Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:32 AM

35,176 posts, read 17,102,781 times

Advertisements

I finally shook off the groggy exhaustion after a grueling Thursday in Court. I won't know how it went for a few months at least. Anyway, I woke up late and saw no questions posted for the day so here goes:

1) When was the last time you sneezed?

2) When was the last time you used a plastic card?

3) When was the last time you made a credit card charge over the Internet (as opposed to using plastic)

4) Did you ever use a "Mayday" call as opposed to celebrating May Day?

5) How many people have more than one cell phone and if so how many?

6) When, if ever, have you been in New York City and for what?

7) Testing your knowledge of history, do you know if George Washington was ever in New York City?

I hope I gave you some Saturday Silliness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nIdGutgymY (video won't show since added in edit)

Last edited by jbgusa; Yesterday at 06:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:50 AM

126,305 posts, read 19,089,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I finally shook off the groggy exhaustion after a grueling Thursday in Court. I won't know how it went for a few months at least. Anyway, I woke up late and saw no questions posted for the day so here goes:

1) When was the last time you sneezed?.......Last night when using black pepper

2) When was the last time you used a plastic card?.........The other day

3) When was the last time you made a credit card charge over the Internet (as opposed to using plastic)..........Purchasing tickets for a trip

4) Did you ever use a "Mayday" call as opposed to celebrating May Day?........No

5) How many people have more than one cell phone and if so how many?.......My kids have a business cellphone given to them through work and their private cellphone

6) When, if ever, have you been in New York City and for what?.........Most recently visiting inlaws

7) Testing your knowledge of history, do you know if George Washington was ever in New York City?........No idea

Thank you jbgusa!

Old Yesterday, 06:58 AM

11,382 posts, read 9,301,117 times
1) When was the last time you sneezed? - Fairly recently. It doesn't happen often.

2) When was the last time you used a plastic card? - Yesterday and often use. I go to a store just about everyday, mostly to get my fresh salads.

3) When was the last time you made a credit card charge over the Internet (as opposed to using plastic) - I also do this fairly often.

4) Did you ever use a "Mayday" call as opposed to celebrating May Day? - Nope

5) How many people have more than one cell phone and if so how many? - I'm not sure if I want the only one I have. In my view they are overrated.

6) When, if ever, have you been in New York City and for what? - 4 times total - two sports events, a Who concert, and when my ex tried out for a game show.

Thanks for the questions!

Old Yesterday, 07:12 AM

1,381 posts, read 620,249 times

### This morning

### Yesterday

3) When was the last time you made a credit card charge over the Internet (as opposed to using plastic)

### A couple of days ago

###

### I only know one person, he has 2. One is exclusive for his 6 children and 15 young grandchildren.

### We go for dining and plays, next play we got tkts for Sunset Bvld.

7) Testing your knowledge of history, do you know if George Washington was ever in New York City?

### Yes, if I’m not mistaken he had a meal at the still existing, historic Fraunces Tavern

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nIdGutgymY

THX for the Q’s jbgusa.

Old Yesterday, 07:23 AM

7,379 posts, read 5,493,280 times

1) When was the last time you sneezed? last night, allergies.

2) When was the last time you used a plastic card? the other day

3) When was the last time you made a credit card charge over the Internet (as opposed to using plastic) a few weeks ago

4) Did you ever use a "Mayday" call as opposed to celebrating May Day? no

5) How many people have more than one cell phone and if so how many? just one for me

6) When, if ever, have you been in New York City and for what? never been

I hope I gave you some Saturday Silliness. Yes, thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nIdGutgymY (video won't show since added in edit)
[/quote]

Old Yesterday, 07:56 AM

16,306 posts, read 10,446,953 times
When was the last time you sneezed?

I quit smoking years ago but still cheat and use a nicotine spray on occasion. Once and a while I spray it too high or something and it makes me sneeze.

When was the last time you used a plastic card?

The pandemic totally changed how I buy. I was a cash guy all the way, only used credit cards for large or online purchases. Now I use it for nearly every purchase after discovering how much free money I was giving away with the cash back awards programs

When was the last time you made a credit card charge over the Internet (as opposed to using plastic)

5 minutes ago, I buy most of my stuff on Amazon now

Did you ever use a "Mayday" call as opposed to celebrating May Day?

Never used a real Mayday. I don't fly things.

How many people have more than one cell phone and if so how many?

Just 1 and will probably never change that.

When, if ever, have you been in New York City and for what?

My brother lived there in the 80's.

Testing your knowledge of history, do you know if George Washington was ever in New York City?

I don't remember this from history class so I'm gonna guess yes.

Old Yesterday, 08:55 AM

18,236 posts, read 25,894,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post

1) When was the last time you sneezed? Two minutes ago---really!

2) When was the last time you used a plastic card?Yesterday-buying wheel bearing parts for my Jeep Cherokee!

3) When was the last time you made a credit card charge over the Internet (as opposed to using plastic)A couple weeks ago

4) Did you ever use a "Mayday" call as opposed to celebrating May Day?No but if I( lived in the Heartland I might! Nasty month for tornadoes last month and this month will be worse I'm afraid.

5) How many people have more than one cell phone and if so how many?All the people I know have just the one except my mechanic.

6) When, if ever, have you been in New York City and for what?Never been there, always wanted to see the eastern states

7) Testing your knowledge of history, do you know if George Washington was ever in New York City?I grade my history knowledge a "D" for dufusness!

I hope I gave you some Saturday Silliness.Cool ??'s!

Hope everyone has a super duper weekend!!

Old Yesterday, 09:02 AM

61,875 posts, read 87,361,740 times

They sound pretty sane to me

Probably not long ago. It's drizzling for days, and there is mold in the air.

Not that often anymore as more and more stores use devices that allow touchless pay. Still, I used it in one of the less "modern" places yesterday.

Just few minutes ago, when I ordered something from Amazon for my upcoming trip overseas.

Never had such emergency.

Probably many. They have work and private use phones. And it's smart to do so. Having two phones is a perfect way to keep your life a little more private and organized.

I have visited NYC several times. Some for business and some for personal enjoyment.

I don't know US history down to such details. Would have to Google it:
Oh, yeah - he resided at a house on
3 Cherry Street, in lower Manhattan

I like to be silly on Saturdays - make it your new assignment

Ah, the Diggs episode (The Simpsons)

Thank you, jbg for entering QOTD squad! Enjoy your weekend!

Ah, heads-up to all those who play with fonts and colors:
it's difficult to process such posts and reply using a phone. Those posts look like this (sample) and that often deters me from replying.

Last edited by elnina; Yesterday at 09:32 AM..

Old Yesterday, 09:11 AM

24,510 posts, read 26,051,503 times
This morning.

5/3/24, my medical ID card.

4/7/24, some RX's

No

1 to use, 3 to recycle.

Last time was a family vacation 1949

Yes he did.

Thanx JB, now rest up from Fridays workday.

Old Yesterday, 09:36 AM

16,686 posts, read 17,457,574 times
Bonjour from France jbgusa.

Earlier today, I think. Blame our dog's hairs blowing around!

I usually use my phone wallet, but did use a card two days ago to get cash out from an ATM.

We do not ahve a credit card. Since moving to France we use only a debit card. This is not uncommon in France, where they deter people racking up debt.

Not that I recall.

I did have one phone using a UK SIM card, and one French one a few years ago, but nowadays I have just the one.

Been there a few times, and indeed Mrs J lived there for a short time. I am not normally a city person, but I really enjoyed my times in NYC. The last time was back in around 2016, at the time of a papal visit. The day we left Manhattan was being shut down bit by bit, in preparation for his imminent arrival. We had the weirdest experience of being driven down lower Manhattan, and being almost the only vehicle about!

Don't know.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics