Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 05:46 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,327,743 times

Advertisements

No. I'll never give up riding motorcycles. I've been doing it my entire adult life. Had some close calls, but I really can't imagine not being able to get on my bike and ride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2016, 10:17 AM

8,305 posts, read 13,439,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
I will be taking my vintage bikes to Europe and NZ to tour, then sell. There is a great MC museum in Nelson, NZ. (Funded / assembled by a texan !). Maybe he immigrated to get healthcare Good idea!
According to the info on its web site, due to health issues, they are closing it to public by the end of this month!!

Too bad 'cause it looked like a great place to visit.

Old 04-22-2016, 01:38 PM

46,944 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Riding since 1996, but sold the last like about 18 months ago and haven't missed it bad enough to look for a new one. It just sort of stopped being fun.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:24 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,874,922 times
I'm not so much scared of dying in a motorcycle accident as I am ending up in a wheel chair for the rest of my life. I love riding, but I also love mountain biking, snowboarding and not having to wear a dipper. I'm not saying you cant end up losing the use your legs in an accident at a trackday or out adventure touring in the mountains but the odds are much much less then if your commuting on a bike.

Old 04-23-2016, 01:03 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,320,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTY483 View Post
I'm not so much scared of dying in a motorcycle accident as I am ending up in a wheel chair for the rest of my life. I love riding, but I also love mountain biking, snowboarding and not having to wear a dipper. I'm not saying you cant end up losing the use your legs in an accident at a trackday or out adventure touring in the mountains but the odds are much much less then if your commuting on a bike.

I feel the same way. I'm sure I'll be criticized for this but I've briefly thought about having a gun with me when riding so if I crash and can't feel my legs or something along those lines, I then finish myself off.

Old 04-23-2016, 05:49 PM

344 posts, read 550,846 times
I was riding in the mountains with someone else, they were following me at a far distance. On a straight stretch at the bottom of a hill he wasn't in the mirror, so I went back up.

Had laid it down on the first curve, by the time I got there he was being attended by two other motorcyclists who were EMT's, they already had him ready for the wagon.

Maybe consider a poison tooth like in the movies. You might not be conscious when they pick you up.

I agree with the sentiment. I like doing a lot of other things.

Old 04-23-2016, 08:14 PM

13,062 posts, read 7,500,158 times
Being forced to give up my TaoTao 49cc.

Old 04-24-2016, 06:48 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,103,490 times
After my lay-down about a month ago, I'm honestly a bit shaken up over it. Apart from a $4,000+ medical bill from what turned out to be blunt trauma in the end, I'll have to go about the whole, getting back on the bike, thing a little slower. I recently got more body armor to supplement the helmet wearing. Now I just got to muster the courage to get back on and not fear turns and intersections.
Unfortunately, you just can't stop and then proceed at all of them, not without some moron in a car causing an accident to you due to your own fear.

Old 05-01-2016, 06:40 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,940,207 times
I sold my MC a month ago. Don't miss it one bite. Replaced the 2 wheel need with a electric bicycle that can go off road. It feels great to get away from cars period. I ride often on empty sidewalks and parks.

Old 05-02-2016, 09:34 AM

46,944 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
I recently got more body armor to supplement the helmet wearing.
I thank my lucky stars that the group that taught me riding was all-the-gear-all-the-time and that the habit just stuck. The one time I was sent flying, I had a stiff neck for a couple of days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles