Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 04:45 PM

5,894 posts, read 6,886,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
FC is never talked about in such ways until I changed my location and all of a sudden it changed to, "lets go after FC". Come on, it was obvious. I put Pittsburgh on there for that reason. The prejudice is so heavy against people who live in FC. I usually tell people I am from Aspinwall. I just don't need that hassle from 90% of people I meet. Not worth it.
So do you type these posts yourself or are they dictated to your butler to post (just kidding)

Last edited by UKyank; 08-03-2011 at 05:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 05:15 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
Quote:
Fox Chapel isn't O'Hara.
I'm quite aware of that since I grew up in Fox Chapel Borough and raised my children there half their lives.

I'm interested in hearing from people who are familiar with the family and the story regardless of where they live within the greater school district.

Quote:
FC is never talked about in such ways until I changed my location and all of a sudden it changed to, "lets go after FC". Come on, it was obvious. I put Pittsburgh on there for that reason. The prejudice is so heavy against people who live in FC. I usually tell people I am from Aspinwall. I just don't need that hassle from 90% of people I meet. Not worth it.
You're out of control. This thread is NOT about you. You didn't inspire it.

I never saw your location change but that's irrelevant since I've always know you live in Fox Chapel. It has not been a secret.

Paranoid much? I'm seriously worried about you. The world and CD doesn't revolve around you. Sorry, it doesn't.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:18 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,669,143 times
Wah, poor h_curtis. Seriously I don't think most of the folks here care if you live in the borough. We already know. I didn't even notice you ever changing your location setting.

Of course, we might needle you about it if something appropriate comes up.

The whole "Is Fox Chapel safe?" thread was just funny because of the area, not because of any person. Just as funny if it were Sewickley Heights, Bradford Woods, whatever. And funny because we're constantly having to tell people areas are safe and yes even though that house only costs xyz it is safe and so on. I thought it was all in great fun and had nothing to do with the location of anyone's home.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:38 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,556,285 times
Quote:
Fox Chapel isn't O'Hara.

Wow, what drugs are you on? I didn't even notice your location change, nor would I care. I know plenty of people that live in FC, fairly regular folk IMHO. Maybe it's you.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:23 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,873,372 times
h_curtis is pretty much the exact person most people think of when they think Fox Chapel.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:22 AM

2,458 posts, read 4,205,923 times
Now, learning the h is from Fox Chapel, I'm really confused by the Roll Royce dealership thread. Who needs a dealer? If you really want one, you can probably cruise the neighborhood on garbage collection day and find one that somebody is throwing away...

Old 08-04-2011, 09:17 PM

1,758 posts, read 4,233,296 times
I do not know what has become of the family. I do know that Kenneth Yaw liked to move around Fox Chapel Borough a lot. I personally know of four different houses he lived in within a six year period. He had a couple teenage daughters who were gorgeous. They are probably in their mid to late 20s now. He seemed a little flaky to me in the little dealngs that I had with him, but he he was successful. That is about all I know.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:56 PM

1,164 posts, read 2,060,214 times
Quote:
Fox Chapel isn't O'Hara.

I think someone was called on the elitist thing (or at least the pretentious thing) before anyone knew they were from Fox Chapel. I think it had something to do with complaining about how expensive school taxes were, being shown that you could live in a community with low property taxes like Sharpsburg and still be in a good school district, but then being told that Sharpsburg isn't good enough to live in. That's pretty much the definition of pretentious. Or elitist.

And don't take it personally. I like reading what you write; rep you sometimes and I even agree with you a lot. Just not on everything.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:09 PM

1,758 posts, read 4,233,296 times
Well, when I tell people I am from O'Hara Twp., many do not know where it is. When I say Fox Chapel, they tend to know "Oh yes, The Waterworks!" which is actually City Of Pittsburgh. No O'Hara is not Fox Chapel, but having lived here all of my life, the two are often used interchangeably. O"Hara borders Fox Chapel on it's east, west, and south sides, and driving through the municipalities, it is common to go through O'Hara, then Fox Chapel, then O'Hara, then Fox Chapel. Fox Chapel has hire taxes and is more exclusive, of course, but there are plenty of expensive homes in O'Hara too. O'Hara also has subdivisions that resemble much of Penn Hills, which is obviosly something not found it Fox Chapel. Fox Chapel subdivisons seem to have more natural wooded areas around them, whereas much of the wooded areas were cleared in many parts of O'Hara. So, generically, O'Hara is Fox Chapel, but not realistically. Comprende?

I do not want any Fox Chapel residents to have a nervous breakdown over my post. I remember Saturday Night Live spoofing Beverly Hills 90210. The characters of 90210 were all having a meltdown over the plan to change the zip code to 90215 or something like that, which would have put them in with some residents of West Hollywood and other areas. Even the mere thought of being looped in with the less priveledged had them all going ballistic. "I CAN'T TAKE THIS! WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO! lol

Last edited by nuwaver88; 08-05-2011 at 08:23 PM..

Old 08-05-2011, 09:16 PM

1,437 posts, read 2,873,372 times
Except that's pretty much how Fox Chapel people really are, it's not parody in that case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh