Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2023, 09:45 AM

10 posts, read 22,109 times

Advertisements

In 2005, we moved from Northern VA to Hunters Creek. We loved the location and our home. In 2015, we were transferred to Atlanta (Dunwoody). My husband has a new job that is 100% remote, so we plan to move back to Orlando. Our kids are grown so schools aren’t a problem. We’ve visited Orlando several times since moving away. A lot has changed in the 8 years we’ve been gone. Lake Nona has grown. However, we hate the style of the new houses being built there. Specifically, Park Laureate. We don’t want new construction. We’d like to move back to Hunters Creek. Is it still a good place? Also we noticed that there is a lot of development along 429 and I-4 in Osceola County. I would appreciate any advice! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2023, 10:52 AM

24,435 posts, read 27,152,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norasusan View Post
In 2005, we moved from Northern VA to Hunters Creek. We loved the location and our home. In 2015, we were transferred to Atlanta (Dunwoody). My husband has a new job that is 100% remote, so we plan to move back to Orlando. Our kids are grown so schools aren’t a problem. We’ve visited Orlando several times since moving away. A lot has changed in the 8 years we’ve been gone. Lake Nona has grown. However, we hate the style of the new houses being built there. Specifically, Park Laureate. We don’t want new construction. We’d like to move back to Hunters Creek. Is it still a good place? Also we noticed that there is a lot of development along 429 and I-4 in Osceola County. I would appreciate any advice! Thanks!
Orlando has changed A LOT since 2015 and for the better. If you don't want new construction, it wouldn't make sense to consider the developments around 429/I4. Hunters Creek is the same or better than 2015.

May I ask what is your housing budget and what do you want in an area? Are you looking for an area with a high Hispanic population?

Old 12-13-2023, 03:53 PM

We want to stay around 550k. I’m not fussed about Hispanics. Why do you ask? There were many Hispanics in Hunters Creek. At least, there were when we lived there. Aren’t there a lot of vacation rentals in the I-4/429 area

Old 12-13-2023, 06:40 PM

17,600 posts, read 15,755,460 times
Quote:
We want to stay around 550k. I’m not fussed about Hispanics. Why do you ask? There were many Hispanics in Hunters Creek. At least, there were when we lived there. Aren’t there a lot of vacation rentals in the I-4/429 area
You are correct about the vacation rentals.
Have you considered the older, more developed parts of Orlando, North of the Turnpike? Seems like Seminole County in particular might be a good fit for you. If not Seminole, lots of beautiful, established neighborhoods in Colonialtown, College Park, and Winter Park.

I’m assuming he is asking about Hispanics because East Orlando and Osceola County especially are heavily populated with Hispanics. Some prefer that, some don’t.

Old 12-14-2023, 08:47 AM

2,946 posts, read 4,158,425 times
Whenever I think of Hunters Creek I just think of traffic and long drives. If you work at Disney or the airport I get it. It's relatively easy access but if you're working remote . . ?

If you don't have to worry about schools, IMO, there are much more convenient options in places like Winter Garden/Ocoee, most of Seminole County, northeast and southeast Orlando, etc.

Old 12-14-2023, 09:28 AM

Quote:
I ask in case you were only wanting to consider areas with high Hispanic populations. Hunters Creek is really popular with Hispanic families because it's a family friendly community where Spanish is widely spoken, lots of Hispanic restaurants, sense of community, etc. So, if that isn't a criterion, then it opens the door to other communities.

I personally would NOT recommend the area around 429/I4... traffic hell, tourist hell, short term rental hell, etc. Maybe look around Windermere, Winter Garden, Thornton Park, Waterford Lakes, Maitland. There are a lot of areas... depending on what you are looking for and what kind of place you want for $550k.

Old 12-15-2023, 07:01 AM

27,319 posts, read 44,318,606 times
I too would recommend further north. Why choose tourism traffic and unpredictable congestion over quieter, less trafficked areas? With a budget of 550K there are many options but given your desire for established neighborhoods would point you toward communities like Orwin Manor or College Park bordering Winter Park on the north side of Orlando. It has mature landscaping, old growth trees (with actual shade) and easy access to everyday amenities minus heavy traffic.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...93,14&qdm=true

Old 12-16-2023, 08:17 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. We want to be close to the airport and I-4. You can laugh, but my husband is Scottish. He’d never heard of a drive in movie theater. He loves them! When we lived in Hunters Creek, often we’d drive to Lakeland to the Silver Moon Drive In. We want to stay on the Tampa side rather than the Daytona side. As far as I can tell, Hunters Creek is our only option unless the community is going downhill. Any thoughts?

Old 12-16-2023, 10:45 AM

17,600 posts, read 15,755,460 times
Hunters Creek is fine.

Curious, why “The Tampa Side?”

Old 12-16-2023, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions. We want to be close to the airport and I-4. You can laugh, but my husband is Scottish. He’d never heard of a drive in movie theater. He loves them! When we lived in Hunters Creek, often we’d drive to Lakeland to the Silver Moon Drive In. We want to stay on the Tampa side rather than the Daytona side. As far as I can tell, Hunters Creek is our only option unless the community is going downhill. Any thoughts?
Hunters Creek hasn't gone downhill, so if you liked it before, you should still like it today. If you want to live South Orlando, then consider...

-Dr. Phillips
-Windermere
-Winter Garden
-Celebration
-Hunters Creek
-Lake Nona
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando