Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2022, 11:34 AM

4,168 posts, read 2,566,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Calzadilla View Post
You sound to me like a LINO ( Libertarian In Name Only) because if you like Liberty, Freedom and Constitutional Individual Rights then you have to make your highest bet for someone who has fulfilled all his campaign promises and has placed America for 4 consecutive years and uninterruptedly in the most respectable, dignified, sovereign and independent world position for all of us. How dare you put Trump on the same level as the senile and illegal President Biden by calling him a moron? You have written too much to ask a question without the slightest brilliance and I have dedicated more than a minute to you in my answer. With "Libertarians" like you, true Americans don't need enemies in China or on Capitol Hill, the White House or the FBI.

^^^^^ Beautifully written. Thank you for speaking the truth.

Old 09-04-2022, 11:44 AM

1,640 posts, read 1,643,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
New York is full of American flags. In front of homes, businesses, lining main streets on the light poles. Even in the most liberal areas. Just more propaganda on how only the citizens of red states are "real" Americans.

Old pics from before the commies NYC mayors.

Old 09-04-2022, 11:47 AM

1,640 posts, read 1,643,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
^^^^^ Beautifully written. Thank you for speaking the truth.
Oh Thank you so much !

Old 09-04-2022, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Oh Thank you so much !
Happy to stand with a Patriot.

Old 09-05-2022, 08:50 AM

32,923 posts, read 36,323,847 times
Quote:
You sound to me like a LINO ( Libertarian In Name Only) because if you like Liberty, Freedom and Constitutional Individual Rightsthen you have to make your highest bet for someone who has fulfilled all his campaign promises and has placed America for 4 consecutive years and uninterruptedly in the most respectable, dignified, sovereign and independent world position for all of us. How dare you put Trump on the same level as the senile and illegal President Biden by calling him a moron? You have written too much to ask a question without the slightest brilliance and I have dedicated more than a minute to you in my answer. With "Libertarians" like you, true Americans don't need enemies in China or on Capitol Hill, the White House or the FBI.
I'm not going to bother posting more links.

https://www.americanprogress.org/art...ures-year-one/

Old 09-05-2022, 11:45 AM

15 posts, read 24,481 times
Quote:
[Trump] has placed America for 4 consecutive years and uninterruptedly in the most respectable, dignified, sovereign and independent world position for all of us.

Good grief! While you were likely having a Trump tattoo applied to your back, most of the rest of the world heaved a giant sigh of relief when Trump very convincingly lost the 2020 election. Biden wasn't my first or even second choice for a Trump replacement but I joined most of the rest of the world in exclaiming Good Riddance to Trump! Political wins aside, Trump was, on balance, more of a negative drag on the country (and world) than a positive influence.

Full disclosure: I have been registered as a nonpartisan voter for the last 10 years in Nebraska and it feels great to be free of having to pretend to align with a political party and some of their more asinine positions or foibles.

Old 09-05-2022, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I'm not going to bother posting more links.

https://www.americanprogress.org/art...ures-year-one/
And neither will I. But to be fair, here is your rebuttal.

As of January 2021

Trump Administration Accomplishments (And there are many)

https://trumpwhitehouse.archives.gov...complishments/

------------------------------------------

Old 09-05-2022, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaumontPark View Post
Biden wasn't my first or even second choice for a Trump replacement but I joined most of the rest of the world in exclaiming Good Riddance to Trump!
And now our beloved Nation as well as the rest of the world are paying the price for this folly. We can thank a progressive today for our downfall. A downfall that can be heard around the world.

"As America goes, so does the rest of the world."

Old 09-05-2022, 03:55 PM

232 posts, read 302,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKB55 View Post
Both states find the cities more blue while rural areas are definitely more red.

As far as costs go...I don't find Fort Worth to be any more expensive than Lincoln with one exception--PROPERTY TAXES. OMG. People moan & groan about Lincoln's. HA. FW's are 50% more! ("but no state income tax"--you pay it one way or another!)

DD just bought a house in Far SW FW. Nice safe area. Sold my parents 42 year old home (with few updates) in Lincoln in April for more than $300K. She just bought a 25 year old home with updates for less than that.
Similar 1st floor size (no basements in TX so hard to compare). The market was crazy in FW but much crazier in Lincoln. Has slowed in both places a bit.

Yes, more crowded here. But I traffic issues exist in both cities.

After her living on/near TCU campus for 6 yrs (and her brother for 3 yrs prior), I knew my way around a pretty good perimeter...
Having to figure my way around this new part of the city! ("burbs!")
"rural areas are more red": unfortunately I found that out in Scottsbluff NE after one pathetic year. ALL the old farmers gather there (waiting to die). Trump's base: "old white men (and their wives)." Actually that is most of the DSA in rural areas: red. I know the Dems live in Omaha and Lincoln. Cheers!

Old 09-05-2022, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyp1 View Post
"rural areas are more red": unfortunately I found that out in Scottsbluff NE after one pathetic year. ALL the old farmers gather there (waiting to die). Trump's base: "old white men (and their wives)." Actually that is most of the DSA in rural areas: red. I know the Dems live in Omaha and Lincoln. Cheers!
Without all those "old farmers" you would starve to death. I for one respect them, and are grateful they exist. They work from dawn to dusk without much thanks from certain people. And yes, I've lived in a rural town of 2100 for the last 4 1/2 yrs. We need more just like them, not less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska