Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 06:02 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times

Advertisements

There are so many negatives in our world but I "know" kindnesses happen every day. Let's hear about them...big or small whether it is help or a compliment.

Yesterday I helped a woman in a wheelchair by putting her groceries/gifts on the checkout belt.

The cashier was very pleasant about putting my cold items in my cold bag.

In another store a man got a worker's attention for me so I could ask where an item was.

This morning my husband told me I was beautiful I love that man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2017, 06:55 AM

5,449 posts, read 4,043,852 times
Give that hubbie a hug for me!!

I made Xmas cookies and gave some to the PO clerk, library staff, my elderly landlord/neighbor, and his friend who looks after him.

Old 12-22-2017, 08:32 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,351,512 times
I was running downstairs to catch the train and if I missed it, I would've probably had another twenty minutes added to my trip (at least, and I come home late at night) and the conductor reopened the doors for me to jump in there.

We had food delivered and the security guard went out of my way to find me (they had the name but not the location in the building) so then I invited him to share in the food.

Yesterday I gave out some candy to my fellow candy lovers.

Old 12-22-2017, 08:42 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,624,710 times
Our family was in the city at night, and my son wanted to go into his favorite store. He found out it was closed and became upset because someone manning the door was quite abrupt with him, and a bystander gave him a gift, just out of the blue. I could not believe it, it was very kind and so spontaneous. It really inspired me to pay it forward!

Old 12-22-2017, 08:48 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,150,565 times
Nice thread idea!

I've completed four Christmas-related volunteer projects in service to low-income folks in our local community. I gave my mailman some home-baked Christmas cookies and thanked him for all he does. I currently have two batches of cookie dough chilling and am about to start on a third -- I'll be donating the cookies to the local Rescue Mission for their Christmas feast.

Even a simple kind word is very meaningful - do not hesitate to be kind today and every day!

Old 12-22-2017, 02:07 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
I have 3 new kitties after my neighbor threatened to poison them. So, I guess I did something nice for them.

Yesterday, at work, one of the catering guys was walking down the hall towards me while I walked towards the door. He turned around and walked back to the door to hold it for me. That was sweet.

Old 12-22-2017, 02:39 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
A co-worker offered me a dollar so I wouldn't have to bust a twenty for a drink. Sweet lady.
Usually for Christmas I just give my co-workers a card, but this year has been really rough with a lot of changes, so I got everyone a little something that I tried to tailor to their interests. I hope it makes everyone feel a little less stressed this retail holiday season.

Old 12-22-2017, 05:10 PM

5,449 posts, read 4,043,852 times
A fellow volunteer gave me half of a pie that someone had made for her, it was a special kind that she knows I like.

Old 12-22-2017, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
Give that hubbie a hug for me!!

I made Xmas cookies and gave some to the PO clerk, library staff, my elderly landlord/neighbor, and his friend who looks after him.
He gets lots of hugs

That is really nice of you to do all of that baking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
I was running downstairs to catch the train and if I missed it, I would've probably had another twenty minutes added to my trip (at least, and I come home late at night) and the conductor reopened the doors for me to jump in there.

We had food delivered and the security guard went out of my way to find me (they had the name but not the location in the building) so then I invited him to share in the food.

Yesterday I gave out some candy to my fellow candy lovers.
Wow...really nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmmadude View Post
Our family was in the city at night, and my son wanted to go into his favorite store. He found out it was closed and became upset because someone manning the door was quite abrupt with him, and a bystander gave him a gift, just out of the blue. I could not believe it, it was very kind and so spontaneous. It really inspired me to pay it forward!
Goodness is out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Nice thread idea!

I've completed four Christmas-related volunteer projects in service to low-income folks in our local community. I gave my mailman some home-baked Christmas cookies and thanked him for all he does. I currently have two batches of cookie dough chilling and am about to start on a third -- I'll be donating the cookies to the local Rescue Mission for their Christmas feast.

Even a simple kind word is very meaningful - do not hesitate to be kind today and every day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I have 3 new kitties after my neighbor threatened to poison them. So, I guess I did something nice for them.

Yesterday, at work, one of the catering guys was walking down the hall towards me while I walked towards the door. He turned around and walked back to the door to hold it for me. That was sweet.
Take care of those kitties Nice about the catering guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
A co-worker offered me a dollar so I wouldn't have to bust a twenty for a drink. Sweet lady.
Usually for Christmas I just give my co-workers a card, but this year has been really rough with a lot of changes, so I got everyone a little something that I tried to tailor to their interests. I hope it makes everyone feel a little less stressed this retail holiday season.
I'm sure your coworkers will appreciate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
A fellow volunteer gave me half of a pie that someone had made for her, it was a special kind that she knows I like.
Very nice.

Old 12-22-2017, 05:25 PM

My DH and I are building right now and living in our RV. My friend offered me use of her kitchen to do some holiday baking tomorrow. I will be making some treats for friends and also dog and horse treats for our new neighbors. I have only met a few of them but they all have horses, dogs and donkeys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships