Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2023, 01:00 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am the woman who was TroutDude's life partner for the past few years. I want to let the people here who knew him know that TroutDude died last month at home after a long illness. His sons and I were at home with him, and he drew his last breath quietly and peacefully in his sleep.

He spoke of once having had a very vivid dream of fishing in the most beautiful place along a clear stream, and ever after, he believed that he would see that place again in the next life. He loved nature and all of its features and creatures and felt a kinship with all creation, and so we like to think that his spirit made its way to the place alongside that stream where he'd found such peace and beauty in his dream.

TroutDude thought of the Great Blue Heron as his totem or spirit animal because one always seemed to appear at significant times throughout his life. Should the heron cross your path, give it a wave. It might be an old friend saying hello.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2023, 02:26 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,056,504 times
I'm so sorry to hear the news, I suspected something may be wrong when he suddenly stopped posting. I very much enjoyed his threads, posts and conversations here on C-D, and the photo's he uploaded of his property and the magnificent setting it was located were so inspiring.

I will remember him fondly, and please accept my deepest condolences.

Old 04-13-2023, 04:07 PM

10,525 posts, read 6,158,785 times
He has, is, and will be, sorely missed. I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing this with us. I immensely enjoyed TroutDude's humour, kindness and love of nature. He will truly be welcomed by the Universe he already had such a strong connection with.

I will keep a look out for the Blue Heron and will be pleased to say hello.

See you down life's highway TroutDude.

Old 04-16-2023, 10:18 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Hello, I am the woman who was TroutDude's life partner for the past few years. I want to let the people here who knew him know that TroutDude died last month at home after a long illness. His sons and I were at home with him, and he drew his last breath quietly and peacefully in his sleep.

He spoke of once having had a very vivid dream of fishing in the most beautiful place along a clear stream, and ever after, he believed that he would see that place again in the next life. He loved nature and all of its features and creatures and felt a kinship with all creation, and so we like to think that his spirit made its way to the place alongside that stream where he'd found such peace and beauty in his dream.

TroutDude thought of the Great Blue Heron as his totem or spirit animal because one always seemed to appear at significant times throughout his life. Should the heron cross your path, give it a wave. It might be an old friend saying hello.

I'm a better person having known him. I wasn't expecting this. I don't know what to say. I'll be back with a more fitting eulogy but I can;t right now. I just found out and I felt I needed to come and say something, but I can't really find the words.

Old 04-17-2023, 12:57 PM

3,824 posts, read 1,377,312 times
I'm sorry for your loss (and ours!).
I personally have (and will) miss TroutDude's wit and humor. No doubt I'll see him again.

In re:Great Blue Heron:

Every year, we have a large heron (or two) that visits our little property in North Texas, and stays at our front pond a few days, a couple times a year.
When he comes in the fall, the little pond is near drying up, making the little perch easy for the heron to catch, nourishing itself on the way wherever his journey leads.
By late fall the pond is all dried up, and any remaining fish would have died, wasted.
The pond usually remains dry, and empty, till spring rains fill it again.
Yet it remains empty of perch.\

Till the Heron stops by again, in Spring, maybe to get a sip of water or two.
Yet he comes not empty handed - no doubt some perch eggs clinging to his feet or feathers.
His visit in the Spring is no doubt the reason there are even ever any perch in this pond.
And my children and grandchildren scream with joy and delight as they get their turn in summer playing with the little perch.
It took years to learn this, watching it unfold slowly over the years.

Yet I never took the time to learn more about this Heron, till now.

Thanks OP for sharing with us - I'll be keeping a better eye out, and remembering our old friend always.

-CCCyou

Old 04-17-2023, 01:04 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,081,340 times
SO sorry to hear that. I always enjoyed out conversations. My deepest condolences
I too will watch for the Great Blue Heron that migrates to warmer weather and know that he is watching over us.

Old 04-18-2023, 10:22 AM

16,762 posts, read 4,968,659 times
My condolences, I will miss his sense of humor, and on the unlikely chance that I see a Great Blue Heron here, I will raise a glass of beer.

Old 04-19-2023, 05:20 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,940,008 times
Hello, TroutDude's partner. I almost missed this thread because it was on the Paganism forum. I really, really thought the world of TD and will miss him here on the forum. Even though we were both on different paths, I am looking forward to the day when our paths merge and I meet him in person at our destination. Till then, just know that my thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

Old 04-21-2023, 10:42 AM

15,945 posts, read 7,012,752 times
Sorry for your loss and my condolence. I am glad many here remember him with fondness. Unfortunately that was not the experience of my interaction with him. I too love the herons, all of the species, for their stillness and grace. I hope he finds his Great Blue Heron on the other side of the stream, and i wish you peace and health.

Old 04-22-2023, 05:32 AM

551 posts, read 190,091 times
My condolences. I didn't know TroutDude except seeing some of his posts, however I was an avid fisherman and I felt a connection because of that. When my time is up and I leave this body behind perhaps I'll find that stream and wet my line alongside him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism