Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 11:19 AM

15 posts, read 38,677 times

Advertisements

Thanks for those amazing numbers so I guess the question is.... Why is the town such a dump with all that money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 11:42 AM

472 posts, read 627,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearwater View Post
Really?? I proved what point? That you lie about where you live because YOU think that EVERYONE else thinks that FC is the balls. They don't. I simply pointed out that it's not and never will be again.

1. haha wait, what?

And irishvan- I'm a chick - Hence the newcomers remark. Men can't be in that club.
2. Calling something "the balls" is awesome, female version of calling things "the ****" I approve.

it blocked what I wanted to say... female version of calling things "the T^I^T^S"

Old 08-16-2011, 11:45 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,170,925 times
Please remember that this thread is about the Kenneth Yaw child abuse story.

I'd like it to remain open. Someone with knowledge might stumble upon it via a google search someday.

Don't get my thread locked with your off topic crap, curtis!

Old 08-16-2011, 11:47 AM

4,599 posts, read 6,727,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Don't get MY thread locked with off topic crap!
Oh you Fox Chapelians.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua teen carl View Post
oh you fox chapelians.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:44 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,027,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Please remember that this thread is about the Kenneth Yaw child abuse story.

I'd like it to remain open. Someone with knowledge might stumble upon it via a google search someday.

Don't get my thread locked with your off topic crap, curtis!
Why do you give a crap where Yaw is or what is going on with him? He is a loser and shouldn't be living to be honest. Not enough room for such a person on the earth.

Just looked him up. He is still in NM and a practicing doctor. Life goes on. He tried to get his kids back with no luck.

Last edited by gg; 08-16-2011 at 02:33 PM..

Old 08-16-2011, 02:25 PM

Thank you for getting back on topic, curtis!

Old 08-17-2011, 02:36 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,738,827 times
Back on topic folks, please.
Yac.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:58 AM

510 posts, read 907,195 times
I had never heard of this case, and my secret love of true crime made me look it up. It is a truly bizarre one. It is incredibly sad that those children lost their mother so young, and then had to deal with such a negative change in their lives. It seems like he didn't want the kids anymore, but knew that turning them over to soemone would not be socially acceptable. Did he really just lose it when his wife died? Or did he enter into some strange folie a deux with his new wife? Everyone said they were previously such a a nice family, but you have to wonder--how much can an adult change? Of course the older children never came forward and said anything like this had happened in their youth.
I really hope the kids are doing well now. Even the children who were grown and out of the house must feel terrible and guilty about what happened to the younger ones (not that they have any responsibility for it).

Old 08-17-2011, 09:33 AM

raffy, I have wondered the same things. I suspect his first wife kept him in check to an extent. I recall reading that he was very strict prior to her death.

Older siblings stated they are remaining silent because they want privacy. And there was a news story (or someone who knew the family posted on [domain blocked due to spam]) that explained what happened to the older siblings----that they were pushed out prior to the family moving out of state. I recall reading that at least one of them was sort of homeless and one or the same joined the military to support himself.

My guess is that he was always strict. I'll bet the older children did not take well to his new marriage during their grief. We all know how difficult teens can be in a healthy family. So maybe he didn't change, maybe his personality simply escalated when the children started to rebel, and his wife was no longer there to provide balance.

I found it interesting that newaver said he moved often in Fox Chapel prior to his wife's death. That means this sudden moving the children around after his wife's death isn't something new, except he moved them out of Fox Chapel. My guess is she insisted they remain in the same school district. One of his older daughter was recently quoted in a newspaper article earlier this year saying that his trying to change guardians and move them out of New York was just perpetuating the abuse of uprooting them from a distance.

There is a lot of additional details in the [domain blocked due to spam] comments for the newspaper articles. People who knew the family well in Fox Chapel prior to the mother's death were posting details that weren't reported in the articles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh