Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2023, 07:05 AM

2,940 posts, read 4,130,903 times

Advertisements

Local leaders met with the Feds back in October to discuss funding for the Sunshine Corridor.

If you scroll to page 46 of this PDF you'll see what came of that meeting . . . 15 minute headways on Sunrail from the airport to I-Drive/Disney Springs, to Kissimmee, and to Downtown. 30 minute headways for all other stations.
https://corporate.sunrail.com/wp-con...ER_11_2023.pdf

This can't happen soon enough. I don't know if it's the Brightline service opening but the last few times I've been to MCO the parking has been an absolute nightmare. I didn't even try for Thanksgiving. I took the train to Sand Lake and the bus from the station but it has me looking at flights from SFB a lot more seriously.

Speaking of Brightline - they're adding two new roundtrips per day bringing the daily total to 16 roundtrips per day.
https://www.wpbf.com/article/brightl...edule/46031421
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2023, 08:38 AM

2,940 posts, read 4,130,903 times
Update: Federal grant for $500k comes through for the scope and cost estimates. I think some of this work is already done so hopefully we're on to prelim design and engineering in 6 months.

https://cbs12.com/news/local/sunshin...cember-13-2023

Old 12-14-2023, 11:20 AM

17,215 posts, read 15,428,659 times
Yeah I've been following this too.
Now that I'm back to working downtown, I've been routinely taking Sunrail to commute, and I am quite happy to see the trains quite full on a consistent basis.

They've said that once the new leg is complete, night and weekend service will begin, which is great news!

Old 12-14-2023, 12:52 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,986,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
Yeah I've been following this too.
Now that I'm back to working downtown, I've been routinely taking Sunrail to commute, and I am quite happy to see the trains quite full on a consistent basis.

They've said that once the new leg is complete, night and weekend service will begin, which is great news!
You moved back to Orlando?

Old 12-15-2023, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
You moved back to Orlando?
Yup

Old 12-16-2023, 07:15 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,986,736 times
Quote:
Yup
Nice, welcome back!

Old 12-19-2023, 11:20 AM

496 posts, read 521,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive carephilly View Post
Local leaders met with the Feds back in October to discuss funding for the Sunshine Corridor.

If you scroll to page 46 of this PDF you'll see what came of that meeting . . . 15 minute headways on Sunrail from the airport to I-Drive/Disney Springs, to Kissimmee, and to Downtown. 30 minute headways for all other stations.
https://corporate.sunrail.com/wp-con...ER_11_2023.pdf

This can't happen soon enough. I don't know if it's the Brightline service opening but the last few times I've been to MCO the parking has been an absolute nightmare. I didn't even try for Thanksgiving. I took the train to Sand Lake and the bus from the station but it has me looking at flights from SFB a lot more seriously.

Speaking of Brightline - they're adding two new roundtrips per day bringing the daily total to 16 roundtrips per day.
https://www.wpbf.com/article/brightl...edule/46031421
The airport is getting ridiculous. You can't get a parking space. They are limiting Uber pickups. The traffic to get to the front door is insane. Whoever is managing the airport is messing up.

Old 12-19-2023, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmbizzle View Post
The airport is getting ridiculous. You can't get a parking space. They are limiting Uber pickups. The traffic to get to the front door is insane. Whoever is managing the airport is messing up.
Yeah not to mention how the domestic security area spills all into the corridors and lounge/eating areas the minute there is any sort of crowd.
The entire arrival/pickup area is a huge mess.

Out of the airports I've been in and out of in the past two months, MCO has been by far the most disastrous to navigate due to poor crowd and traffic/parking management.
Other airports included Chicago O'Hare, Phoenix, Denver, DCA, Atlanta, and Richmond. I think I'm going to start trying to fly out of Tampa moving forward, as long as the price differences aren't too crazy.

Old 12-19-2023, 01:27 PM

496 posts, read 521,756 times
Quote:
Yeah not to mention how the domestic security area spills all into the corridors and lounge/eating areas the minute there is any sort of crowd.
The entire arrival/pickup area is a huge mess.

Out of the airports I've been in and out of in the past two months, MCO has been by far the most disastrous to navigate due to poor crowd and traffic/parking management.
Other airports included Chicago O'Hare, Phoenix, Denver, DCA, Atlanta, and Richmond. I think I'm going to start trying to fly out of Tampa moving forward, as long as the price differences aren't too crazy.
You should send a complaint. I sent one at lunch. If it weren't for CLEAR & Pre-check, I would miss all of my flights.

Old 12-19-2023, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmbizzle View Post
You should send a complaint. I sent one at lunch. If it weren't for CLEAR & Pre-check, I would miss all of my flights.
I just got CLEAR myself during my last flight out of MCO (last Friday.)
Similarly, had it not been for that, I’d have missed my flight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando