Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM

44,376 posts, read 20,094,272 times

Advertisements

I finally shook off the groggy exhaustion after a grueling Thursday in Court. I won't know how it went for a few months at least. Anyway, I woke up late and saw no questions posted for the day so here goes:

1) When was the last time you sneezed? I'm not sure. Maybe a couple of weeks ago.

2) When was the last time you used a plastic card? This morning, when I purchased some cat food at the supermarket.

3) When was the last time you made a credit card charge over the Internet (as opposed to using plastic) I'm not sure. About 1.5 to 2 weeks ago.

4) Did you ever use a "Mayday" call as opposed to celebrating May Day? No, thank goodness!

5) How many people have more than one cell phone and if so how many? I have one active one and a couple of old dead ones in a drawer.

6) When, if ever, have you been in New York City and for what? Never been here. Would like to see it sometime.

7) Testing your knowledge of history, do you know if George Washington was ever in New York City? I don't know.

I hope I gave you some Saturday Silliness. Nice job!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM

1,857 posts, read 838,782 times
1) When was the last time you sneezed? Friday: I always sneeze at least 3-4 times at work.

2) When was the last time you used a plastic card? Three hours ago.

3) When was the last time you made a credit card charge over the Internet (as opposed to using plastic) Amazon (last week)

5) How many people have more than one cell phone and if so how many? Two, My daily one and the old one that I use for games and certain apps.

6) When, if ever, have you been in New York City and for what? Two years ago during a work trip. Was living in New Jersey five or so years ago, so I went into the city almost every other week then. Really enjoyed the parks, architecture, and just the city feel. Can't imagine living there though especially with how it is now.

7) Testing your knowledge of history, do you know if George Washington was ever in New York City? I thought he spend must of his time further south, although NYC was a major city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM

35,176 posts, read 17,102,781 times
I will give you my answers on Washington now, and answer the rest of the QOTD in the morning:

GW was in NYC when he was routed by the Brits in the Battle of New York City; he lost more battles than he won and was not the greatest general;
GW said farewell to his troops in 1783 when the British and what became the U.S. signed the Treaty of Paris ending the war. This was his famous appearance at Fraunces Tavern; and
GW was inaugurated as President on Wall Street on April 20, 1789 when NYC was briefly the capital. That ended in 1790 or 1791; and
Three out of the four cabinet departments were housed at the Tavern. Those were treasury, war, and I think interior.

Old Today, 02:27 PM

22,321 posts, read 19,277,553 times
When was the last time you sneezed?
about 3 days ago, when i opened the slider onto the deck. I had a co-worker at one job (back when people actually worked in the office) who said whenever anyone sneezed at work, "Allergic to work."

When was the last time you used a plastic card?
very rarely in person. thinking......3 weeks ago when i went to Trader Joe's. (and there is a thread on CD about what are your favorite items at Trader Joe's)

very often shopping on Amazon so.....about 3 hours ago

When was the last time you made a credit card charge over the Internet (as opposed to using plastic)
see above

Did you ever use a "Mayday" call as opposed to celebrating May Day?
never did either
my eldest son will gladly inform all that the day to celebrate in May is his birthday

How many people have more than one cell phone and if so how many?
i never had one at all until my adult children insisted a few years ago, and they bought me one. (I am age 65)
i still rarely use it. they are not happy about that. I tell them, "My relationship with technology is different than yours." They don't like that either.

When, if ever, have you been in New York City and for what?
only one time in my life. once when i was married (before kids, so young marrieds) went there on vacation for a 10-day trip that my then-husband won as a reward for work project. We spent the entire time going to theatre. We stayed at a place within walking distance of the theatre district. And saw either 1, 2, or 3 theatre productions per day, all of them solely based on "day of" availability. It was a blast. The only other thing we did was eat out in restaurants within walking distance, and had all of our meals around the scheduled theatre times.

i did go to New York State one other time, several decades later, after kids, after divorce, for a shidduch meeting. But it was in the Catskills (Woodridge), not in New York City

Testing your knowledge of history, do you know if George Washington was ever in New York City?
i do not know. i freely admit that i would not do well in any quiz related to politicians in America. I do however know a lot about the indigenous in the land now called the USA and can for instance name the nineteen Pueblos.

I hope I gave you some Saturday Silliness.
yes, though for me it occurred on Sunday

yes this was fun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics