, does your PUBLIC school district have a PR dept?
Because they need feedback otherwise their virtue signaling is all for naught

Old 05-13-2024, 06:14 AM

24,764 posts, read 9,559,912 times
In America, people use schools to be gainfully employed.

Ta-da! PR department! Just as useful as clay sculpting class.

Old 05-13-2024, 09:43 AM

4,441 posts, read 1,730,031 times
Quote:
Interesting. You went back through my posts to come up with this. And more interesting, only the lefties are defending it.
I didn’t go back through your posts, I remembered the post, and even commented on it since I work in a school district. And you’re basically getting the same answers you got the first time.

Old 05-13-2024, 12:59 PM

19,290 posts, read 17,174,435 times
Quote:
Our district has a PR dept. They have some actor/announcer guy who does the voiceovers and they regularly run polished videos of all their programs which are often feel good videos about the low income areas of our district.

Meanwhile, they are cutting our fantastic fine arts dept back significantly in a district that has some of the highest tax base in the country. So my question is, does your PUBLIC school district have a PR dept?
We do have a Community Relations person/team who provides the districts comments to the media and handles all requests for comments, FOIA Requests, and represents the district at the state/legislative level.
But our districts are county wide not just one city/town .

Old 05-13-2024, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
We do have a Community Relations person/team who provides the districts comments to the media and handles all requests for comments, FOIA Requests, and represents the district at the state/legislative level.
But our districts are county wide not just one city/town .
OUr district is large. I don't begrudge them the spokesperson for the district. I am more bothered by the slick propaganda videos with the virtue signaling. I would prefer the resources for that be directed to our fantastic fine arts program or to academics.

Old 05-13-2024, 01:07 PM

19,290 posts, read 17,174,435 times
Quote:
OUr district is large. I don't begrudge them the spokesperson for the district. I am more bothered by the slick propaganda videos with the virtue signaling. I would prefer the resources for that be directed to our fantastic fine arts program or to academics.
I don't know where you are but it seems that courses which do not have some type of measurable testing standard to rate their performance are often on the chopping block.

But not sports! Heaven forbid the mediocre boys football team that rarely wins should be cut.....

Old 05-13-2024, 09:26 PM

42,003 posts, read 75,373,190 times
Questions like this generally are asked without investigating or knowledge of where the funding is coming from to make positions and programs possible.

No school, public or private, has one source of funding. The public information officer could very well be paid through a grant secured just for that purpose.

Regardless, it's not out of line for a school district to have a PIO, especially someone savvy in social media and video. It's what parents, kids, and the public want to see. The PIO 's output gives recognition to the students, teachers, and staff, and builds support for the entire district. A PIO is the spokesperson for the district, giving one voice to the public. Always wise.

Old Yesterday, 03:20 AM

569 posts, read 346,182 times
Quote:
Dual post asking the same question even though you got plenty of valid responses, they just don't validate what you want to Believe. Won't post a link to the district or video. Talk down on those actually answering your question with valid and legit responses instead of just spewing social war nonsense. Why post of you already have the only answer you are willing to believe?

Old Yesterday, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoski View Post
Dual post asking the same question even though you got plenty of valid responses, they just don't validate what you want to Believe. Won't post a link to the district or video. Talk down on those actually answering your question with valid and legit responses instead of just spewing social war nonsense. Why post of you already have the only answer you are willing to believe?
It's interesting because it's the far left people who are defending the cutting of the fine arts program on social media OR they are blaming it on the 2 out of 5 conservative board members, which is ludicrous since...there are only two of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies