Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples
 [Register]
Naples Collier County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 02:51 PM

1,942 posts, read 8,489,672 times

Advertisements

Naples Manor, for the 3rd time, is not a place I'd recommend. Parts of Golden Gate city neither-though other parts are fine. There is a place called "The Hood" right off of Goodlette (I think another poster spoke about it), perhaps it is called "River Park"???? that isn't too good either, but you wouldn't be able to afford a home there if you can believe it!

I know people in Naples Park and while some areas are nice, there are a lot of renters and the people who live there complain about the conditions of many of the houses. I guess it is the street that you would live on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 12:56 PM

1 posts, read 6,294 times
hello
i am from boston ma and i am looking for a home in naples florida which is close to the beach and also has a gated community. i would like to know if anyone has any suggestions on where i should look.

thank you

Old 06-03-2010, 02:52 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,541,470 times
I will PM you with the contact information for our Naples realtor who found us a great home in North Naples.........

Old 06-04-2010, 08:23 AM

3,417 posts, read 7,786,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmount617 View Post
hello
i am from boston ma and i am looking for a home in naples florida which is close to the beach and also has a gated community. i would like to know if anyone has any suggestions on where i should look.

thank you
We need more information.

Housing budget?

Jobs? Where?

Kids, spouse?

Retired?

There are plenty of places that meet your general criteria.

How close to the beach?

Old 05-03-2011, 08:30 PM

7 posts, read 13,283 times
Default Racism in Naples

Quote:
Originally Posted by msfitzga View Post
Hubby and I moved to Naples in 1993 for his medical practice and felt like Michael J. Fox in "Back to the Future" where he steps into a time warp past a la 1950's. Very little in the way of restaurants (especially after 9 pm) or funky shopping, just a couple of upscale gated communities, and a crazy crew of crackers running the local government.
Really poor choice of words. "Cracker" is a racist term. Grow up and stop with the hate already.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:08 PM

592 posts, read 1,813,880 times
this poster began their thread in june of 2007. I doubt they are reading the answers posted now!!!

Old 05-06-2011, 03:27 AM

3 posts, read 12,044 times
Default 5244 warren st

That house is up for sale. Anyone know about that neighbourhood? I am shopping for a winter home. I'm 55, like biking, walking and use internet alot.
Thanks.
Carl from Quebec.

Old 05-06-2011, 07:45 AM

3,417 posts, read 7,786,636 times
That is a ghetto area. I doubt there are any snowbirds in Naples Manor.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:48 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,840 times
Yes that area is kinda scary. In fact, Naples doesn't appear all that low crime to me. I have heard FL has pretty high crime. Tho it is definitely saturated in certain areas. Naples Manor didn't show near as much as Golden Gate tho. The fact that they pack people in like rats certainly only adds to the issues. That has been shown to effect animal behavior seriously. Here is a useful link I got from here somewhere. Community Policing & Neighborhood Crime Statistics | CrimeReports.com Community Policing & Neighborhood Crime Statistics | CrimeReports.com

Old 05-21-2011, 10:33 AM

3 posts, read 12,044 times
Much appreciated. In that case I will restrict my search in the southwest part of Cape Coral. Most easterners (Quebec) prefer the Holliwood, Hallendale, Ft-Lauderdale areas but for some reason the Cape appeals to me, seems a little bit more relaxed.
Cheers all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Naples