Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2023, 06:06 PM

217 posts, read 141,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Thx for the report! Sorry you missed the Rail Runner. Did you ever make it to Santa Fe?

I didn't know NM had mosquitos either, and I've lived there for 20 years. Next time maybe bring a mosquito net to hang over your bed. I used to take one of those to certain parts of Russia with me.

And speaking of not being a big city person, I've completely been won over to small towns after living in Santa Fe, coming from Seattle and before that, the Bay Area. No freeways (I avoid ABQ unless a trip there is absolutely necessary), easy to hop on the interstate, easy to drive across town, everything is within about a 20-minute drive, with rare exceptions, and the state has big open spaces with little traffic.
Santa Fe on my re-visit. I don't have a car so i had to rely on the bus and Uber.

Yup i have a mosquito net hanging over my bed in LA. There is an invasive species of mosquitos affecting all of the west coast, small "ankle biter" mosquitos.

The big open spaces was exactly what I needed. There are probably places in CA like that, i just haven't found (or really looked for) them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2023, 09:41 AM

979 posts, read 537,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpleton1989 View Post
I want to visit Santa Fe. I hear it gets windy. I hear best time to visit is Sep - Nov but I missed my window
March is nice but usually very windy. This year though it was windy in April. I suggest April as the best spring month to visit. May is my favorite month here but it gets hot (not like we think of hot, but like anyone from a humid climate would) - over 90 degrees on a normal day. After that it is even hotter until late August or September. October is a good time too, we have the balloon fiesta in Albuquerque and a lot of arts fairs and shows during the 2 weeks of the balloon fiesta. I am not sure what goes on in Santa Fe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico