Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans
 [Register]
New Orleans New Orleans - Metairie - Kenner metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 06:07 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,480,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemy View Post
No longer the "Aints", huh? Gotta be some kinda haints at work here (you need to be a local to understand that).

Do any of you remember the seasons when we used Schweggman bags to cover our heads (in shame) at the games? But still we kept the faith...I've always said that we were/are the most loyal fans in the Nation.

Geaux Saints!
DEFINITELY!!!

I do remember those days.. Who DAT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 06:20 PM

1,127 posts, read 5,008,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemy View Post
No longer the "Aints", huh? Gotta be some kinda haints at work here (you need to be a local to understand that).

Do any of you remember the seasons when we used Schweggman bags to cover our heads (in shame) at the games? But still we kept the faith...I've always said that we were/are the most loyal fans in the Nation.

Geaux Saints!
Oh yeah we've come a long way. I always enjoyed being a long suffering Saints fan, after all who doesn't love an under dog, but I have to say that I am SO LOVIN' the excitement of being in the running for the SB! I'll bet that Buddy D is puttin in a good word! WHO DAT!

Jacq, have you tried wwl.com to stream the radio? It's not the same as seeing the game, but you can at least hear the plays.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:45 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,284,305 times
I also have been a tried and true SAINTS fan during the losing years.

Who DAT?!

Old 01-18-2010, 08:54 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,050,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
New Orleans, don't embarass state again
You mean like you guys do in Lafayette each year for Mardi Gras?

Don't ride from house to house stoned drunk on horseback begging for food to make a gumbo.

Idiots come in all forms in this state and are not only found in New Orleans.

busta

Old 01-19-2010, 06:57 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,515,251 times
We don't do that in Lafayette. We hold clean mardi gras parades. The type of Mardi Gras your talking about goes on outside Lafayette Parish. Get your stories straight before making remarks like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
You mean like you guys do in Lafayette each year for Mardi Gras?

Don't ride from house to house stoned drunk on horseback begging for food to make a gumbo.

Idiots come in all forms in this state and are not only found in New Orleans.

busta

Last edited by knoxgarden; 01-19-2010 at 01:13 PM.. Reason: removed personal attack

Old 01-19-2010, 07:15 AM

1,127 posts, read 5,008,012 times
Busta, Dave has had a bad history with NOLA and is just venting his issues. Don't be too upset with him, he was "snubbed" by a hotel worker and hasn't quite worked it out of his system yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave
I live in Lafayette and I only go to New Orleans if I absolutely have no other choice. My worst fear in New Orleans is the cops who are among the biggest criminals of the city. My wife and I stayed in New Orleans in July before Katrina. She'd never been there and always wanted to visit. Between the drunks, drug addicts, shootings, and mentally insane she also swore to never return. Our opinion of New Orleans was sealed when we were checking out of the hotel and the hotel staff said they'd never want to go to some country city like Lafayette where there's nothing to do. Wonder how many of them ended up in our "country city" after Katrina? Kiss my a$$ New Orleans, you and your team will never get a dime of my money. https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-o...atrina-11.html
Of course I think he's improving because later on he toned it down:

Quote:
It was July 8th 2005 that my girlfriend (now wife) and I went to New Orleans for her birthday. I proposed to her on her birthday. We spent a few days in New Orleans. Before we checked out of the hotel, we went to the hotel's gift shop. We talked to two employees at the gift show. When we told them we were from Lafayette, LA; one of the two said she doesn't like Lafayette "cause it's too country for her" and that she'd never leave New Orleans. That left a sour taste in my mouth for New Orleans. A week after Katrina hit New Orleans I remembered that woman and what she said about Lafayette. I wondered if she stayed behind or was she evacuated to Lafayette and how she felt about Lafayette now. sharing new orleans experience

Old 01-19-2010, 09:16 AM

4,230 posts, read 10,480,380 times
Dave!, stop embarrassing Louisiana. The state does a good enough job of that already.

Quote:
Get your stories straight before making remarks like that.
You could start by following your own advice.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
We don't do that in Lafayette. We hold clean mardi gras parades. The type of Mardi Gras your talking about goes on outside Lafayette Parish. Get your stories straight before making remarks like that.
Jeeze Dave, I was yanking your chain, didn't ya see the after my post.

By the way, life's to short to take all this stuff so seriously.

And as far as facts go, you have a few that are not true about New Orleans, but what do you expect from a Lafayetteian.

busta

Old 01-19-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drouzin View Post
Busta, Dave has had a bad history with NOLA and is just venting his issues. Don't be too upset with him, he was "snubbed" by a hotel worker and hasn't quite worked it out of his system yet.

Of course I think he's improving because later on he toned it down:

I bet SourDave was trying to hit on the hotel staff and she said, sorry I don't do Lafayetteians.

Nola girls have a way of stopping old farts from hitting on them.

busta

Old 01-19-2010, 07:56 PM

3,037 posts, read 5,927,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drouzin View Post
Jacq, have you tried wwl.com to stream the radio? It's not the same as seeing the game, but you can at least hear the plays.
Thanks Drou, will give it a go. I'll still need an interpreter though. When we watched a game in a bar in NOLA, I just cheered along with everyone else. I *do* know a touchdown when I see one...I think.

GEAUX SAINTS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > New Orleans