Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 08:10 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2021, 01:57 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,056,040 times
Default Happy Solstice!

Well it would be remiss of me to let the Winter Solstice pass without a well wish on the Pagan Forum...

So Happy Solstice to all and to all a shorter night... (at least going forward)....

Don't forget to check out some of the music here, I especially like Jethro Tull's "Solstice Bells" posted by Cat...

Old 12-21-2021, 03:44 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,541,756 times
I love the long nights but thankfully, the change is gradual to give us pooh bears time to adjust to the light. I thought this was nice.

Attached Thumbnails
Winter Solstice Is Here!-solstice-2021.jpg  

Old 12-21-2021, 09:07 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
I love the long nights but thankfully, the change is gradual to give us pooh bears time to adjust to the light. I thought this was nice.
Beautiful, Hannah! Happy Solstice to everyone. The light returns...but gradually, for you.

Old 12-21-2021, 09:23 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,541,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Beautiful, Hannah! Happy Solstice to everyone. The light returns...but gradually, for you.
And you. Blessed be

Old 12-24-2021, 12:38 AM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
I attended a Solstice service at a local Unitarian Universalist Church. It was very well presented. The music was lovely. Here is something similar to what a few of the songs sounded like. It was deeply moving. I am reclaiming the pagan part of Christianity and of my heritage. Christmas would be less meaningful without it's pagan element.

Happy Yule!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0o3...cSiHO8&index=1

Old 12-24-2021, 06:23 AM

4,934 posts, read 3,309,602 times
A belated Merry Yule and Happy Winter Solstice everyone.

This year was just indoors with candles, soft pagan music, diy herb biscuits and a diy wax melt with spices cloves, cinnamon. dried lemon peel and star anise from my kitchen on top of oil burner au bain marie Yule mix added from garden pine and fir needles and a few drops orange essential oil.

Some years is fire outside in my garden on patio area in my firebasket with 7 dried woods from my garden trees. And my two outdoors standing incense burners next to it , burn old faded potpourri and herbs in one and a dried mugwort from my garden in other.

Old 12-25-2021, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerys52SoSilver View Post
A belated Merry Yule and Happy Winter Solstice everyone.

This year was just indoors with candles, soft pagan music, diy herb biscuits and a diy wax melt with spices cloves, cinnamon. dried lemon peel and star anise from my kitchen on top of oil burner au bain marie Yule mix added from garden pine and fir needles and a few drops orange essential oil.

Some years is fire outside in my garden on patio area in my firebasket with 7 dried woods from my garden trees. And my two outdoors standing incense burners next to it , burn old faded potpourri and herbs in one and a dried mugwort from my garden in other.
Sounds like a wonderful tradition. Merry Yule to you. May the new light bring you joy.

Old 12-28-2021, 09:05 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Sounds like a wonderful tradition. Merry Yule to you. May the new light bring you joy.
I love the winder solstice! Even though it's the longest night of the year, it means that it's going to get a whole lot better before it gets worse again!

Old 12-28-2021, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I love the winder solstice! Even though it's the longest night of the year, it means that it's going to get a whole lot better before it gets worse again!
Exactly!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Katz.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism