Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 10:58 AM

1 posts, read 3,628 times

Advertisements

how is the naples park area?? iam moving there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 09:45 AM

47 posts, read 154,036 times
It's average, middle class, nothing special, older (small) homes. Where are you from?

Old 11-24-2012, 01:43 PM

68 posts, read 211,136 times
Naples park is a good location, if you like decent schools and being near to the beach. Other than that, its older smaller homes with no deed restricted, and really it feels a little more run down as a result, once you get use to the rest of Naples. Its without doubt the most affordable place West of US41, but also the least desirable. It really does depend on the sort of person you are. If you want pristine, then its not going to be for you. You'll be better off moving slightly East to a gated community. Not saying its a bad location, i have friends that live there and they like it.. Depends what your looking for.

PM me if you need help on anything Naples.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:03 AM

19 posts, read 94,112 times
Default Racist "cracker"

It's not smart to project your own feelings onto others. The term "cracker" is actually used by... crackers! These people (who call THEMSELVES cracker) are the original settlers of Florida (after the Spaniards and so on).

The origin of the term is disputed (is there anything that isn't?!) Some believe it refers to the early settlers (post Civil War) who had only poor foodstuffs to nourish themselves on the long VERY hot, humid cattle drives (yessir, cows... they have nearly as many of them as west Texas) and traveled with a good supply of CRACKERS!

Others claim that "cracker" refers to said settlers only it was the SOUND of their whips constantly urging the cattle onward to better ground that could be used to set up their ranches.

But apparently you think of the term "cracker" as some racist blacks do (and yeah, there ARE racist blacks). I feel sorry for people who have such limited vocabularies and live is such a small world. And I am REALLY GLAD I don't!

I hope you aren't one of those ignorant people who believe "*****rdly" should be banned from our language because some are so poorly educated that they believe is as anything to do with the word "negro"!

Last edited by msfitzga; 09-19-2014 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: inappropriate forum correction

Old 09-19-2014, 10:18 AM

UNBELIEVABLE! I just wrote about a certain word and the forum filled it with asterick.

For the record:

The words *****rd and *****rdly are sometimes misinterpreted as racial slurs because they sound like the highly offensive word ******. However, *****rd dates back to Middle English. The first element nygg-, nig- was borrowed from a Scandinavian source, and -ard is a pejorative suffix. The English word *****rdly is a modern English formation from *****rd. Therefore these two words are not etymologically related to ******.my word with asterices (*)

In other words, you will NOT see the word in question since some ignorant fools see racism under every bed and insult in every speech. This word which was first used in the early 1300's is from freakin' Swedish and refers to stinginess! God SAVE US ALL!

Old 09-19-2014, 10:19 AM

Default Racist "cracker"

It's not smart to project your own feelings onto others. The term "cracker" is actually used by... crackers! These people (who call THEMSELVES cracker) are the original settlers of Florida (after the Spaniards and so on).

The origin of the term is disputed (is there anything that isn't?!) Some believe it refers to the early settlers (post Civil War) who had only poor foodstuffs to nourish themselves on the long VERY hot, humid cattle drives (yessir, cows... they have nearly as many of them as west Texas) and traveled with a good supply of CRACKERS!

Others claim that "cracker" refers to said settlers only it was the SOUND of their whips constantly urging the cattle onward to better ground that could be used to set up their ranches.

But apparently you think of the term "cracker" as some racist blacks do (and yeah, there ARE racist blacks). I feel sorry for people who have such limited vocabularies and live is such a small world. And I am REALLY GLAD I don't!

I hope you aren't one of those ignorant people who believe "*****rdly" should be banned from our language because some are so poorly educated that they believe is as anything to do with the word "negro"!

Old 09-19-2014, 12:21 PM

55 posts, read 85,680 times
From a historical documentary about early Florida, the phrase "Cracker" came from the cattle drives in Florida. You are right about one thing. You used poor judgement in your word selection and even poorer judgement in your explanations.

You should quit where you are at.

And now you got something against the enviromentalists?

Old 09-21-2014, 11:59 AM

113 posts, read 286,379 times
mmcool -- in answer to you questions. South Naples has some questionable areas and Golden gate City is not good. But depending on where you are coming from, you may not think these areas are "that" bad.

Old 03-06-2023, 02:07 AM

6 posts, read 12,916 times
this is a really old thread but every school in naples is rampant with drugs, there is a lot of money flowing and drugs can easily be received. north naples or port royal would be the safest areas. naples park, lake park are good too but are ungated communities with public access

Old 03-06-2023, 06:34 AM

788 posts, read 783,508 times
Funny reply as collier county has had a looong and steady history drug issues for at least 50+ years and ago any just one of a few reason's why we moved away to raise our girls in a safer rural area . Brush up reading about - Operation Everglades . There was a 1 and 2 version of that with lots of history connecting both coast and a heck of a lot of drugs dropped over the middle ground over the prairies when DEA aircraft were following drug runners . Then the younger guys road around in there swamp buggies or atv's looking for bales of what gets you high to make some Easy Money !! . Some of the local deputies also were bought off so aircraft could land to off load cargo !! The south blocks of GGE use to be real interesting with marks on the roads were aircraft had landed or wrecked aircraft might be seen nosed up in the ditches when pilots tried to land on a road to narrow for and those DEA men were all over the county for years . Interesting times back then .

Is it better today ? Doubtful, just different just with different types of drugs added to the mix !!

GATED COMMUNITIES do not mean there safe .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples