Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2024, 09:58 AM

6,892 posts, read 4,908,641 times

Advertisements

I wish I had less grass and more cement in my life.

I find living in the countryside to be blissful except for keeping the trees, berries, weeds, grass under control.

I am mostly an inbetween-vert.

I've pretty much given up on magazines since Mental Floss went to online only. I don't enjoy reading online. I read a wide variety of novels; murder, thriller, fantasy, sci-fi, biographies, historical polar exploration, and more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2024, 10:13 AM

35,241 posts, read 17,133,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farm108 View Post
I promised to do it only this month, in May. All Mondays in May.
Understood. I thought I had typed "for May" but oh well. I have pinch-hitted a few times but given my occupation I cannot promise a particular day on an ongoing basis.

Old 05-06-2024, 12:05 PM

3,086 posts, read 1,689,816 times
Quote:
~ I wish I had more money and less stress in my life.

~ I find living in the countryside to be ....... challenging! My second home is a farm, and while I enjoy the peacefulness in being there, is has its drawbacks.

~ Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

~ What types of books/magazines do you like to read? Books: true crime, autobiographies, James Lee Burke series...

~ I see beauty in ............ deserts, coasts, farm land, even swampland.

Have a good week everyone.
Have a good week.

Old 05-06-2024, 12:34 PM

22,377 posts, read 19,294,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Understood. I thought I had typed "for May" but oh well. I have pinch-hitted a few times but given my occupation I cannot promise a particular day on an ongoing basis.
do people have to sign up or can anyone jump in with a list? I just discovered this thread recently and have a list of questions ready to go what is the process? thank you

Old 05-06-2024, 12:39 PM

3,153 posts, read 1,033,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
do people have to sign up or can anyone jump in with a list? I just discovered this thread recently and have a list of questions ready to go what is the process? thank you
Hi,

Sure you can post Monday's questions when you feel like doing it. Either Sunday in the evening. Or Monday early in the morning, you just open a new thread.

Every time you have some questions, you come here and post them for Monday. No obligations to do that every Monday. Only when you can.

Thanks!

Later edit: for Saturday also, you can post questions when you are in the mood.

Last edited by farm108; 05-06-2024 at 01:46 PM..

Old 05-06-2024, 04:16 PM

11,387 posts, read 9,306,180 times
Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

Sure you can post Monday's questions when you feel like doing it. Either Sunday in the evening. Or Monday early in the morning, you just open a new thread.

Every time you have some questions, you come here and post them for Monday. No obligations to do that every Monday. Only when you can.

Thanks!

Later edit: for Saturday also, you can post questions when you are in the mood.
Wednesdays along with Saturdays are open right now, Tzaphkiel.

Wanna start Wednesday and every Wednesday? Or maybe Saturdays would be better for you.

Mondays will be open in June too.

Old 05-06-2024, 04:31 PM

12,458 posts, read 2,983,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Wednesdays along with Saturdays are open right now, Tzaphkiel.

Wanna start Wednesday and every Wednesday? Or maybe Saturdays would be better for you.

Mondays will be open in June too.
Yes, current schedule is

Sunday, Bayarea4 and etwist alternate weeks
Monday, farm108 in May. OPEN in June.
Tuesday, PJSaturn who wants someone to take the day
Wednesday, OPEN
Thursday, bjh
Friday, rainroosty
Saturday, OPEN

(Hi, John)

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-06-2024 at 10:50 PM.. Reason: Correction: changed PJSinger to PJSaturn. ;)

Old 05-06-2024, 09:00 PM

22,377 posts, read 19,294,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegE View Post
Yes, current schedule is

Sunday, Bayarea4 and etwist alternate weeks
Monday, farm108 in May. OPEN in June.
Tuesday, PJSinger who wants someone to take the day
Wednesday, OPEN
Thursday, bjh
Friday, rainroosty
Saturday, OPEN

(Hi, John)
sure I'll do Wednesday. What are the guidelines? I can see the naming convention in the list of thread titles. Are there do's and don'ts for questions? Thank you!

Old 05-06-2024, 09:50 PM

998 posts, read 552,352 times
~ I wish I had more ........ and less ........ in my life.
money and less not money
~ I find living in the countryside to be .......
Comforting. Though I live in a mountain region. When I hear the word countryside I think of rural Ohio.
~ Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
80%introvert 20%extrovert
~ What types of books/magazines do you like to read?
Fiction. I like most of Anne Rice vampire series. Also some of Steinbeck. I cant remember the last time I bought or read a magazine.
~ I see beauty in ............

Old 05-06-2024, 10:41 PM

44,382 posts, read 20,102,658 times
~ I wish I had more time in nature and less busy-ness in my life.

~ I find living in the countryside to be a peaceful dream of mine. I've never lived in the country, but it sure sounds nice. Although, since I'm an old fart now, it's probably wise for me to stay put in town, where I have close access to pretty much anything I need.

~ Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Usually an extrovert, though in certain situations I clam up and am rather shy.

~ What types of books/magazines do you like to read? Lately, I've been reading biographies. Favorite magazines are National Wildlife, Outdoor Indiana, Reader's Digest and The Saturday Evening Post.

~ I see beauty in Nature.

Have a good week everyone. Thanks for the questions, farm!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics