Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 11:19 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,705,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
Can you imagine how boring Christianity would be if they hadn't stolen all that pagan stuff.

And I don't believe you are "just kidding"
Really. The Christian community to which I belong is a small Episcopal parish. The Episcopal Church (descendant of the Church of England) is chock full of pagan stuff, some of which you don't find in other churches. For example, on the liturgical calendar there are what's called Rogation Days. Those traditionally were days when the priest and the parish would go to the various farms and bless in the lands in the spring to ask for good crops. Then they would have a feast. Tell me that wasn't handed down from a pre-Christian practice in England.

Then there are different colors in use for the altars throughout the year depending upon the season and the days. There's nothing Christian about any of that. Saint days and minor holidays that just happen to coincide with Pagan nature observances and saints who have similar names and bear the characteristics of old Celtic and Saxon goddesses. "Holy wells" in England where the water is supposed to be a conduit to a Christian saint but used to be connected with other spirits.

Old 12-21-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I think it all comes from the same exact place, all of it. That all of it is related. The book of Amos tells us that before there was a Moses, there had already been several other men who came just like Moses to other peoples and nations. That God has always been doing the same thing. It is always two people living side by side where one people will rule over the other, and the slaves always bend their knee to a God because of their suffering and God delievers them and begins again.

I would have prefered to have been born a Dane back in the day when Odin and Thor were great hunters of the Earth. I would have fit right into that culture, '' Take what you can and give nothing back.''

It's just not fair, they got to have all the fun and get to go to Valhala, and then there is me with all my guilt complexed complexedies or however you spell that. I don't think I am any more saved from those people who lived loyal to their beliefs as I believe pretty much all people are going to Valhalla and I pray to God that I die with a sword in my hand.

I would have been the best Pagan of all, at least life would have been fun.
The Valkyrie will come pick you up with their long blonde braids and horn helmets. I love the artwork in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V92OBNsQgxU

Old 12-21-2018, 12:20 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,276,683 times
Happy Solstice, Everyone. May the Goddess smile upon you and bring you health, love, & peace in the new year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbBCCqPtEV8

Cat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
Happy Solstice, Everyone. May the Goddess smile upon you and bring you health, love, & peace in the new year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbBCCqPtEV8

Cat
The same to you, my friend.

Thanks for posting the song again!

Old 12-21-2018, 12:54 PM

5,851 posts, read 5,276,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The same to you, my friend.

Thanks for posting the song again!
You're welcome. Besides, it is the only Solstice song I know.

Cat

Old 12-21-2018, 02:32 PM

4,936 posts, read 3,310,540 times
Happy Yule everyone!

Old 12-21-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerys52SoSilver View Post
Happy Yule everyone!
Same to you.

Solstice was at 5:23 here. Lit all my candles.

Old 12-21-2018, 08:31 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,056,504 times
Thank you all for your posts, I have enjoyed every one of them! I retire to bed wishing you all that the scent of Balsam Fir linger in your houses through the New Year!

Old 12-22-2018, 12:04 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
Thank you all for your posts, I have enjoyed every one of them! I retire to bed wishing you all that the scent of Balsam Fir linger in your houses through the New Year!
I was praying for you under the great blue sky when I spotted a blue heron flying from east to west with a hooded Cobra in his mouth and I asked the blue sky what it meant and the sky replied saying,'' You know sir.'' Then I asked again saying,'' O great Blue sky, I know that the heron brings heavenly babies but this blue heron has a hooded cobra, why is the cobra in his mouth?''

Then the Great Blue Sky replied and said,'' This one comes from the Eastern Gods flying swiftly to ShouldIMoveorstayput in order that he shall be given a spiritchild to raise and this child shall bring in a new era by the shewdness of his tongue.''

Praise God, praise God, horses have bolted and birds have taken flight. This is the year of the great Solstice.

Old 12-23-2018, 06:01 AM

2,512 posts, read 3,056,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Then the Great Blue Sky replied and said,'' This one comes from the Eastern Gods flying swiftly to ShouldIMoveorstayput in order that he shall be given a spiritchild to raise and this child shall bring in a new era by the shewdness of his tongue.''

Praise God, praise God, horses have bolted and birds have taken flight. This is the year of the great Solstice.
I will do my best! If a hooded cobra has been placed in my care, I must strive to become a real charmer...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism